Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on iphone will not open

Spotify on iphone will not open

Spotify on iphone will not open.Yesterday it was working. Today it will not open. I checked my mac it still will works.  Any solution?

I already deleted and installed it three times. I also shut down and restarted my iphone. But I still can not get Spotify to open. Thanks for help

18 Replies

Hey pierrewolf - What iPhone and iOS are you using? Is the app opening and then immediately crashing?

I am using latest  iphone and latest software 6.1.4. App is immediately crashing does not open.

Meredith are you around?

Hey there! OK a couple more things to check:

1. How many apps do you have running? Have you tried closing them all and then trying to open Spotify?

2. How much space do you have available on your phone? 

Closed all apps. and 6.3 GB available. Nothing changed when I did again. I am getting a message sign of 1 on the app but I can not get it to stay open it instaneously crashes.I am a premium subscriber if that means anything

Meredith 

Now I cant even get into my old account its saying I am not a premium subscriber when I am. Its saying my email is in use by another subscriber. I had to creste a new username to even post. Now what?????????

Meredith Meredith Meredith?

Are you with the company? Is there someone I can speak with?

Hi there! It looks like what's happened here is you've made two accounts with us. 

It's the one that's linked to your Facebook that has been upgraded to Premium--not your 'pierrewolf' account. We can help sort this out but you'll need to reach out to our payments team via the contact form

Once that's sorted we can continue to help with the iOS app too--thanks!

I have been communicating with them. But why does the app on my ipad work and not on my iphone?

How do I get my app to even open on my iphone? There is no way to alter settings without that.

Why if you look on the apple board many people are having the same issue. Why was it working two days ago? What has changed except the new App?Why if you know what the issue is and you know I am a premium subscriber you can not just solve it on yourside? 

Ive had the same problem - spotify wont open on my iphone ever since I upgraded it on 04 July 2013! It works on my ipad and laptop just fine. I have reinstalled the iphone app several times - no luck. Have been waiting weeks for an update, still none.

Please help! Otherwise I will need to cancel my premium membership

Thanks.

They have no answers.  I now have had 3 different people email me, each asking the same questions as the last. Every time I reply with the same answers there is silence.  I think their idea of technical support is a bunch of nice summer interns majoring in communications with laptops 

If you are having issues with v0.7.1 on iOS there is an open bugs tracker with a work around here which will hopefully get you up and running again. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Peter,

So this is the fix finally. Forget the links

change your Region Format settings to USA.

iPhone/iPod Settings > General > International > Region Format > then change country

Obviously 17,000 posts and 5300 Kudos you know what you are talking about. . I don't understand why customer support at the company doesn't just come out and say the new app is screwed. Many others are having the same issue. Technical support is a joke it's a bunch of high school students cutting and pasting the same questions. Someone should have emailed this simple sentence above 2 days ago. Maybe its all  ploy so that when Apple launches its streaming service Spotify will become the next Etoys or Netscape. Anyway Peter thank you for your attention. Tell Spotify they owe you some extra stock options

i'm glad to hear you found a solution to the issue 🙂 have a great day! 

Thank you!  I was having all these same problems! This worked.

thank you so much for posting the fix i had been having the same problem for weeks as well

My spotify is on wait mode for à week now can't open and deleting the app is not an option wtf.....

My app crashes every time I try to open my spotify? Can anyone help?

Suggested posts