Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tracks jumps to the next song, all time, on my iphone app

Tracks jumps to the next song, all time, on my iphone app

Hello there,

Since last friday, I'm experiencing a recurring problem: when I play a Spotify playlist on my iPhone the tracks stops after the first seconds of a song and jumps to the next one, which jumps to next one and to the next one and so on, non stoppping. 

I've already uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify on my iPhone, but it doesn't fixed the problem.

Any idea what I should do?

6 Replies

This problem could be occuring because you are low in storage on your iPhone. Check to see how much storage you have remaining on your phone by going to Settings > General > Usage.

@ferzinhapb You should also try to check your connection, usually flaky connection causes this problem, you should check your firewall too.

Do you face this problem using cellular data / 3g/4g?
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Hello Jeremy,

thanks for your help.

It's a 3G connection that normally works quite well. Today, in the morning, I had the same problem while I was running and listening to a off-line playlist (what I always do). The problem started after some 30 minutes and even after I had stopped the music, it keept doing strange noises and playing small parts of the tracks. It's really bizarre. 😕

hi @Bistany22, 

actually, I have 10Go free ! (lol)

Hey @ferzinhapb ,

If your issue is still persisting, it might be worth it to contact Spotify directly and see if they can help by filling out this form: https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact&_ga=1.228032413.1076023...

You should receive an automated email response. Reply to it with your issue (even if it says no-reply) and a Spotify employee should get in contact with you.

As an absolute last resort, you can back up your phone on iTunes or iCloud, and then restore it as a new device in iTunes (which will delete everything on your phone). Then, reinstall everything onto your phone using your backup. Starting from a blank slate should probably eliminate whatever hardware or software problem that is causing your issue. This would be super annoying to have to do unfortunately 😞

I hope you solve your issue!

thank you so much, @vyxl 

I'll contact them.

Suggested posts