Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Suddenly, when I attempt to change song order on playlist on newest iPad, Spotify crashes

Suddenly, when I attempt to change song order on playlist on newest iPad, Spotify crashes

I just sent this today:

Hello Mr Stal,

First, let me say that I love(d) Spotify.

Second, let me say that I have been plagued by a major problem with Spotify and have been unable to get any sort of response or help from your employees.

Being able to change the order of my playlists is important to me. I won't go I to why: it just is. I know how to edit a playlist and had been doing so for months, without incident.

Then, about a month ago, something changed. Every time I hit "edit" and went to move a song (for example) from the middle of the playlist to the top, suddenly Spotify would shut down and I would find myself staring at my iPad desktop. No way to move a song, except by loading it as a new song, where it would then end up at the bottom of the playlist and sometimes that was closer than the top or the middle to where I wanted.

My ipad is the very latest model and I don't have a problem with it crashing using any other app or program.

I am extremely frustrated by this screw up - music is very important to me - and the order of my music is very important to me. Now I have NO control over this! except on occasion I can move a song. It 's either moving it up or down that actually works about 1 time out of at least 15. I really don't feel like going into Spotify now to recreate the problem. It's 1:30AM here and I just don't feel like getting my anger and frustration adrenalin pumping.

Please get back to me as soon as possible. I know you care about your customers satisfaction and I don't want to start disseminating bad feedback about Spotify. However, I'm a transplanted New Yorker and I'm not shy about sharing when I feel I'm being ignored or jerked

I know Spotify is a well-run organization and understands why it's important to respond to (multiple) customer requests for help, when none has been offered. Plus, I want the problem fixed!

Thank you very much for your attention.

Judy Woodruff
9 Replies

Duplicate issue of:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/App-stops-responding-after-3-searche...
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

THAT'S YOUR ANSWER? To critique my godamn writing style? What kind of a sadistic **bleep** are you?

Obviously, I'm very upset by this Spotify screw up and I'm desperately looking for answers from a company that I give my money to on a regular basis. Or failing that, from an actual human being who is empathetic enough to understand and......oh, cr*p. You're not even worth the time.

I was very excited when I saw some one had replied to my post - very happy and excited.

Can someone please give me some help or give me the names and email addresses (or phone numbers) of people at Spotify that can help. And please, I've been to the Spotify help page. There's no information that helps me and there is no real way to contact anyone at Spotify that will actually answer.

Thanks so much for any help anyone can give me.

Oh, and if you followed the link that you included - ya know, where my silly problem had already been addressed - if you were able to read the question and responses ( although I'm sure moving your lips while doing so can be quite tiring) -you would know that the question was asked regarding an issue not identical to mine, but similar, and NOT answered.

Reinstalling Spotify didn't work for me as a solution, nor do it work for the questioner and question you referenced.

Once again, can someone - not this guy please don't ever answer anything I ask ever again - please please and please help me with this very upsetting problem?

Thank you so much in advance.

Hey Judy, sorry about the misunderstanding. If you click on @jeremygoh 's name and look at some of his other posts, you'll see that his sig contains that comment - it wasn't aimed at you personally 🙂

I'm no iOS expert but there have been other issues relating to track lists on iPad recently which were fixed by reinstalling. As this didn't work for you. could you please get in touch with the support team here and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

Hey Judy, the forum signature isn't personally targeted to you - it has been there ever since I joined. I've just tagged this issue as a duplicate issue so that if any engineers are on the case, they will be able to gather responses together.

I'll recommend what @Joe has said about contacting Spotify support directly as this issue is quite technical.

Disclaimer: I'm not a Spotify employee.
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Joe,

Thank you for your response. I have contacted the Spotify team (twice) and heard nothing back. I even wrote that email,to the CFO, which I merely cut, pasted (before editing it) here because I was so sick of explaining the problem and getting no help at all from Spotify and finding my own attempts to be useless in making a positive change.

I'll go through the channels again and hope for some kind of response- maybe one that works. Thanks again for your very decent reply.

Regarding sigs or whatever they are called here: from what I can tell everyone chooses their own. Yours references your love of beer;)

Mr. Personailty's sig, now that I see that that's what it is, is still condescending and pretentious. I doubt many people have been grateful to be reminded that the rest of the community has a "life", implying or outright stating that the recipient of the message either doesn't have a life or is such a narcissist they don't get it that other people besides themselves have other things to do then read over long posts.

Again thank you. One question - do you know if anyone has lost all of their play lists when uninstalling and then installing? I didn't but I felt like I might have just dodged a bullet.

Hi Judy,

Playlists and the contents of Your Music are stored on the servers so the only time they get "misplaced" is when people log back in with the wrong credentials. Unfortunately, it's far too easy to log in with a username or email address in error. So don't worry, your playlists are in good hands 🙂

Do watch out for the automated email they usually generate on receiving the contact form - it normally gets sent pretty quickly so please check your junk/spam folders if you haven't received it in within a couple of hours. Once you have that email, it's important to reply to it to make sure your case gets into the queue. I know it sounds silly but that's the way it is.

(wrong reply, kindly remove this.)

I'm here to shuffle!

Thank you so much! I was getting antsy about not getting a reply and I forgot to check my spam folder. Thank you.

AND, in other news, I uninstalled and re-installed . As you predicted, all songs were there - I just had to download them all again.

But, it didn't fix the problem. Still try to move; still crashes.

Thanks again and may all your beer music , as well as your ale and lager tunes, be bright.

Suggested posts