Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Update for iPhone 5?

Solved!

Update for iPhone 5?

Being as the iPhone 5 is running a much taller screen, what kind of timezone are we looking at for a Spotify update that will enable us to utilise that extra space?

Currently I still feel like I'm using my 4s ๐Ÿ˜ž

Scott

77 Replies

"Soon" means a lot of different things to a lot of different people. I hear soon and I think the next week or two. Others hear soon and think by the end of the year. I don't mean to sound stand-offish, but soon means nothing except for the fact that you're working on it. "Soon" is not an ETA.

Is there a reason you guys are so afraid of giving a ballpark estimate? Even something as vague as "November or December"? The app is causing a lot of paying customers a lot of problems, and I think its reasonable to expect a rough guestimate. Or at the very least tie us along with information about the product.

i can only hope this new service will create a little urgency around here:

http://www.spin.com/articles/apple-online-music-streaming-service-pandora-spotify

I totally understand your frustration. I'm the same right now. I have premium and its November 1st and still nada. Shame on you spotify!

Nice, not long till I can cancel Spotify then. It's pointless paying for a service which is out of date and with no promise of an update.

This is really getting absolutely ridiculous ๐Ÿ˜ž

Maybe we'll get an update prior to the iPhone 6 release...

The CEO of Spotify has an iPhone 5, but doesn't prioritize an iPhone 5 update... I don't understand that. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Another week passed, no update yet. And no information on the update, other than "soon".

Come on, Spotify. Even the boring, rarely-updated business apps I have support the iPhone 5 screen now.

This company is full of lulz.

They harvest our $9.99 and laugh at us.

Marked as solution

IT'S HERE! ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„

Marked as solution

@MusicMadPaul wrote:

IT'S HERE! ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„

^^this. Enjoy guys.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

YES!!! Thank you developers!

Can someone post screenshots how that look on iPhone 5?

I am happy to see this but I still don't understand what took so long

Hpguru it looks exactly the same no changes

iPhone 5 Spotify

That's a lot of underuntilised space

Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

This empty space should be used in some way like in a Android app.

While this is something many of us had been waiting for it's doesn't really have any major changes to the GUI but maybe they did some bug fixes. That's the only explanation I keep giving to myself as for why they took so long. Ill be back to report if I find a glitch

I can't open the app after updating. Tried to restard my phone, to no avail.

Do I have to reinstall the app and re-download all the playlists I want offline? Bleh.

any trick to seeing the update?  i killed spotify and also app store and relaunched without seeing any new update.

** seems like the fix that allowed me to login using the spotify id number no longer works...the same fix that allowed me stay offline and stream without reconnecting **

I get a Login Failed Error: 404 

Yay, they updated the app and added another .25 inches to the visual appearance... oh wait.... it's a music app, who cares, it's locked in my pocket and I have headphones on...

Did they add EQ? Nope.  My home walkman from 1988 had a bass boost, my Sony discman from 1996 had a bass boost, my 2012 iPhone 5 mini all in one dual core 1.4ghz processor that's faster than PCs of 2005 can't get a Digital Sound Processing update in over a year of feature request.  Sad.  Can i get a 3 band eq?  I mean 5 would be crappy, but I'd take it, 10 band would be amazing... but hell, i'd live with 3 for now.

Spotify is a "music" entertainment company, allow us to select the presentation of the music.  Give us choices, options.  Give us innovation, give us things that the other competitors don't have to offer.  The best music quality, and options available.

Honestly, "radio" is subpar to Pandora/slacker.  If I want a Emo/Punk station, I can't create it.  I can listen to "emo" or "punk" but not both.  Slacker wins. 

The only thing that you offer over some of the top competitors is a 320kbps stream.  Which is nice, but I'm not sure if its THAT much better than the 192 offered by slacker. 

Focus on the music.  Give us an EQ.

Suggested posts