Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't let music go onto playlist's in my ipod

Won't let music go onto playlist's in my ipod

Okay so basically what is happening, is i have two albums i have made in spotify, With around 20 songs each,It can find my ipod, but when i click on the albums under my ipod touch name, they kind of go to a greyish color and they pop up and say "Only local files synced" I would love to find out how to actually have these on my ipod under my spotify app, Without having to wait days and days to have it sync all of my "Local Files" ( i have over 5000)

Thanks!

36 Replies

Do you have a premium membership?

I have the same problem. I have the 30 day Premium trial. The trial required my credit card, which will get charged after the 30 days is up. So why can't I put music on my ipod...like the website promises? 

Do I suddenly get access to music-on-my-ipod after the 30 days is up? 

It'd be really nice to be able to listen to my music while I jog. Pulling out my touchscreen phone, everytime I want to skip to the next song or turn up the volume, sucks.

Hey!

I've just checked your account, and you should be up and running with Premium just fine.

I tend to find it easier to sync tracks by doing it directly on the iOS device. Ensure you are connected to your Wi-Fi, and then open up Spotify. Enter the playlists you wish to sync, and then turn on the "Available Offline" switch at the top of the playlist. This should start to sync the tracks from the Spotify catalogue onto your device.

Airhorn Enthusiast

My iOS device is an iPod shuffle...it doesn't have a touchscreen, which makes it waaaay easier to workout with. 

I'm trying to add my "Starred" list to my iPod shuffle. The list IS set to "Available Offline" ...but none of the songs will sync to my device. I still get the message "Only local files synced," when trying to add this playlist in Spotify through my computer.

I see - The iPod Shuffle can only sync local files through Spotify. Tracks from the Spotify catalogue can only be played through the Spotify application. The Spotify application can be installed on iPod Touch, iPad and iPhone devices.
Airhorn Enthusiast

How do I get regular spotify songs in my playlists onto my ipod nano, or android tablet?

Hello, i have a new up to date ipod nano.  I have a premium account.  And I get the same "only local songs will be synced".  The files are available off line but it still only syncs the ones I have locally. 

Ideas?

Hi danieljsimms & cbk - The iPod Touch is the only iPod device that can sync offline playlists.

The iPod nano, shuffle and classic cannot support the Spotify app that is required. However, you can sync your local files to your iPod via Spotify. Have a look at the second section on this FAQ page for more info. 

For supported devices such as Androids and iPhones, full syncing instructions can be found right here

I have a spotify but logged in with Facebook and my music can't sum

I have a spotify but logged in with Facebook and my music can't simply download to my iPod touch

Hi Djmoonwalker - In order to keep using Spotify on your mobile devices a Premium subscription is needed. Currently you're using our free service. 

You can make that upgrade instantly via your subscription page. This site here helps explain each of our subscriptions by comparing your three options side-by-side.

HI, I just signed up for the premium trial so I could try listening to things on my ipod. I have an Ipod touch, but no wifi, and an Ipod classic. If I read this thread correctly, I can not sync songs from the spotify catalog to the Ipod classic. I also do not seem to be able to sync to the ipod touch without wifi - I thought I'd be able to sync through the USB cable. Am I missing something? Thank you!

Well... That reply just about sums up my use for Spotify.  Until Spotify and Apple figure this little bit of technical blasphemy out... I'll be cancelling my Premium Membership after my 30-Day Trial is complete.  What is the point of using Spotify if I cannot take it wherever I go.  I don't want to haul around my phone and drain the battery all day long just to listen to music.  The phone serves many purposes, but I am not working out with a 5 inch phone in my pocket.  Sorry folks.  Spotify.  You rule, but this is a deal breaker.

You wrote the most recent reply on this thread. I'm a bit confused. Just to back track...are you saying because I finally updated my iPod and have the most current OS, I won't be able to sync my playlists from Spotify to my iPod because there is an issue between Apple and Spotify? I've been trying to sync my iPod Touch and was only able to sync the songs that I've purchased and are on my iTunes even though I have a Premium account. This is a bit odd and I really am not liking this. What is the point of having a premium account again? 

Help? Anybody? Any thoughts?

@IMB021 wrote:

You wrote the most recent reply on this thread. I'm a bit confused. Just to back track...are you saying because I finally updated my iPod and have the most current OS, I won't be able to sync my playlists from Spotify to my iPod because there is an issue between Apple and Spotify? I've been trying to sync my iPod Touch and was only able to sync the songs that I've purchased and are on my iTunes even though I have a Premium account. This is a bit odd and I really am not liking this. What is the point of having a premium account again? 

Help? Anybody? Any thoughts?

Do you have the Spotify app installed on your iPod Touch? 

It will give you full access to your Spotify playlists and music streaming, just like in the desktop version. 

The iPods that you can only sync local files to are the classic/nano/shuffle as they don't support the Spotify app.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, as I mentioned, I am using the iPod Touch. I even recently updated the software on my iPod and re-installed Spotify and still no luck. Works fine on my phone though (HTC Sensation), but I want to use my iPod Touch to stream music so that I can conserve my phone's battery.

Totally agree, as it's the only reason I moved to Spotify Premium to begin with.  Unfair and deceptive acts and practices?  I'm not carrying a phone into the gym, either. 

Get your act together, spotify.

I just lost all of the music on my ipod that was suppose to have been backed up!! How in the world do I find it?

I have a similar problem. I tried to sync playlists onto my ipod. I hooked it up to my computer. Clicked sync ipod with spotify. Clicked backup,erase,and sync. I chose the palylists to sync to my ipod, but almost all of my playlist have a caption on the bottom that says only local files synced. I don't know what to do. Please help me. I have to mkae a playlist for my mom's baby shower before this sunday 4/14/2013

Suggested posts