Help - iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, iPod classic)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Concert Regular
Cheko

Turn off spotify connect?

Hi, I'd like to know how to turn off spotify connect, it is not a function I like to have turn on automatically when it detects other devices in the network.
Many thanks
Peter
Kudos: 12,371
Solutions: 3,392
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: Turn off spotify connect?

The short answer currently is you can't.

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Fan
Blinder

Help!! Spotify Connect doesnt seem to be working? How do I turn it on? I am trying to listen to music between my Ipad and Iphone on a BOSE docker

Cheers

Peter

Are you following the steps here?

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Spotify-Connect

Peter

Music Fan
Eggbert

The problem is that now my wife and I cant listen to different music at the same time...
Peter

You shouldn't have been able to do that before Spotify Connect either. Spotify only offers single user accounts, so you can only ever stream on one device at a time on each account.

Peter

Concert Regular
Cheko

thanks Peter, is there a plan from Spotify to make us decide whether or not we want it?

this funtion doesn't work for me, now my active devices are constantly connecting, which i think is not battery friendly. and if i have to go offline then that defies the porpuse of having online library.

thanks

Music Lover
Clarky78

How do I stop Connect it's driving me nuts!

I use an Ipad and stream spotify to AppleTV, BUT suddenly it's started also playing the music on my (Android Galaxy Note 3) phone at the same time, and it's sending me mad! I don't want my darn phone playing music, why on earth would anyone want this pointless function? I can send music out my phone woop! WTF is the point of that?! It's dumb rubbish and I want it gone or Spotify is going. I have force closed spotfiy on my phone, reset my phone, the only way to stop the darn sync is to turn off all data connections.. I was out the other day, and I could control the music my wife was playing at home via the Ipad! WHY WOULD I WANT TO DO THIS!!??

How do I get rid of it?

Peter

Re: How do I stop Connect it's driving me nuts!

There is currently no way to disable Spotify Connect I'm afraid to say. However it should only start playback on another device if you explicitly select it to. Is this not the case for you?

Peter

Music Lover
Clarky78

Re: How do I stop Connect it's driving me nuts!

No. I have repeatedly tried disconnecting both devices. If i select music on the iPad, the phone automatically starts playing. If I pause music on phone all stops. If I select phone as output source instead of iPad, music goes to the phone. If I select only iPad it still keeps playing on the phone, no sound of course. It's mental. I hate it with a passion. It's always on, I never connect it. It's clearly Spotify way of trying to stop people using 1 account with several devices. Only way I see it is to keep turning phone into offline mode all the time.
Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.