Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! Unable to select specific songs in Liked Songs when "theme" is selected

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceGoogle Pixel 3aOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueWhen in "Liked Songs" with a theme selected (i.e. from the options above the songs list) I can no longer select specific tracks to play. Some work, some don't - seem...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Google Pixel 3a Operating System Android   My Question or Issue When in "Liked Songs" with a theme selected (i.e. from the options above the songs list) ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won’t play to Alexa speaker group

PlanPremium CountryUS DeviceIPhone12 Operating SystemiOS - current My Question or IssueI have 4 Echo devices which I’ve never been able to get to fully work with Spotify. Recently I told each one of them “connect to Spotify” and now I can see them in...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   Country US   Device IPhone12   Operating System iOS - current   My Question or Issue I have 4 Echo devices which I’ve never been able to get to fully w...
  • Boson12
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Shuffle iOS default

Big big win for music today.. It seems like after many people told spotify that having random as the default album playing mode was disgusting, it took Adèle telling them to make them change this awful "feature". https://edition.cnn.com/2021/11/21/en...

• Music Fan
  • Big big win for music today..   It seems like after many people told spotify that having random as the default album playing mode was disgusting, it took Adèle telling them to make them change...
  • Sonastra
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Local Files appearing on iPhone but not playing

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 13.3.1 My Question or IssueI am an avid user of Local Files. I've been using them for over a year, a few bugs here and there but nothing I haven't solved or worked around. However, this is a new ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 13.3.1   My Question or Issue I am an avid user of Local Files. I've been using them for over a year, a few bugs here and ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help
    iphone
    local files
    not playing
    Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] Fast selection to download albums / playlists to apple watch

I have lot of albums and I want to download all of them to my apple watch. But for now I need to open every album and select "download to apple watch". It's really inconvenient. Other option - create playlist with all albums from my mac and download ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have lot of albums and I want to download all of them to my apple watch. But for now I need to open every album and select "download to apple watch". It's really inconvenient.   Other option...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] podcast evaluation cannot be submitted

when evaluating a podcast under iOS with an iPhone SE, the button is so reduced it can disappear. The evaluation then cannot be submitted.

• Visitor
  • when evaluating a podcast under iOS with an iPhone SE, the button is so reduced it can disappear. The evaluation then cannot be submitted.
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I cant play anything

 i cant play anything can someone please help. PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

512E024E-531E-4DBB-9A45-4AFEBFBB618E.jpeg
  • Casual Listener
  •  i cant play anything can someone please help.  Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android O...
  • monicashweye010
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Bug] Wrong song plays

My issue is that frequently the wrong song plays. For example, I have noticed this with three songs; Island by Winner, Missing You by 2NE1, and Fantastic Baby by BigBang. Each time, instead of the Korean version of the song playing, the Japanese vers...

• Casual Listener
  • My issue is that frequently the wrong song plays. For example, I have noticed this with three songs; Island by Winner, Missing You by 2NE1, and Fantastic Baby by BigBang. Each time, instead of the Ko...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Worst "Shuffle" of any media player, ever.

I've been signed up with this service for gods know how long, now, and it astounds me how completely incapable your programmers are of making a Shuffle function that actually works (and let's not get into the futility of thumbs-up or thumbs-down).For...

• I've been signed up with this service for gods know how long, now, and it astounds me how completely incapable your programmers are of making a Shuffle function that actually works (and let's not get...
  • KirbySuperStan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] UI Issue With iPhone Notch

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOSMy Question or IssueI’ve noticed what I think is a UI scaling issue on iOS. I don’t know what version of the app it started on, but it’s a recent bug and is still there on the latest version. ...

