Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast stops playing and then plays new episode

Plan - PremiumCountry - CanadaDevice - iPhone 11 Pro Max Podcast randomly stops playing and then starts a new episode. When I go back to the episode I was listening to before it does not remember where I left off and starts from the beginning. I am u...

• Plan - Premium Country - Canada Device - iPhone 11 Pro Max   Podcast randomly stops playing and then starts a new episode. When I go back to the episode I was listening to before it doe...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Video/podcast time stamp issue - Rogan

Every time I either close my app or go out and browse other apps and then come back to view/listen, the podcast starts 20 before the actual time stamp. Said differently, it rewinds and never starts where I was listening/watching. I’ve reinstalled the...

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I either close my app or go out and browse other apps and then come back to view/listen, the podcast starts 20 before the actual time stamp. Said differently, it rewinds and never starts w...
  • AndresM
  • Spotify
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution App keeps returning to top of playlist

PlanPremiumCountryPhilippinesDeviceiPad 6Operating SystemiOS 13 My Question or IssueI play a song on my playlist that contains several hundred songs. I switch to a different app with the song still playing. I switch back to spotify to choose a new so...

• Plan Premium Country Philippines Device iPad 6 Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue I play a song on my playlist that contains several hundred songs. I switch to a different ...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution One Podcast won’t play!

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.A DeviceiPhone 13 ProOperating System(iOS 15.4.1) Hello, I’ve been having an issue with a specific podcast on Spotify that won’t play on my phone. All other podcasts and songs play on my phone but one of my podcasts will only pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country U.S.A   Device iPhone 13 Pro Operating System (iOS 15.4.1)   Hello, I’ve been having an issue with a specific podcast on Spotify that won’t play on my phone. ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution an abnormal cyan border on lyrics

i keep getting this cyan colored border on lyrics tab its irritating PlanPremiumCountryindiaDevice(iPhone 11)Operating System(iOS 15.4.2) My Question or Issuehow to remove this border

• i keep getting this cyan colored border  on lyrics tab its irritating  Plan Premium Country india Device (iPhone 11) Operating System (iOS 15.4.2)   My Question or Issue how...
  • CarlosE
  • 32 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 32 replies
  • 42 likes

Accepting family token

Message says oops problem try again later or I'm part of another family plan which I am not

• Message says oops problem try again later or I'm part of another family plan which I am not
  • 1753115E
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Freezing

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 12 pro maxOperating SystemiOS 15.4.1 My Question or IssueWhen I’m playing a podcast and leave the Spotify app, go to a different app, and return to Spotify, Spotify freezes. I have to close Spotify and reopen it for ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 12 pro max Operating System iOS 15.4.1   My Question or Issue When I’m playing a podcast and leave the Spotify app, go to a different app, and re...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Track Continues to Play Despite Rewinding to the Very Start

Plan: PremiumCountry: United KingdomDevice: iPhone XR (Apple AirPods Generation 2)Operating System: IOS 15.4.1So for about a week now, the song I am currently listening to just carries on playing when I swipe down (and use the phone’s built-in music ...

042FA3F4-364F-40F0-956A-F969E701A412.jpeg
  • Music Fan
  •   Plan: Premium Country: United Kingdom Device: iPhone XR (Apple AirPods Generation 2) Operating System: IOS 15.4.1 So for about a week now, the song I am currently listening to ju...
  • AndresM
  • Spotify
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spamming skip is broken

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 12Operating SystemiOS 15.4.1My Question or IssueWhen spamming the skip button for a short time, a song plays with a incorrect title, and cover photo. You cant skip or rewind or pause for about 10 seconds. A...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 12 Operating System iOS 15.4.1 My Question or Issue When spamming the skip button for a short time, a song plays with a incorrect title, and ...
  • AndresM
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple Car Play, Only some artists listed.

I will post all of my technical info below. But my first big ask to the tech support team is to please read my issue before responding. A little pretext first.1. Many people have this issue, there are multiple posts about this and in each post multip...

• Casual Listener
  • I will post all of my technical info below. But my first big ask to the tech support team is to please read my issue before responding. A little pretext first. 1. Many people have this issue, ther...
  • Lorenzo_NGG
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Issues Syncing Local Files Between Devices

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone X, Samsung Galaxy Tab S4, Lenovo LaptopOperating SystemiOS 13.1 Beta, Android OneUI, Windows 10 Pro My Question or IssueWhen attemping to download songs from Local Files on my computer on my phone or tablet...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone X, Samsung Galaxy Tab S4, Lenovo Laptop Operating System iOS 13.1 Beta, Android OneUI, Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue When attem...
  • jnspir3d
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • local files
    syncing issue
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Difficult to Edit Playlists

Spotify has made it difficult to edit playlists when you are on your mobile application. You used to be able to edit the playlist and the song you were playing was highlighted in green. You can no longer see the song you are playing so you have to re...

• Spotify has made it difficult to edit playlists when you are on your mobile application.   You used to be able to edit the playlist and the song you were playing was highlighted in green. You ...
  • Kiril
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Delete Activity
    delete songs
    edit
    search song
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution iPhone Podcast Bug or Feature?

PlanPremium CountryUSA DeviceiPhone 13S Operating SystemiOS 15.4.1 My Question or IssueWhen I am listening to podcasts I have to press play on them twice as it immediately pauses after the first press. It does this with earbuds, AirPods, and on speak...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country USA   Device iPhone 13S   Operating System iOS 15.4.1   My Question or Issue When I am listening to podcasts I have to press play on them twice...
  • Kiril
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files Sync

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 13 Pro, PCOperating SystemiOS 15.3.1, Windows 10 My Local files are refusing to sync. I've tried almost every possible method and nothing has worked. Problems started when I got my iPhone 13 but with my iPhone XR whil...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 13 Pro, PC Operating System iOS 15.3.1, Windows 10   My Local files are refusing to sync. I've tried almost every possible method and nothi...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files sync
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Disable podcast video to save data

PlanFreeCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone 11Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI downloaded Spotify this month to listen to Joe Rogan. Emphasis on listen. I don’t see an option to disable the accompanying video. This...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Canada Device iPhone 11 Operating System   (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I downloaded Spotify this month to listen to Joe ...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple TV playback pauses for few seconds when "up next" appears

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDeviceApple TV (4K 1st generation A1842)Operating SystemtvOS 15.1.1Spotify app version1.28.3 My Question or IssueWhen listening a song on Apple TV's Spotify app the playback pauses for about 1-3 seconds when "Up Next" informa...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Finland Device Apple TV (4K 1st generation A1842) Operating System tvOS 15.1.1 Spotify app version 1.28.3   My Question or Issue When listening a song on Apple T...
  • Vasil
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to open link

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 12 My Question or Issuerecently I’ve been trying to open this link of this merger playlist I made myself. (It wasn’t directly made in Spotify but on a playlist merger website) I’ve opened many links for pla...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 12   My Question or Issue recently I’ve been trying to open this link of this merger playlist I made myself. (It wasn’t directly made in ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution While driving and using Spotify, my Apple Carplay display turns to black

PlanPremiumCountryThe NetherlandsDeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS 14.5.1 (but have had the same issue also with previous versions)Spotify version8.6.30.968 (but have had the same issue also with previous versions) My Question or IssueRunning Sp...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country The Netherlands Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 14.5.1 (but have had the same issue also with previous versions) Spotify version 8.6.30.968 (but have had ...
  • AndresM
  • Spotify
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

searching my songs

I am on the premium plan in America on iOS. Whenever I try and search my library for a song, nothing comes up. I just went into my library and search for five different songs that I already have and it doesn’t show anything. How do I search for a son...

• Visitor
  • I am on the premium plan in America on iOS. Whenever I try and search my library for a song, nothing comes up. I just went into my library and search for five different songs that I already have and ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Release Radar not updating

The Release Radar playlist did not update. The date indicates that it did, however the songs from the previous week are still there. I tried to close the app. I tried deleting the app and re-installing. Nothing is working. Any other suggestions?

• The Release Radar playlist did not update. The date indicates that it did, however the songs from the previous week are still there. I tried to close the app. I tried deleting the app and re-installi...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes