Help - iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, iPod classic)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Spotify Legend
Jude

Re: Syncing your Local Files

When you first connect an iPod the default setting is "Sync all music to this ipod". That will attempt to sync all imported local files, unless you change the setting. You can end up with a load of playlists that have only one or two tracks on. I don't find that particularly useful myself.

Reconnect the ipod, and choose "Manually choose playliststo sync":

2012-03-30_1156.png

Once you choose a playlist or two you should be OK when you disconnect.

Music Fan
tigerbeat

is there any way to manage songs individually though?  say there's part of a playlist i'd like to take off the ipod - in itunes, i'd be able to select those tracks and delete them but that doesn't seem possible in spotify.  instead the only option seems to be delete all files off your ipod, fix the playlist, then re-sync.

this is a major issue since before you click 'manually choose playlists', it will begin automatically syncing resulting in several songs being imported before the manual option can be clicked.  i'm using an ipod shuffle, btw, if that makes any difference.

on a sidenote, is there any way to import spotify playlists into itunes?  i'm not trying to steal music, but a lot of my spotify playlists have local files from music i've bought and it'd be a pain to drag and drop 500 songs into a new playlist in itunes that already exists in spotify.  thanks for any help!

Music Lover
Jess_Jess2014

Hey, iam having the same exact problem, have you figured out how to fix it? it soo please help me out. this is very frustrating.

Spotify Legend
Jude

>> say there's part of a playlist i'd like to take off the ipod - in itunes, i'd be able to select those tracks and delete

It is possible to remove tracks individually. You could make a copy of the playlist, and remove the tracks you don't want. Then, when connected, deselect the first playlist and select the copy.

>> this is a major issue since before you click 'manually choose playlists', it will begin automatically syncing resulting in several songs being imported before the manual option can be clicked.

It does do that, but if you change to the other option, and start selecting individual playlists, everything else is desynced. You can check in your ipod to see that it only contains the tracks that are featured on your synced playlists.

Music Lover
Jess_Jess2014

Only syncing my local files:(

Help me please, it doesnt sync any of my new music on here... only the mp3 rocket music... which i dont want... hellppp

Music Fan
rcernech

You have said this in a round about way, but can you confirm the following so I am clear:

You can NOT put files (music) from the Spotify network onto your iPod or any other device that does not have the Spotify application.  For this purpose, the Spotify application serves only as another way to put your local (non-Spotify) files onto your device(s)  (i.e. iPod).  

Is this correct?

Thank you for your time.

Music Fan
Johemo

Doesn't work too well for me. I put em into a certain playlist and synced the playlist. Turned out that not even every third was synced? So I have a red exclamation mark at the greater part of the list. I tried to sync and unsync it a few times, turn of the app and so on. The weird part is that the same playlist is working perfectly fine on my sisters iPod (same model and everything)...

Got any ideas?

Music Fan
CTMoffett

Each time I try to sync Spotify to my iPod, it tells me I need to restore my iPod.  When I do that, then it tells me I need to set up my iPod in iTunes.  So then I do that, only to be told once more by spotify that my iPod needs to be restored.  It's a repeating cycle. What gives?

Concert Regular
Bspot62

I'm thinking about dumping this service and it has only been one day into my free 30 day trial. 

I wanted to play Spotify on my mobile device. So I signed up. I had been using the service for free for months. I figured that it would be easy, but it isn't!  First of all, my Data plan got usurped the first  day I tried to use it. I think, (really don't know) if I can synch library tunes that I don't have locally. If so, I now need to buy a 32GB micro SD card. I have T-mobile with 5G unlimited. After 5G, the throttling kicks in and I can't listen because it stops mid track and who can keep stopping the car to fiddle with it, trying to make it play? To get the premium data plan unlimited - $67 PER LINE! per month. Uh, really? So then I tried to synch my iPod Classic. Net effect: No more videos (but I was aware that would happen) and NO-THING from the Spotify library. Just fewer local files than I had before! I'M PISSED! Not all my tracks are supported  because they were bought from iTunes store.

I don't know... I was happier  being interrupted by the commercials. I don't think I want to spend even more money on this. Too bad! I am very disappointed and will not be re-newing.

Concert Regular
Bspot62

OK I finally figured it out... I left Spotify in Online mode on my android and was downloading my playlists over 3G. Duh. I have much better success with downloading playlists while using the house WiFi. It's just new to me. Maybe I'm not going to cancel afterall.

I just wonder how much memory it uses to store cached songs. Time to look at the help files again.

Announcements

Beta test Spotify for iOS
Hi there.
Would you like a chance to beta test upcoming versions of Spotify for iOS? If the answer is a resounding "yes!" then please click here to read more.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.