338D3AA6-E073-4CC0-ABD2-67FB4EEC3AD7.jpeg 1AE61179-0473-49DD-AA2A-27F612C74195.jpeg E07AE0DA-E004-4FC6-A643-86282D49763C.jpeg 30A14877-BFC4-49E5-AE19-F20B89D1F079.jpeg
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS My Question or Issue I’ve noticed what I think is a UI scaling issue on iOS. I don’t know what version of the app it started...
  • Eni
  • 17 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Clear or defer Queue when starting a piece of classical music

Classical music is in many cases listened to on an Album basis. And it disrupts the experience if you start listening and suddenly something from your queue from the previous day gets put up next

• Visitor
  • Classical music is in many cases listened to on an Album basis. And it disrupts the experience if you start listening and suddenly something from your queue from the previous day gets put up next
  • RoelJanssens
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Search hides additional options

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevice(iPhone 11)Operating System(iOS 15.1) My Question or IssueWhen you search on the Spotify app, the first result is slightly obscured by the ‘Shuffle Play’ button, specifically the three dots that reveal additional ...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device (iPhone 11) Operating System (iOS 15.1)   My Question or Issue When you search on the Spotify app, the first result is slightly obscured by th...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Content Cut Off at the top of Screen

On my iPhone XS (app version 8.6.84.1353) it doesn’t seem to be taking into account the notch at the top of the screen. Content frequently gets stuck at the top of the screen and cut off. Usability isn’t impacted too much but it doesn’t look great. S...

• Casual Listener
  • On my iPhone XS (app version 8.6.84.1353) it doesn’t seem to be taking into account the notch at the top of the screen. Content frequently gets stuck at the top of the screen and cut off. Usabil...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    notch
    UI
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Option to toggle Lyrics on/off like the desktop app

Please provide an option to toggle the display of lyrics on iOS devices. Currently a large colored bar appears at the bottom of the screen when the player window is full size, and when using split view on an iPad, the lyrics are automatically opened ...

• Roadie
  • Please provide an option to toggle the display of lyrics on iOS devices. Currently a large colored bar appears at the bottom of the screen when the player window is full size, and when using split vi...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Background crashes iOS dec/21

hey guysI had this issue. Came here to find out whats going on and then ive cleared my cache and turned off the download (wasnt downloaded) of the playlist I was trying to listen; BANG, works just fine again. Not crashing in iOS’s background anymore....

• hey guys I had this issue. Came here to find out whats going on and then ive cleared my cache and turned off the download (wasnt downloaded) of the playlist I was trying to listen; BANG, works just ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App won't download from App Store

PlanPremiumCountryAUSDeviceiPhone 11Operating System(iOS 15.1 I deleted the app for a clean install.When I try to download it the download icon appears but when clicked does nothing. I have tried restoring my phone to a backup before I deleted the ap...

• Plan Premium Country AUS Device iPhone 11 Operating System (iOS 15.1   I deleted the app for a clean install. When I try to download it the download icon appears but when clicked does ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Option "More Devices" not available

I try to stream music with Airplay to my audio equipment.For some reason I do not have an option to select "more devices" (attachment 1).But I do have Airplay options in the house (attachment 2).My husband has the "More Devices" option in his menu (a...

• I try to stream music with Airplay to my audio equipment. For some reason I do not have an option to select "more devices" (attachment 1). But I do have Airplay options in the house (attachment 2)....
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Echo Dot not uniquely identified as a device

Family PlanCountry: UK Device(iPhone 8 ), latest iOS My Issue:Spotify app allows to display all Amazon/Alexa devices in device menu.All Echo devices (One Echo, One Echo dot 4th gen) work fine, except my Echo Dot 3rd gen.I can connect and play but Spo...

• Regular
  • Family Plan Country: UK   Device (iPhone 8 ), latest iOS       My Issue: Spotify app allows to display all Amazon/Alexa devices in device menu. All Echo devices (One Ech...
  • Kiril
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloaded songs stopping at 10 seconds when in ONLINE mode

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 7 PlusOperating SystemiOS 14.7.1 My Question or IssueWhen streaming music in online mode, if a song that happens to also be downloaded comes on, it stops around the 10-second mark and will not load any more...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 7 Plus Operating System iOS 14.7.1   My Question or Issue When streaming music in online mode, if a song that happens to also be downlo...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shazam x Spotify Problem

PlanPremiumCountryiSraelDevice(iPhone Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or IssueHi there about a month ago i've noticed that my shazam playlist having a problem... The playlist contains only half of my shzams... and when i disconnected and re conn...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country iSrael Device (iPhone 😎 Operating System (iOS 10)   My Question or Issue Hi there about a month ago i've noticed that my shazam playlist having a problem....
  • CarlosE
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes