Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify 1.7.0 crashing on sync

Solved!

Spotify 1.7.0 crashing on sync

Just added some new local files to my starred playlist yesterday, and app was crashing when I tried to sync (about 12 songs?)

Then today the same was happening, reinstalled the app, synced all the spotify tracks fine, then tried to sync the local files (approx 150), it made it until the last 60 before crashing. Since then it syncs a couple at a time, before crashing up until the last ~45, and now it crashes immediately upon opening the app. 

Any ideas/help would be appreciated!

280 Replies

The last week or two Spotify has randomly been crashing while I've been listening to music. Usually I have just opened the app back up and continued listening, and maybe an hour or two later it crashes again. Annoying, but I was able to live with it.

Today I updated to iOS 8 and updated Spotify to 1.7.1 at the same time. I guess you could say it was wishful thinking hoping that the random crashing would be fixed..... Now the Spotify app only stays open for about 10 seconds before crashing. Nothing seems to fix the problem either. Now its really starting to get annoying.

I cannot log in from my ipad, it tells me my email address is already regestered, but  I can by computer?

I don't know if it was a fluke, or if Filtering so that you only see your offline playlists was added with 1.7.0, but I will say this problem did NOT start happening until I started using the Filter - Offline Playlists. I have turned the filter off so I see all my playlists. So far I have not been locked out of spotify. I will post an update in the next 24 hours. It might just be that the filter is the culprit. Steps To Recreate Uninstall Spotify Website - Remove Device From Account Restart iphone 5 ios 8 Install Spotify Login (I've done FB Login and I've done account name login and both have produced same results) Set Spotify Playlists to Offline Set Filter to only show offline playlists Listen to music Shut down Spotify ReLaunch Spotify Spotify starts to load and then crashes ReLaunch Spotify Spotify starts to load and then crashes. Have to repeate the entire process again every time I want to listen to a session of music. I've turned off the filtering and so far so good. It might be a fluke. It also might be caused from sending my music through my radio via the iphone cord and not from bluetooth. If I can make it 24 hours without crashing I will try playing my music via the car stereo using the iPhone cord and not the BlueTooth connection.

Hi Meredith

You will send me an email to my address with a refund form or a contact for someone in the billing department. I know this isn't your fault that someone decided to release a faulty update but as a customer service representative this is the least you could do.

Thank you,
Tom

I think this may be a fluke because I've got into a routine of reinstalling the app and syncing two or three playlists for my journey to work then when the crashes start occurring at lunch time I repeat the reinstallation.

Hey guys, just an update on this.

We're hard at work investigating this issue from the reports you've been submitting. And keep them coming!

Once we've got to the bottom of things, we'll do our best to get you back up and listening to your music as soon as possible.

Thanks for hanging in there in the meantime.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi Richard,

Send me an email with a refund form or a contact for someone I'm the billing department.

Tom.
Marked as solution

Hey guys, we'd like you to try something for us.

1) Go to SettingsLanguage & Region (in iOS 😎

2) Under Region Formats change the Region to something else. eg, change it to UK if you're in the US.

3) Open Spotify.

If you're successful, please let us know. You should be able to change your Region Format back afterwards.

If not, please also let us know. Every report counts!

Thanks.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Finally! I've had iOS 8 since Beta and haven't been able to use Spotify for months now on my phone.  Changing this worked for me, then continues to work after changing back.

That did the trick for me! Not that I understand why though...

Changed region ro UK.

Opened Spotify on my phone, opened spotify on my Mac.

When the phone started to sync local tracks it crashed after 4-5 songs synced.

This worked for me.

Changing the region to US, France or Uzbekistan doesn't work for me. Send the refund form to me or a contact for someone in the billing department.

This helped for me perfect!! Don't know why my region was on USA... I changed it to the Netherlands and it works

Wow, I don't know why that worked - but it did.

Description

Spotify wasn't syncing all of my songs to my iPhone 5s so I tried a clean reinstall.  After that I logged in and was able to sync for about 10 minutes.  Now the app crashing after about 15-30 seconds when the syncing starts, version app version 1.7.1.7

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. First I did this: did a clean reinstall

2. Then I did that: logged in and began to sync some of my playlists

3. I also did this: soft reset of my iPhone

4. then this: logged out of app and back in

5. then this: turned iPhone off and back on

6. and finally, this: did another clean reinstall, logged in and tried to sync some of my playlists

What I expected to happen

This is what I expected to happen: for my music to sync without the app crashing after 15-30 seconds.  I expected to be able to use the app that I am paying for without this many problems.

What actually happened

This is what happened instead: after clean reinstall I was able to sync selected playlists for about 10 minutes.  The app then crashed.  It now crashes everytime I open it as soon as the syncing begins (anywhere from immediately to about 30 seconds)

My iPad/iPhone model

iPhone 5s

Device’s Operating System

Is your device jailbroken?

No

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

23 total

trying to sync 15 playlists for offline use (well below the 3,333 song limit)

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

0.9.13.24.g5dbb3103

My provider and country

Verizon, US

I also can't begin to understand why this worked...but it worked.

Description

Spotify wasn't syncing all of my songs to my iPhone 5s so I tried a clean reinstall.  After that I logged in and was able to sync for about 10 minutes.  Now the app crashing after about 15-30 seconds when the syncing starts, version app version 1.7.1.7

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. First I did this: did a clean reinstall

2. Then I did that: logged in and began to sync some of my playlists

3. I also did this: soft reset of my iPhone

4. then this: logged out of app and back in

5. then this: turned iPhone off and back on

6. and finally, this: did another clean reinstall, logged in and tried to sync some of my playlists

What I expected to happen

This is what I expected to happen: for my music to sync without the app crashing after 15-30 seconds.  I expected to be able to use the app that I am paying for without this many problems.

What actually happened

This is what happened instead: after clean reinstall I was able to sync selected playlists for about 10 minutes.  The app then crashed.  It now crashes everytime I open it as soon as the syncing begins (anywhere from immediately to about 30 seconds)

My iPad/iPhone model

iPhone 5s

Device’s Operating System

Is your device jailbroken?

No

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

23 total

trying to sync 15 playlists for offline use (well below the 3,333 song limit)

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

0.9.13.24.g5dbb3103

My provider and country

Verizon, US

This "solution" did not work for me.

Suggested posts