03-05-2012 09:44 AM - edited 07-05-2012 12:08 AM
Great that you finally made it! Not a day to late though as iPad have been around since...can't remember! ;-)
But...Why on earth have you not at least kept all the features from the iPhone-version???
(I might have missed this but then it is not intuitive enough.)
More features requested from users below:
#1 = Tap the full view screen and in the bottom you have a symbol with a bunch of people. That is the one!
#2 = (from user: soho/Spotify-team) It is actually possible to star a whole album. On the album view, just tap the + button and then select Starred in the "Add to Playlist" popover that appears.
#3 = Tapping the artist name in Now Playing will take you to the playing context. So if you're playing from an album, that's where you'll end up. If you're playing from an artist or a playlist, then you will be taken to the artist view or the playlist view. (i.e. same as on desktop)
03-05-2012 09:59 AM
03-05-2012 10:32 AM
The app is awesome (really!) as I learn how to find stuff (1 of the 5 still) along the way but as you need to find features that is in a certain part (corner) it would be good to have a guide when you install the new iPad-app the first time to go through things. I have seen very simple apps supporting that even.
I have refreshed the list above with changes, more stuff
Sorry to be hard-nosed about Facebook and Apple but a lot of thoughts adds to this.
Keep send updates now and correct stuff frequently!
03-05-2012 04:49 PM - edited 03-05-2012 04:50 PM
03-05-2012 08:14 PM
I agree with the volume control and search in playlist... I've also added a few more requests in the review of the iPad app here
In addition to what is already listed here we are asking for the follwoing features:
- Spotify Apps
- Jump from song directly to Album
- Improved pane navigation
- Customizable tabs
- Genres and Top Charts
04-05-2012 03:25 AM
If this is becoming the ipad feature request thread I'll add mine.
1) Easy access to album and artist panes from Now Playing Menu (e.g. like in the desktop app where you click on the artist name)
2) Being able to "star" a whole album.
3) Volume control
4) Volume control
5) Swiping through cover arts in the Now Playing panes only starts playing a song when you *let go* of the swype, i.e. to allow you to skip over tracks easily.
6) Volume control
I should add that for a V1.0 app is it bloomin brilliant!
04-05-2012 08:14 AM
Spotify for iPad is the missing piece of the puzzle for me in terms of using Spotify as my main music source, so thanks for the long time coming release.
Just to echo some the points made by others, Volume Control is a top priority along with Airplay option.
In my mind these should be available on every screen with the playback controls.
Gestures for Volume as well would be nice, but certainly a slider option is necessary (essential) in all control windows.
04-05-2012 08:13 PM
Thanks for the feedback! You make some very good points. I've added some comments below.
* It is actually possible to star a whole album. On the album view, just tap the + button and then select Starred in the "Add to Playlist" popover that appears.
* Tapping the artist name in Now Playing will take you to the playing context. So if you're playing from an album, that's where you'll end up. If you're playing from an artist or a playlist, then you will be taken to the artist view or the playlist view. (i.e. same as on desktop)
* We've had a lot of discussions about the context menus you get when long-pressing a track, tapping the small cover art in Now Playing Bar, and also seen at the bottom of the Now Playing view. We wanted to keep them clean and not too confusing, but the discussion is still ongoing and nothing is set in stone, so feedback is always welcome.