Help - iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, iPod classic)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
becky1892

Spotify on multiple devices

If i bought the spotify premium package, would i be able to use it on more than one device, for instance my i phone and my dad's iphone? Xx

Community Manager
Meredith

Re: Spotify on multiple devices

Hi Becky1892-- Premium users can sync their playlists on three devices with up to 3,333 songs on each. 

However, Premium accounts are meant for individual use only. Currently there is a thread on our "Ideas" section about Family Subscriptions. If that's something you'd be interested in head on over here and add your feedback. 

--------
Looking for tunes?

What I've been listening to

Music Lover
tomashworth

You can but its limited to three mobile devlces and a total of 3,333 songs. I think that a family pricing model would be really cool. I really want a pop up of how many songs I have in my offline playlists as well as I think when its exceeded the iPhone complains that we have playlists synced to more than three devices which is not the case.

Music Fan
mcallischris

I signed up for my membership so long ago I can't remember what plan I have. If 3 devices are allowed for any membership, then I don't have a clue why I can only access my play lists on my pc. When I login on my wife's laptop I use the same ID and password and it doesn't pull up any of the lists I have, shows my facebook picture, and plays like a free membership with ads.

Is this the way it is supposed to be, or is something screwed up? I pay for the service, but did not know it would be trapped on one computer.

Thanks - Chris

Community Manager
Meredith

mcallischris wrote:

If 3 devices are allowed for any membership, then I don't have a clue why I can only access my play lists on my pc. 

Hi Chris - The 3 devices aren't allowed for any membership--just Premium. Currently your 'mcallischris' account is on our Unlimited subscription. You can upgrade easily through your subscription page.

On a sidenote, it looks like you've made two accounts on our system. Please see Richard's post here for simple steps on sorting that out. 

--------
Looking for tunes?

Music Fan
thebeline

So I am confused. How does this 3 devices thing work? I have premium. I have spotify installed on my android phone, my old android phone (which I do not use anymore), my android tablet, my personal computer, and my work computer. All my personal devices, used only by me.

The premis of spotify is that your music can follow you, is this to say that my music can not follow me? It is only me using those devices, seems there is a disconnect here...

So this was my set up until this morning. This morning I logged my wife in to my account and got the first finicky behavior from spotify to date. It would not play tracks on selection, stating free accounts can not do this, but it would play radio. Then, oddly, it would download a playlist and would successfully play a track on selection once downloaded... Could you explain this particular behavior?

For what its worth, a family plan would be ideal, but I wouldn't want to have to shell out for a family plan for my personal use if I just happen to be a very connected individual (for example, for over 3 exclusively personal devices).

I am an outlier, sure, but being a programmer myself I always try to even take outliers into account. Has spotify?
Community Manager
Meredith

Hi thebeline - The problem here is you're trying to use Spotify on more than three devices. This device limit is in place to ensure accounts aren't shared and artists are compensated fairly. 

Currently you've got two Androids and a Mac computer registered. Since you're not using one of those Androids let's clear those so you can start over. How does that sound?

--------
Looking for tunes?

Gig Goer
mrlarkin2007

I am trying to log into my account on 2 different devices and while they are both logged in. It only lets one of them have the premium abilities. On the second device it only lets me listen to the radio and tells me im not a premium member. Please help so I can enjoy on both devices.
Peter
Kudos: 12,390
Solutions: 3,401
I'm a Community Rock Star

mrlarkin2007 wrote:
I am trying to log into my account on 2 different devices and while they are both logged in. It only lets one of them have the premium abilities. On the second device it only lets me listen to the radio and tells me im not a premium member. Please help so I can enjoy on both devices.

It sounds like your second device isn't recognising your subscription.

Try logging out on that device, fully restarting the device and then logging in again using the same details as your other device. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Fan
HansBurbank

Hi,

How do I remove Spotify from one of my devices when I have a premium account? I'm doing this because I have a new IPAD and I have reached the quota of 3 devices. Is it as simple as erasing the Spotify App on my old IPAD.

Thanks,

Allen

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.