Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! Wont stop shuffling music

I already emailed them but wanted to get community feedback if anyone else had a similar problem. I have Premium.I search for say Foo Fighters.I make sure to type in the full band name and hit search.Instead of selecting the band at the top i select ...

• Casual Listener
  • I already emailed them but wanted to get community feedback if anyone else had a similar problem. I have Premium. I search for say Foo Fighters. I make sure to type in the full band name and hit se...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My Spotify plays through my FaceTime calls even when off

.PlanPremiumCountryUsa DeviceiPhone XROperating System(iOS 15 My Question or IssueWhen I am on a FaceTime call, if I was listening to music at any point that day the music will play over the call. The other person can’t hear the music, and I can’t he...

• Visitor
  • . Plan Premium Country Usa  Device iPhone XR Operating System (iOS 15   My Question or Issue When I am on a FaceTime call, if I was listening to music at any point that day the m...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iOS Application wont play songs in playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 12 Pro MaxOperating System(iOS 15.5) My Question or IssueWhen I create a radio station from a song, I am not able to play any of the songs from the playlist. When I tap on them, I see a "Not Playing" status...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 12 Pro Max Operating System (iOS 15.5)   My Question or Issue When I create a radio station from a song, I am not able to play any of t...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iOS App - Pause on bluetooth headphones not working

Device iPhone 13Operating System iOS 15.5, Hi, I've got Poly Backbeat 3150 bluetooth headphones. I have the most irritating problem with the Spotify iOS (iPhone 13) app. The button on the headphones works fine to start playing, but it does not work t...

• Regular
  • Device iPhone 13 Operating System iOS 15.5,   Hi, I've got Poly Backbeat 3150 bluetooth headphones. I have the most irritating problem with the Spotify iOS (iPhone 13) app. The butt...
  • OscarDC
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 6

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHello there. I need help I’ve got IPhone 6 and I can’t download Spotify app. It’s saying I sh...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Hello...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Device Broadcast Status on iPad

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDeviceiPad (6th generation)Operating SystemiPadOS 14.3 I'm using Spotify both on my Android phone and my iPad, and i have enabled the Device Broadcast Status on my Android so it can be shown on my Discord status. I have upd...

• Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device iPad (6th generation) Operating System iPadOS 14.3   I'm using Spotify both on my Android phone and my iPad, and i have enabled the Device Broadcas...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Other
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Car mode for cyclists

hi!bike commuter here - when I’m riding my phone is mounted on the handlebars and I want to be able to have the simplified controls that pop up when connected to a car. basically the very big control buttons and a big heart.. I want to be able to qui...

• hi! bike commuter here - when I’m riding my phone is mounted on the handlebars and I want to be able to have the simplified controls that pop up when connected to a car.  basically the very bi...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Home page not loading

Everytime I load the app the home page doesn’t show anything, just a blank screen with the settings, notifications and history on. It loads on everything else I have like my iPad, laptop etc.

• Regular
  • Everytime I load the app the home page doesn’t show anything, just a blank screen with the settings, notifications and history on. It loads on everything else I have like my iPad, laptop etc.
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Other] Can’t exit the queue screen after clicking the queue on the iPad app

After checking the queue on the ipad app, there’s no way to exit the screen. The only way is to close the app completely open again. App version is 8.7.30.1342

• Visitor
  • After checking the queue on the ipad app, there’s no way to exit the screen. The only way is to close the app completely open again.  App version is 8.7.30.1342
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify podcasts keep stopping on my phone

PlanFreeCountryUnited KingdomDevice(iPhone X)Operating System(iOS 15.5) My Question or IssueI mainly listen to podcasts while driving to work and back and recently they've just seemed to stop working. They'll play for about 10-15 seconds then stop fo...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country United Kingdom Device (iPhone X) Operating System (iOS 15.5)   My Question or Issue I mainly listen to podcasts while driving to work and back and recently they've ju...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Podcasts
    Query
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My published playlist does not show up when others search for it

HelloI made public one of my playlists about a month ago. It shows up on my iPad and on my desktop Windows PC and my iPhone as being public. The playlist has a unique name; when someone does a search for that exact name, the search results come back ...

