Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tracks not available

Tracks not available

I have a premium account and using iOS (iPhone, iPad) as well as OS X. Some of the tracks are available for streaming and some are not (i.e. Marcus Miller, PinkFloyd). They are in gray on iOS devices with a popup 'Track Unavailable You can still start radio station based on this artist' while trying to play. Any ideas?

Best,

S.

7 Replies

Welcome to the Community! Are these Marcus Miller and Pink Floyd tracks your local files at all?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

No, they are not my local files. Those are tracks found in Spotify search. Thank you for your prompt reply S.

Hello.

It seems that some albums are appearing that aren't actually playable in the Spotify catalogue, even after Hide Unplayable Tracks turned on. We're looking into this and hopefully this should be remedied in the next update of the iOS application.
Airhorn Enthusiast

I'm not really convinced if that's right diagnosis due to the fact that a friend of mine checked same albums at the same time and they were available without any problems. The only difference is that I have a US account and his is UK

Sfronc - David should be right here. The Spotify catalogue differs between countries, so you and your friend will have different songs available. The ones that you can't play will be the ones available in different territories.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Adding in some clarification here:

Some music labels only release to certain countries while blocking the release from the rest.

It's all about who owns the rights to the music and where they want it released to.

Music would be better if labels didn't block their releases from certain countries, but sadly this is how the music business works.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi I'd like to second this, for example two weeks ago all of 'The Maine's music was available to play for me on my device, but suddenly last week some songs in certain albums were greyed out while others work. 

Suggested posts