Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Liked Songs glitches out after update 8.7.32.1667

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceiPhone SE and iPad Air 2 Operating SystemiOS 10My Question or IssueOriginally, the glitch was happening only on my phone where every time I tapped into my "liked songs" playlist, it kicked me out of the app. My iPad and laptop...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country USA Device iPhone SE and iPad Air 2   Operating System iOS 10 My Question or Issue Originally, the glitch was happening only on my phone where every time I tapped int...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

didn't even pay for anything but I still get scammed

PlanFreeCountry DeviceSamsung Note 8Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI get the app on my Samsung, I find my favorite artist, I pick the specific song but a completely different one plays? If what I hear about having to get premium is corre...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country   Device Samsung Note 8 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I get the app on my Samsung, I find my favorite artist, I pick the specific song ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Samsung
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to shuffle songs in playlists on mobile device - autoplays specific genre - iOS 15.5

Recently encountered issues when playing music from my mobile device. I would select a playlist, for example: Rockabilly music, and then wanted to play music from a Heavy Metal playlist. I would put the Heavy Metal playlist in the queue. It would pla...

• Regular
  • Recently encountered issues when playing music from my mobile device. I would select a playlist, for example: Rockabilly music, and then wanted to play music from a Heavy Metal playlist. I would put ...
  • Leggie
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Just logged out - now can't find my profile!!!

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice(iPhone 13)Operating System(iOS 15.5) My Question or IssueI can logon to the desktop and I have my profile, playlists and followers. But after logging off my mobile device, and logging back in with user name and passwor...

• Regular
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA Device (iPhone 13) Operating System (iOS 15.5)   My Question or Issue I can logon to the desktop and I have my profile, playlists and followers. But after...
  • Leggie
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iPhone Settings does not include Local Files

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceiPhone 6Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) I have mp3 files on the local Downloads folder on my iPhone. I would like to play these with Spotify. When i search for how to do this, all the answers say ...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device iPhone 6 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   I have mp3 files on the local Downloads folder on my iPhone. I would lik...
  • Yordan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Album artwork not showing on .m4a files

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceiPhone 11 Pro MaxOperating SystemiOS 14.8 My Question or IssueI managed to sync my local files from my PC to my phone but I noticed that .m4a files are missing their artwork. It shows normally on the PC and all other ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device iPhone 11 Pro Max Operating System iOS 14.8   My Question or Issue I managed to sync my local files from my PC to my phone but I noticed that .m4a...
  • Kiril
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Anyone on an iPhone use Spotify rather than Apple Music? if so why ?

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceiPhone 10Operating SystemiOS 10My Question or IssueI have switched over to Spotify.. Spotify connect 99% or the reason .. as I’ve mentioned in some replies, the fact apple haven’t figured out handoff for Apple Music is insane ...

• Regular
  •   Plan Free Country USA Device iPhone 10 Operating System iOS 10 My Question or Issue I have switched over to Spotify.. Spotify connect 99% or the reason .. as I’ve mentioned in some r...
  • jrham
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone 10
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify prevents voice prompts from navigation apps like Apple Maps and Google Maps

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone SE (2nd Generation)Operating SystemiOS 14.6 My Question or IssueI notice that whenever I am playing music from Spotify (Bluetooth), it prevents Apple Maps and Google Maps from issuing voice prompts whenever...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone SE (2nd Generation) Operating System iOS 14.6   My Question or Issue I notice that whenever I am playing music from Spotify (Bluetooth)...
  • Eni
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs playing outside of list

I have created a customized playlist. Recently, there are random songs that play outside of my list. They are songs that I have never played before and are unknown to me. They just start playing automatically. Why is this happening and how can I get ...

• Regular
  • I have created a customized playlist. Recently, there are random songs that play outside of my list. They are songs that I have never played before and are unknown to me. They just start playing auto...
  • Leggie
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Heavy Rotation is not updating

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone XOperating SystemISO 12 My Heavy Rotation hasn’t updated in months. It’s full of artists and playl...

