Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Missing top genres

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone 13pro max Operating SystemiOS 15.3 My Question or IssueMy top genres on the search page seemed to have disappeared and will not come back and I’m not sure why and what to do. Can anyone help me out? Thank you!

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone 13pro max  Operating System iOS 15.3   My Question or Issue My top genres on the search page seemed to have disappeared and will not come...
  • Dylanlebel
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

recently played artists and playlist don’t show up on the mobile app

Why does “recently played” whether it be artist or playlistit not show up on the app like it does on the desktop, like it used to before the most recent app update. I have deleted, restarted, cleared cache. Still nothing.

• Casual Listener
  • Why does “recently played” whether it be artist or playlistit not show up on the app like it does on the desktop, like it used to before the most recent app update. I have deleted, restarted, cleared...
  • bdinator
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution spotify is not working on the ipad 2

Please fix the problem with that spotify is not working on the ipad 2, otherwise you will lose many customers on such ignorance of their customers.

• Regular
  • Please fix the problem with that spotify is not working on the ipad 2, otherwise you will lose many customers on such ignorance of their customers.
  • Primoris
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Automatic log in when I download Spotify

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceiPhone IssueWhen I download Spotify on a device in my iCloud, and open the app, it is automatically logged into my Spotify account, without me having to input my email and password. I do not have Spotify linked to my iCloud or...

• Plan Free Country USA Device iPhone   Issue When I download Spotify on a device in my iCloud, and open the app, it is automatically logged into my Spotify account, without me having to i...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Streaming

PlanPremiumCountryAustriaDevice(iPhone XR)Operating System(iOS 16) My Question or IssueMusic I have downloaded won't work when I'm offline. Any of you had or has this problem?

• Plan Premium Country Austria Device (iPhone XR) Operating System (iOS 16)   My Question or Issue Music I have downloaded won't work when I'm offline. Any of you had or has this problem...
  • MateusM
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Playlist

PlanPremiumCountrySanta AnaDeviceiPhone 12Operating SystemiOS 16 My Question or IssueI made a playlist on my pc and added all the songs to it, but when I went to mobile, none of the songs are in the playlist.

• Plan Premium Country Santa Ana Device iPhone 12 Operating System iOS 16   My Question or Issue I made a playlist on my pc and added all the songs to it, but when I went to mobile, none...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Will he get notified if i am logged in without pressing play?

Hey there,So my partner has logged into his spotify account on my phone recently while also being logged in on his own phone.I can still see what he is listening to through my device as his account is still logged in on my phone.I just wanted to know...

• Hey there, So my partner has logged into his spotify account on my phone recently while also being logged in on his own phone. I can still see what he is listening to through my device as his accou...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music stops and starts playing by its self

Recently the Spotify app on my iPhone 6+ has developed a mind of its own to the point that it's basically unusable. It's constantly stopping, starting or skipping songs by its self. When it does this it plays the 3 tones it plays when you press the p...

• Recently the Spotify app on my iPhone 6+ has developed a mind of its own to the point that it's basically unusable. It's constantly stopping, starting or skipping songs by its self. When it does this...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Now Playing not syncing when playing from Next in Queue

Now Playing not syncing when playing from Next in Queue, and Next in Queue not syncing between devices. Now Playing does appear to work when playing from Next From and Next From does appear to sync when songs change, but Now Playing from Next in Queu...

• Visitor
  • Now Playing not syncing when playing from Next in Queue, and Next in Queue not syncing between devices. Now Playing does appear to work when playing from Next From and Next From does appear to sync w...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Restore Recursive "Play" button for Playlist Folders on mobile

The user experience with Spotify on mobile was just greatly reduced. Removing the ability to shuffle-play through a whole hierarchy in a Playist Folder was a key benefit. That's exactly how I used to consume my own MP3s before Spotify, and Spotify ca...

• The user experience with Spotify on mobile was just greatly reduced.   Removing the ability to shuffle-play through a whole hierarchy in a Playist Folder was a key benefit. That's exactly how ...
  • roberttrs999
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Android
    iOS
    Mobile
  • 5 replies
  • 10 likes

Cannot like songs

PlanPremium StudentUSA DeviceiPhone 13 Max ProOperating SystemiOS 16 My Question or IssueI use to be able to Like songs but now it only lets me Add to Playlist and I can't add any songs to my liked playlist. Is there something I need to change to fix...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Student USA   Device iPhone 13 Max Pro Operating System iOS 16   My Question or Issue I use to be able to Like songs but now it only lets me Add to Playlist and I can...
  • jasonbeyers
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Since last update in sep 2022 my spotify does'nt work anymore

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution 滑开背景播放闪退

每当我点开专辑封面想要添加喜欢或者改变顺序播放时就会闪退PlanPremiumCountry菲律宾Device(iPhone 12 )Operating System(iOS 15) My Question or Issue点开底下一栏就会闪退,今早还更新至最新版本,依旧未解决

• Regular
  • 每当我点开专辑封面想要添加喜欢或者改变顺序播放时就会闪退 Plan Premium Country 菲律宾 Device (iPhone 12 ) Operating System (iOS 15)   My Question or Issue 点开底下一栏就会闪退,今早还更新至最新版本,依旧未解决  
  • Lyubka
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Playback Stopped

The playback on device stops whenever you reopen the app. The playback bar doesn’t show when you get back into the app to restart the music. None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try ...

• Casual Listener
  • The playback on device stops whenever you reopen the app. The playback bar doesn’t show when you get back into the app to restart the music.    None of the below information is required...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Recommended songs won’t play

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone 7 Plus)Operating System(iOS 13.5.1) My Issuemy recommended playlist does not work and it’s empty when I click to the song, it’s highlighted and it’s shown to be played but does not play when I click and Does not wor...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device (iPhone 7 Plus) Operating System (iOS 13.5.1)   My Issue my recommended playlist does not work and it’s empty when I click to the song, it’s highlighted...
  • Bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Visitor
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • recommended
    song won’t play
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] Podcasts queued from New Episodes won’t play

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 12 ProOperating SystemiOS 16.0 My Question or IssuePodcasts added to queue from New Episodes list won’t start playing (stay at 0:00, even if paused/unpaused). Songs added to queue play fine, and podcasts will play if...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 12 Pro Operating System iOS 16.0   My Question or Issue Podcasts added to queue from New Episodes list won’t start playing (stay at 0:00, even if...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Play-Fi Speaker Group - Lose audio on one speaker

PlanFree/PremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone 11.4Operating SystemIOS My Question or IssueI use the Klipsch Three speakers. Since a Spotify app update one of my two speakers randomly stops playing audio even thought it remains connected to my WiFi. If I sw...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country  USA Device iPhone 11.4 Operating System IOS   My Question or Issue I use the Klipsch Three speakers. Since a Spotify app update one of my two speakers r...
  • Benben3
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Problem with Spotify connect on iOS 16 not keeping up with music played on Echo

I often play music with my echo dot and controlling via iPhone through connect.The problem started on my iPhone 14 pro.When Spotify is in the background or the screen is locked, the app gets stuck on one song after it ends. It shows the pause button ...

• Casual Listener
  • I often play music with my echo dot and controlling via iPhone through connect. The problem started on my iPhone 14 pro. When Spotify is in the background or the screen is locked, the app gets stuc...
  • Vasil
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution No Download to Apple Watch Button anymore

Premium, United States, iPhone 12 Pro Max ios16.0.2, iWatch SE watch os9.0My Question:After updating the system. There is no Download to Apple Watch button on my iPhone anymore. It used to have this button before I update it.I tried to delete the Spo...

• Premium, United States, iPhone 12 Pro Max ios16.0.2, iWatch SE watch os9.0 My Question: After updating the system. There is no Download to Apple Watch button on my iPhone anymore. It...
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes