Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The new App is almost perfect!

The new App is almost perfect!

The new Spotify App looks great and with the new function Your Music the App is almost perfect.  Only there are a few thing missing in the app.

1. HOLD a song to pop-up the menu for adding a song to que. Now you have to touch the icon one the right of a song. But it's very small and when you don't touch it right it will play the song directly. It's very annoying. And it masses up your que!

2. It would be great to get a category: Offline-  Albums and Playlists

3. There is no 3!

10 Replies

really? for me, it drains my battery like hell, removes my local cover art, lags like a b-tch...seems like everyone else is having those problems too

The new app is almost perfect. Except the fact that it DOESN'T WORK.

Should it really take 30 seconds for it to acknowledge a button press. And forget about the home screen updating. 

We deserve a free month for being your pre-alpha testers.

Not agreed from my side.
The new version is far from perfect.
It adds a flashy UI, but it cuts much more on useful and quick functionality.

@GvLisdonk wrote:

The new Spotify App looks great and with the new function Your Music the App is almost perfect.  Only there are a few thing missing in the app.

1. HOLD a song to pop-up the menu for adding a song to que. Now you have to touch the icon one the right of a song. But it's very small and when you don't touch it right it will play the song directly. It's very annoying. And it masses up your que!

2. It would be great to get a category: Offline-  Albums and Playlists

3. There is no 3!

I know we're in the minority here, but I also like the new app and "Your Music" option.  In most cases, people are more likely to come to message board to complain instead of compliment - -so I trust there are more people out there that do like the new app.  

That said, it's not perfect and improvements can be made.  Constructive criticism is good.  

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I always wondered who was giving the 5 Star reviews on AppStore.  Stop it!

Hahaha......nice one @R55Clubman download.jpg

Yea, and what about being able to hide the insanely big shuffle button I don't use? But of course after fixing the insane lags.

There's an idea here but it doesn't seem to have many votes 😞

Nice, thanks! Didn't see that, just voted 🙂

Wait a sec there. I'm getting absolutely no lag and it hasn't affected my battery life at all. I've been using the new app constantly since the upgrade.

Only issues I've encountered are with local album art and occasional connectivity issues between iPhone and iPad when using spotify connect over wifi.

I suspect the experience might differ on different devices. Everything's pretty decent on iPhone 5S. I tried the app on a family member's iPhone 5 which did lag a little bit but not enough to disrupt the experience. I havn't tried the new version on my old iPhone 4 or 3G. I expect it'll lag because everything lags on those old devices.

Suggested posts