• Casual Listener
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone X Operating System ISO 12 &nbsp...
  • Muskat
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Blocking a specific ad

Plan - FreeCountry - USADevice - iPhone XSOperating System - iOS 15.4.1 My Question or IssueThere is a specific snickers ad that keeps popping up every time ads come on. It has audio play in 1 ear and also has the sound of someone slurping at one poi...

• Plan - Free Country - USA Device - iPhone XS Operating System - iOS 15.4.1   My Question or Issue There is a specific snickers ad that keeps popping up every time ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution can’t reinstall the Spotify app

PlanPremium CountryNetherlands DeviceiPad (8th generation) Operating SystemiOS 15.0.2 My Question or IssueI had temporarily deleted the Spotify app and I haven’t been able to download it again for over a week now… please help me !! cannot take it any...

• Casual Listener
  •     Plan Premium   Country Netherlands    Device iPad (8th generation)   Operating System iOS 15.0.2   My Question or Issue I had temporarily deleted...
  • AndresM
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Problem: Spotify stops playing when I minimise the app on my iPhone

Ever since some recent update, I noticed an annoying problem: whenever I minimise spotify (i.e. exit the app to use something else), the music will stop playing. If I open the app again, it will resume playing. If I kill the app and start it again, t...

• Ever since some recent update, I noticed an annoying problem: whenever I minimise spotify (i.e. exit the app to use something else), the music will stop playing. If I open the app again, it will resu...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant log in through gmail

PlanFreeCountryIndonesia Device(iPhone 7 Plus)Operating System(iOS 14.5) Hi, I can’t log in to my account from gmail on my phone. Please help, thank you.

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Indonesia   Device (iPhone 7 Plus) Operating System (iOS 14.5)   Hi, I can’t log in to my account from gmail on my phone. Please help, thank you.  
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Please Add a Toggle for Podcast Videos

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 15 My Question or IssueI enjoy listening to podcasts, and one of the podcasts I listen to has videos that go along with the episodes. This is generally fine, as I can just listen to the...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 15   My Question or Issue I enjoy listening to podcasts, and one of the podcasts I listen to has videos that go ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Locking up after switching back to it from another app

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceiPhone 13 Pro MaxOperating SystemiOS 15.5 My Question or IssueWhen I am listening to the Joe Rogan podcast and I click on a notification on my phone which brings me to another app, the podcast continues playing as it should. B...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Free Country USA Device iPhone 13 Pro Max Operating System iOS 15.5   My Question or Issue When I am listening to the Joe Rogan podcast and I click on a notification on my...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Safari won't load webplayer

PlanFree DeviceipodOperating SystemiOS 12.5.5, Safari 12 Safari on my ipod won't load webplayer. The help menu says you need Safari 11. I have Safari 12. There aren't any restrictions that would restrict access

• Visitor
  • Plan Free   Device ipod Operating System iOS 12.5.5, Safari 12   Safari on my ipod won't load webplayer. The help menu says you need Safari 11. I have Safari 12. There aren't any re...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify displays 'connecting message' on 4G

Info:PlanStudent SubscriptionCountry AustraliaDeviceIphone 6 plusOperating System(iOS 10 the most up to date version) My Question or Issue ok, ive had this problem for about 2 months now and i have contacted bth spotify and my provider (optus) and th...

• Info: Plan Student Subscription Country  Australia Device Iphone 6 plus Operating System (iOS 10 the most up to date version)   My Question or Issue  ok, ive had this proble...
  • kaox2d
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Re download app

I removed the app from my iPhone to try to solve a different problem and now I can’t get the app to show on the phone screen. I can only access my Spotify app in the App Store. Any ideas?

• Visitor
  • I removed the app from my iPhone to try to solve a different problem and now I can’t get the app to show on the phone screen. I can only access my Spotify app in the App Store. Any ideas?
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't sync my local files.

PlanPremiumCountryEstoniaDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have a playlist of local files and even though I have it downloaded on both my computer and iPhone and I have enabled local files on both of the devices as well, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Estonia Device iPhone 8 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have a playlist of local files and even though I have it downloaded on both my compute...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes