Help - iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, iPod classic)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
codygard
Accepted Solution

Syncing Local FIles

I'm wanting to sync some of my local files to my iPhone but I do not want to sync all of them because I do not have that much free space on my iPhone. Does anyone know if there's a way to select what local files you want to sync without syncing all of them? Thank you.

Anthony
Kudos: 1,337
Solutions: 234
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: Syncing Local FIles

Hi, and welcome to the community!

There should be:

1) Connect iPhone to same wifi as computer

2) On the computer, drag and drop the local files you want to be synced into a playlist of your choice

3) Sync that playlist to your phone.

Anthony :)

This post was by Anthony! I do not work for Spotify! If this solved your issue - mark it as a solution! Do you agree with/like my post? Please add a Kudo!

Spotify Community profile: Anthony | So feel free to PM me! Here
| Twitter profile: anthonyb256 |

Music Lover
codygard

Thanks AnthonyB!

That was so easy and obvious I'm embarrassed I didn't figure it out on my own. Thank you for your help though!

Cody

Music Fan
zebulonjoad

Hi!

Something weird is going on. I made a playlist out of the local files on my desktop app.  I then set Offline to "ON". My computer is connected to the same wifi network that my iPhone is. The playlist shows up on my iPhone app, but it won't let me play it: it tells me I need to sync with my local computer, then instructs me to do all the steps I've already done. I've tried turning both playlists to "ON" for Offline, then just one, then the other. Nothing changes. When the iPhone playlist is set to "ON", it does say "0 of 12 tracks synced" but makes no progress toward syncing them. What's going wrong? Thanks!

Peter
Kudos: 11,983
Solutions: 3,284
I'm a Community Rock Star

zebulonjoad wrote:

Hi!

Something weird is going on. I made a playlist out of the local files on my desktop app.  I then set Offline to "ON". My computer is connected to the same wifi network that my iPhone is. The playlist shows up on my iPhone app, but it won't let me play it: it tells me I need to sync with my local computer, then instructs me to do all the steps I've already done. I've tried turning both playlists to "ON" for Offline, then just one, then the other. Nothing changes. When the iPhone playlist is set to "ON", it does say "0 of 12 tracks synced" but makes no progress toward syncing them. What's going wrong? Thanks!

Is your iPhone showing up under "Devices" on the left hand side of your desktop client? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Concert Regular
mirlenia

Hello!

After upgrading my iphone app to version 0.7.1.23 I can't sync my playlist!!! When I go to the computer app try to click on the playlist to mark the checkbox, the check is not turning on...it quickly change the setting to sync all music to this device when it was set to manually choose playlist! I tried everything on this forum....like re-installing, log out from both app and restarting my phone.

I'm sure is the app, 'cause as soon as it was upgraded the ISSUE!

Is this iphone app version having issues, right????? I tried to install a previous version from the app store that says Spotify for ios 4 and that one works....better...but...i can't use it cause the only option that works is for syncing all my music and not the manually ones....

PLEASE, HELP I CAN'T BREATHE!! :(

Music Lover
Hoarymass

Okay, I have a variant of this problem. Following the instructions for syncing local tracks, I set to local plan on my laptop, put the ipad on the same wifi and viola it started to sync...and then stopped after 14 files (out of 118). Why? The files were all acquired in the same manner (via itunes) so I can't figure out why the sync stopped. Has anyone seen this behavior before? And, if so, how do fix it. It isn't a space issue. I've checked on all the devices.
Music Lover
Hoarymass

a PS to my previous post, my iphone synced 31/118; while the ipad sync 14/118 - say what?
Music Lover
mik35s

Hello, I'm also having the same problem

Just wondering if anybody could shed some light on this issue

I'm running windows with my android and previously I use to be able to plug this to my computer and sync all my local files onto the android. Now doesn’t seem to even pick when my device is connected. I've read the blogs, tried running as admin, logged out on both, even though wifi but it doesn’t pick up my local files

Please if someone could help me overcome this problem would be much appreciated

Mike

Concert VIP
Bella-Puella

I can not synchronize all of my local files to my android phone after updating to the latest version of the app. All Local files are mp3 format so I have no clue way some are synchronized while others aren't? I've tried deleting the cache and redownloading everything without any luck. Any suggestions out there? 

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.