Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
Jid7803

Won't let music go onto playlist's in my ipod

Okay so basically what is happening, is i have two albums i have made in spotify, With around 20 songs each,It can find my ipod, but when i click on the albums under my ipod touch name, they kind of go to a greyish color and they pop up and say "Only local files synced" I would love to find out how to actually have these on my ipod under my spotify app, Without having to wait days and days to have it sync all of my "Local Files" ( i have over 5000)

Thanks!

tjb
Garage Band
tjb

Re: Won't let music go onto playlist's in my ipod

Do you have a premium membership?
Music Lover
jessiesebastian

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem. I have the 30 day Premium trial. The trial required my credit card, which will get charged after the 30 days is up. So why can't I put music on my ipod...like the website promises? 

Do I suddenly get access to music-on-my-ipod after the 30 days is up? 

It'd be really nice to be able to listen to my music while I jog. Pulling out my touchscreen phone, everytime I want to skip to the next song or turn up the volume, sucks.

Spotify
David
For your Spotifyes only
Name:
Department:
About me:

Hey!

I've just checked your account, and you should be up and running with Premium just fine.

I tend to find it easier to sync tracks by doing it directly on the iOS device. Ensure you are connected to your Wi-Fi, and then open up Spotify. Enter the playlists you wish to sync, and then turn on the "Available Offline" switch at the top of the playlist. This should start to sync the tracks from the Spotify catalogue onto your device.

-----
Spotify
Music Lover
jessiesebastian

[ Edited ]

My iOS device is an iPod shuffle...it doesn't have a touchscreen, which makes it waaaay easier to workout with. 

I'm trying to add my "Starred" list to my iPod shuffle. The list IS set to "Available Offline" ...but none of the songs will sync to my device. I still get the message "Only local files synced," when trying to add this playlist in Spotify through my computer.

Spotify
David
For your Spotifyes only
Name:
Department:
About me:

I see - The iPod Shuffle can only sync local files through Spotify. Tracks from the Spotify catalogue can only be played through the Spotify application. The Spotify application can be installed on iPod Touch, iPad and iPhone devices.
-----
Spotify
cbk
Music Fan
cbk

How do I get regular spotify songs in my playlists onto my ipod nano, or android tablet?

Music Fan
danieljsimms

Hello, i have a new up to date ipod nano.  I have a premium account.  And I get the same "only local songs will be synced".  The files are available off line but it still only syncs the ones I have locally. 

Ideas?

Community Manager
Meredith
For your Spotifyes only
Name:
Department:
About me:

[ Edited ]

Hi danieljsimms & cbk - The iPod Touch is the only iPod device that can sync offline playlists.

The iPod nano, shuffle and classic cannot support the Spotify app that is required. However, you can sync your local files to your iPod via Spotify. Have a look at the second section on this FAQ page for more info. 

For supported devices such as Androids and iPhones, full syncing instructions can be found right here

--------

Looking for tunes?

What I've been listening to

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Music Lover
Djmoonwalker

I have a spotify but logged in with Facebook and my music can't sum
Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.