• Music Fan
  • Hello I made public one of my playlists about a month ago. It shows up on my iPad and on my desktop Windows PC and my iPhone as being public. The playlist has a unique name; when someone does a s...
  • dandv
  • Music Fan
  • 20 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Can’t reorder playlists iOS 15.5

PlanPremium FamilyCountry USA DeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS 15.5 My Question or IssueI can’t change the order of songs in my unsorted playlists using my iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 15.5. The desktop app, however, works fine. I have a family premi...

• Roadie
  •   Plan Premium Family Country USA   Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 15.5   My Question or Issue I can’t change the order of songs in my unsorted playlists using my...
  • OscarDC
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App crash after selecting four „not interested“

PlanPremiumCountryDE DeviceiPhone 13 Pro MaxOperating SystemiOS 15.5Spotify version8.7.40.1558 My Question or IssueWhen I select „not interested on this playlist“ four times, app is crashing. Reinstall and log out / login didn’t help. It always crash...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country DE   Device iPhone 13 Pro Max Operating System iOS 15.5 Spotify version 8.7.40.1558   My Question or Issue When I select „not interested on this playlist“ ...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution The music/podcast keep pausing

PlanPremiumCountryIsrael DeviceiPhone 8Operating Systemios 10My Question or IssueThe music/podcast keep pausing and the button doesn’t change then after a while it starts again for a few seconds and pauses again, and so on. It doesn’t matter if I’m w...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Israel  Device iPhone 8 Operating System ios 10 My Question or Issue The music/podcast keep pausing and the button doesn’t change then after a while it starts...
  • carmendot
  • Music Fan
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to browse playlists in Car

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceIphone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS 15.5 My Question or IssueHello, I am unable to view playlists on the car. Whilst I does show the selected track that's playing, the only way I can view playlists is to use the phone which is ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Iphone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 15.5   My Question or Issue Hello,   I am unable to view playlists on the car. Whilst I does show the selected ...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why does the cover art for my local files load on pc but not on my phone?

This has never been an issue until a few days ago, when I downloaded a few songs to local file into spotify. The songs looked like they were working fine but when I added them to my playlist and downloaded them onto my phone, they had no cover art, d...

• This has never been an issue until a few days ago, when I downloaded a few songs to local file into spotify. The songs looked like they were working fine but when I added them to my playlist and down...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Play on Spotify button is missing on Instagram story

Hello, Apparently this was a common issue which was solved before, but I’m still having problems. When I try to share a song on Instagram, only the album cover appears. The link of the song and “Play on Spotify” button at the top is not seen. Can you...

• Hello,   Apparently this was a common issue which was solved before, but I’m still having problems. When I try to share a song on Instagram, only the album cover appears. The link of the song ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Seeing iPhone on Spotify list of devices

Recently upgraded to iPhone 13. Spotify app works fine on the phone however Alexa does not show up on the iPhone Spotify device list so I cannot play Spotify from my phone onto my Alexa speaker. What are my doing wrong? The Alexa showed up on my old ...

list.jpg
  • Recently upgraded to iPhone 13. Spotify app works fine on the phone however Alexa does not show up on the iPhone Spotify device list so I cannot play Spotify from my phone onto my Alexa speaker.&nbsp...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Carplay only works with Cellular Data on

Plan PremiumCountryUSDevice(iPhone X)Operating System(iOS 15.5) My Question or IssueSpotify no longer works with the Apple Carplay. It will not play when plugged in with cable. When not using Carplay and going through Bluetooth option it will show Sp...

• Plan  Premium Country US Device (iPhone X) Operating System (iOS 15.5)   My Question or Issue Spotify no longer works with the Apple Carplay. It will not play when plugged in with...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes