Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect iphone > Onkyo connects ánd plays, but no sound

UPDATE It took some time, but it IS working now Really hope that Spotify has found a longterm solution and hooefully it is nit just a councidence or short revival PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceIphone SE 2020Operating SystemiOs latest My Question...

• Regular
  • UPDATE   It took some time, but it IS working now😃 Really hope that Spotify has found a longterm solution and hooefully it is nit just a councidence or short revival 😌   Plan Premium...
  • NXY
  • Casual Listener
  • 38 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 38 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Where can i find the number of songs in my playlists?

Since the latest Spotify iOS update i can no longer find the number of songs in each of my playlists. (See the attached image)The number of songs is gone. PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceiPhone XS MaxOperating SystemiOS 12,2 My Question or Issue

4BFA4D6B-EA93-4DB4-AB92-B020A46C1E34.jpeg
  • Gig Goer
  • Since the latest Spotify iOS update i can no longer find the number of songs in each of my playlists. (See the attached image) The number of songs is gone. 😞   Plan Premium Country ...
  • FF31416
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Track stops playing after a few seconds

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueSpotify track stops playing after a few seconds into the song and to play the song again, i h...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Spotify...
  • OscarDC
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Tracks stops playing
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution My playlists are broken - playlist not playing properly

Plan: PremiumCountry: USA Device: All devices Operating System: All OS My Question or Issue I deleted some older playlists and downloaded songs and created a couple of new playlists. Here is the issue that started happening after I did the above as o...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country:  USA   Device: All devices  Operating System: All OS   My Question or Issue   I deleted some older playlists and downloaded songs and created a...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Not playing when offline

PlanPremiumCountryCZDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 15.6 My Question or IssueI cannot play downloaded songs when offline. When i tap the play button, it changes to pause button, but nothing happened - app reports, that playback is in progress, but ...

• Plan Premium Country CZ Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 15.6   My Question or Issue I cannot play downloaded songs when offline. When i tap the play button, it changes to pause bu...
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Swipe to queue on an artists page has unexpected behavior

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceiPhone 12Operating SystemiOS 15.6 My Question or IssueThis issue has happened to me for almost a year, through multiple re-installs of the app. In the video I've attached, I'm swiping my finger directly right-to-...

• Plan Premium Country United States   Device iPhone 12 Operating System iOS 15.6   My Question or Issue This issue has happened to me for almost a year, through multiple re-instal...
  • jrham
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Devices Icons meaning

Hi, In the "Devices Available" section for spotify connect. What do the different icons mean?Not looking for a generic answer. Need to know what they actually represent. There are some obvoius ones like PC and iPad, but specifically the speaker icon ...

spotify connect.png
  • Hi,   In the "Devices Available" section for spotify connect. What do the different icons mean? Not looking for a generic answer. Need to know what they actually represent.   There are...
  • michael13248
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution downloaded songs show as not downloaded

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 11Operating System(iOS 15.6 My Question or Issuei was downloading around 6 songs and when it got done half of them played while the other half said its not downloaded even though it had the green arrow indicating tha...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 11 Operating System (iOS 15.6   My Question or Issue i was downloading around 6 songs and when it got done half of them played while the ...
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution YENİ GÜNCELLEME TURKISH

DELİRMEK ÜZEREYİM. Herhangi bir şarkı çalıyorum bi albüm dinlemek istiyorum albümü açıyorum şarkıya basıyorum çalma sırası diye saçma sapan bir şey var sürekli ordaki şarkılara geçiyor indirmediğim dinlemediğim albümde olmayan şarkıları çalıyor bir ş...

• DELİRMEK ÜZEREYİM. Herhangi bir şarkı çalıyorum bi albüm dinlemek istiyorum albümü açıyorum şarkıya basıyorum çalma sırası diye saçma sapan bir şey var sürekli ordaki şarkılara geçiyor indirmediğim d...
  • elifelcan
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Equalizer won’t work until changed every time the app starts

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone 8 PlusOperating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or IssueThe equalizer won’t start having effect until I go to the app’s configurations and change something in the equalizer, only then it will start working. This happens every time ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Device iPhone 8 Plus Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue The equalizer won’t start having effect until I go to the app’s configurations and change something in ...
  • WillR79
  • Visitor
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes
  • bug
    Equalizer
    iOS
    iphone
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Remove songs from playlists

I try to remove a song from my playlists using the "remove song from playlist" option but the song just reappears. I have Spotify premium (the duo) and my playlists are downloaded to my devices. I live in the United States. It occurs on my iPhone 12 ...

• Casual Listener
  • I try to remove a song from my playlists using the "remove song from playlist" option but the song just reappears. I have Spotify premium (the duo) and my playlists are downloaded to my devices. I li...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify connect keeps jumping to next song and doesn't play anything

Spotify connect stopped working on my internet radio from Numan (Numan ONE). When starting to play on my mobile phone it simply jumps to the next song without playing anything on the device. It keeps on jumping as often I press play on the phone. I t...

• Casual Listener
  •   Spotify connect stopped working on my internet radio from Numan (Numan ONE). When starting to play on my mobile phone it simply jumps to the next song without playing anything on the device. ...
  • tiedeman
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify connect on wifi
    Spotify connectivity
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify on iMac not showing my Yamaha Soundbar

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceiMacOperating SystemOC Monterey 12.4 I have changed Broadband supplier and swapped the cables from old hub to new hub. My TV works through the soundbar and Spotify used to work too. Now, the Soundbar does not show up in Spo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK   Device iMac Operating System OC Monterey 12.4   I have changed Broadband supplier and swapped the cables from old hub to new hub. My TV works throug...
  • UltimateTrumps
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files will not sync to my iPhone SE

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device(iPhone SE, MacBook Pro 2020)Operating System(iOS 10, MacOS Big Sur) My Question or IssueI just uploaded a ton of new local files to my laptop and they work great. Despite this, not only are they not downloading to my phon...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device (iPhone SE, MacBook Pro 2020) Operating System (iOS 10, MacOS Big Sur)   My Question or Issue I just uploaded a ton of new local files to my lap...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution beta test

I have been in the beta program for quite a time. But now I am kicked out because Spotify seems to have ended my beta test.Why? And what annoyed me even more is that I had to uninstall Spotify Beta, install Spotify from the store, and need to downloa...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been in the beta program for quite a time. But now I am kicked out because Spotify seems to have ended my beta test. Why?   And what annoyed me even more is that I had to uninstall S...
  • AbsolutsWeedss
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Campaign ads are displayed on premium plans during the paid payment period.

I subscribe to the Japanese spotify service. I am subscribed to a paid premium plan. The free period has already ended and I am paying for the service. There are no ads between songs, but very rarely ads are shown when the IOS app is launched. Was th...

B4AA0D8F-365E-44CE-A857-ACFA1C71738E.jpeg
  • Music Fan
  •   I subscribe to the Japanese spotify service. I am subscribed to a paid premium plan. The free period has already ended and I am paying for the service. There are no ads between songs, but ver...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Premium accounts
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Group Session- Permalink?

Is there a way to make a permalink for my spotify group session? The link seems to change every time I end and start a new group session. I want to print out a QR code or spotify code for my group session and put it in my car so that my friends can p...

• Is there a way to make a permalink for my spotify group session? The link seems to change every time I end and start a new group session. I want to print out a QR code or spotify code for my group se...
  • pms
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Any way to revert to the old Spotify UI (IOS)?

PlanPremium Operating SystemiOS My Question or Issue Is there any way I can restore the Spotify IOS app to the old/previous UI? The new/current UI makes navigating the library unnecessarily difficult, and the old version was much better for both musi...

• Plan Premium   Operating System iOS   My Question or Issue   Is there any way I can restore the Spotify IOS app to the old/previous UI? The new/current UI makes navigating the ...
  • idig-dyedhair
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution Playback issues since last update: iOS

PlanPremiumCountryCanada DeviceiPhone 7 PlusOperating SystemiOS 15.4.1My Question or Issue Since last update of Spotify version 8.7.21.1728 , playback of liked- historically liked- songs will stop playing and won’t play at all (different from the alr...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Canada   Device iPhone 7 Plus Operating System iOS 15.4.1 My Question or Issue   Since last update of Spotify version 8.7.21.1728 , playback of liked...
  • Eni
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes