Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS 8 Support?

Solved!

iOS 8 Support?

Updated to ios 8 today and Spotify crashes every time when trying to open. I have the latest version of Spotify as well. I have also reset my phone on top of deleting and reinstalling the app. Just wanted to put this up to get the issue noticed.

141 Replies

Got the same problem since yesterday after updating spotify and iOS to the newest version. This is very annoying to me since im solely using spotify for music and no longer use the normal iPhone Music App.

Please fix this as soon as possible 😞

Im using an iPhone 5S

I am having a similar issue. I updated my iphone 5c to the latest ios8 and spotify update on Saturday (9/27/14) and have not been able to open the app since. It simply freezes on the startup/logo screen then closes itself in about a minute. Deleting the app and reinstalling and restarting my phone didn't work. What do I do to fix it or is it a spotify ios8 compatibility issue? Please fix soon 😞

After updating Iphone 5S to 8.0.2 spotify won't launch please help!

This is happening to me too. I am about to cancel my account with spotify since its been this way for a week.

Same here. I am going to delete my account since its been this way for a week.

I'am having the same problem. Spotify crashes permanently. Can not use it anymore?!?! What to hell happened?

I have the app on my iPhone and when I click i see the spotify logo but then the app crashes. I've deleted and reinstalled the app multiple times but it keeps happening.

I have had the same problem. I have also deleted and reinstalled the app and the problem has not been solved. I am using an iPhone 4

Mine too!

Hi there,

Since the update to IOS 8.0.1 (and later 8.0.2) spotify stopped working.

As a premium member this pretty muchs sucks cause i pay but can use the program.

Please let me know how to fix this, or when i can download the update from spotify that does work!

thanks

kind regards

Sander

since upgrading iphone 4s to os x 8 spotify crashes on opening 

The app won't started.
Restarted phone and same problem

My app continues to crash when I'm listening to my saved songs playlist. Without fail, once I skip about 6 songs using shuffle, the app closes. How do I fix this?

Ever since I updates my phone to the new iOS 8 update, the app keeps crashing before it opens. I tried reinstalling it and I tried restarting my iPhone. This was my only music app and  I want it back. 

Marked as solution

Hey guys!

Version 1.8 of the Spotify iOS app has just been released. Please post back if you are still having problems

Thanks for your patience while the developers worked on an update.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

Updated the app today, but I still have the same problem. Everytime I try to launch it crashes. Tried to re-install but nothing happend.

I like that they closed the thread for this problem, assuming it was fixed.

Same problem here still after the spotify 1.8 update this morning.

The issue is something in iOS 8.0.2, worked fine in 8.0.

App opens then crashes after 20 seconds. I can sign into spotify using my wife's phone which she hasn't updated to 8.0.2 yet.

Ever since I downloaded the ios8 update for my iPhone 5 I have been unable to access my account as the app keeps crashing on start up. The ios8.2 update as well as the spotify app update have since been released, but to no avail.
I am a premium account holder and would like some advice on how to rectify the problem. I've reinstalled the app on numerous occasions and it still crashes

Chris Parkes

Hello there!

Welcome at the Spotify Community!

You're not the only one which has problems with Spotify for iOS (8). I assume this is because iOS 8 just got released (I mean, 17th of September, right?). 

Spotify will probably fix this crash in upcoming update(s).

If not, you could also join the iOS category at the community, and if that doesn't help you, you could also get in touch with the customer service team of Spotify.

App has been crashing constantly for a week now.

I have deleted & reinstalled, updated the software & updated to iOS8 but the Spotify App will opens for a few seconds then crashes and closes.

Please let us know that there is a fix on the way for this.

Thanks

M

Suggested posts