Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app meddles with other app sounds

I believe the issue is due to the fact that we can use the iOS app to control what is playing on the desktop app: the volume control of the iPhone now is set to change the volume of what is playing on Spotify. But then, if as I switch to another app ...

• Regular
  • I believe the issue is due to the fact that we can use the iOS app to control what is playing on the desktop app: the volume control of the iPhone now is set to change the volume of what is playing o...
  • Konigi
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Broken header on iPhone13 mini

Broken header on iPhone13 miniPlanPremium Countrycanada DeviceiPhone 13 mini Operating SystemiOS 15.1.1

•     Broken header on iPhone13 mini Plan Premium   Country canada   Device iPhone 13 mini   Operating System iOS 15.1.1  
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can’t play songs from Nirvana’s Nevermind (deluxe edition)

PlanFree/PremiumCountryHong KongDevice(iPhone 12 pro max)Operating System(iOS 15.1) My Question or IssueIf the song is liked and in a playlist created by me I cannot play it, I tap on the song and the bottom tab pops up and down quickly, then display...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Hong Kong Device (iPhone 12 pro max) Operating System (iOS 15.1)   My Question or Issue If the song is liked and in a playlist created by me I cannot play it,...
  • Kiril
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Reconnection won’t resume playback

Hello, I use Spotify during my commutes which means there are a few areas where I won’t have coverage. Normally this isn’t an issue, but I’ve found that with recent updates that whenever I get reconnected to the internet streamed content won’t play b...

• Hello,    I use Spotify during my commutes which means there are a few areas where I won’t have coverage. Normally this isn’t an issue, but I’ve found that with recent updates that whenev...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot use Spotify Connect on Duo account

PlanPremium DuoCountryUSADeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14.8.1 My Question or IssueI do not see a receiver in my home under the Device list on connect when logged into the non-primary Duo account. When I log into the primary account on the same p...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Duo Country USA Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14.8.1   My Question or Issue I do not see a receiver in my home under the Device list on connect when logged into th...
  • john852
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to disable shuffle between albums on iphone

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issuehi, i have been truing to find a way to disable shuffle mode from spotify on my iphone.i trie...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue hi, i h...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Moving from Apple Music to Spotify

Hi all, I've been using Apple Music (gd frbd) for a good few years and have my fav music downloaded to my iPhone device via the Apple Music app. Now that I wish to start using Spotify - is there an easy way to sort of 'index'\import my downloaded mus...

• Hi all,   I've been using Apple Music (gd frbd) for a good few years and have my fav music downloaded to my iPhone device via the Apple Music app.   Now that I wish to start using Spoti...
  • Robert8500
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Friend Feed] Please let us remove followers

I have some followers that Im not in contact with anymore and that i want to forget. They are still following me on spotify, and i get so uncomfortable every time i see their name. please let me put an end to this, i just want to listen to music.

• Visitor
  • I have some followers that Im not in contact with anymore and that i want to forget. They are still following me on spotify, and i get so uncomfortable every time i see their name. please let me put ...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Friend Feed
    iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Massive battery drain even after update

Using Spotify Premium in the US on an iPhone 12 with a healthy battery running the latest iOS 15.1.1 update, even after the recent bug update for Spotify, I’m noticed massive battery drain still. Over night, Spotify ran for 5 hours in the background....

• Casual Listener
  • Using Spotify Premium in the US on an iPhone 12 with a healthy battery running the latest iOS 15.1.1 update, even after the recent bug update for Spotify, I’m noticed massive battery drain still. Ove...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • battery
    bug
    drain
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Block "New Music for You" popup ads

To my steady advisors, please: How do I block "New Music for You" popup ads on iPhone using a Premium family plan subscription? I am looking for a User programming fix that anyone knows that works. Thanks . . . . Your suggestions at least got Safari ...

• Roadie
  •   To my steady advisors, please:  How do I block "New Music for You" popup ads on iPhone using a Premium family plan subscription?   I am looking for a User programming fix that any...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iOS 15.1
    iphone
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify premium stops all the time - 2

PlanPremiumCountryUkraineDeviceiPhone SE 2Operating SystemiOS 15Version8.6.80.1180 My Question or IssueIt is happened again, I have found old discussion from 2012 (9 years ago)I have tried some times, maybe 10: every time after 1:48 the Spotify stops...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Ukraine Device iPhone SE 2 Operating System iOS 15 Version 8.6.80.1180   My Question or Issue It is happened again, I have found old discussion from 2012 (9 year...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can’t play any Taylor Swift song on IOS app

ANone of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremium CountryIreland DeviceIphone 8 Operating system Ios 12.4 My Question or IssueUnable to play any Taylor swift music on th...

• Casual Listener
  • ANone of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium  Country Ireland  Device Iphone 8  Operating...
  • Angelica1D
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Please bring back new music notifications

Please bring back notifications for when an artist you follow releases new music. The release radar is an ok playlist but it’s not enough. Countless times I have found that some of my most listened to artists have released music and it hasn’t been in...

• Casual Listener
  • Please bring back notifications for when an artist you follow releases new music. The release radar is an ok playlist but it’s not enough. Countless times I have found that some of my most listened t...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 9 likes

Superuser Contribution Can’t play saved music on iPhone unless I reset / quit the app

Premium United Kingdomiphone ios latest software update My Question or IssueSpotify on iPhone won’t play saved music unless I quit the app. Then it only plays one track before crashing again or sometimes I have to skip one or two tracks to get it pla...

• Visitor
  • Premium  United Kingdom iphone ios latest software update    My Question or Issue Spotify on iPhone won’t play saved music unless I quit the app. Then it only plays one track befo...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Developer] Romanized lyrics

When I listen to songs with English lyrics, it’s easy to sing along to. However, when it’s an Asian song or any other language that doesn’t use the English alphabet then I cannot sing along. That sort of annoys me. I love these song and I want to sin...

• Visitor
  • When I listen to songs with English lyrics, it’s easy to sing along to. However, when it’s an Asian song or any other language that doesn’t use the English alphabet then I cannot sing along. That sor...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 14 likes

Lyrics not available

I have updated, reinstalled, and restarted my iPhone numerous times in hopes of the lyrics to show up, but I still have not gotten a solution to my problem. On my computer, the lyrics show up perfectly fine though! I have a premium account too, pleas...

• I have updated, reinstalled, and restarted my iPhone numerous times in hopes of the lyrics to show up, but I still have not gotten a solution to my problem. On my computer, the lyrics show up perfect...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Load downloaded Podcast is slow

[Update - I measured the load time both under no-internet and weak-internet situations]-----PlanPremiumCountryJapanDeviceiPhone 12 ProOperating SystemiOS 15.1Spotify version8.6.80.1180 IssueHello wonderful Spotify team. I'm one of the millions heavy ...

• [Update - I measured the load time both under no-internet and weak-internet situations] ----- Plan Premium Country Japan Device iPhone 12 Pro Operating System iOS 15.1 Spotify version 8.6....
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Nothing loads in my app

PlanPremiumCountryVenezuela (USA account)DeviceiOs 5SOperating SystemiOs 12.4.1 My Question or Issue Two months ago, my iOs app started not letting me search any songs in the search bar, reaching to the point where I can only add songs to my playlist...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Venezuela (USA account) Device iOs 5S Operating System iOs 12.4.1   My Question or Issue   Two months ago, my iOs app started not letting me search any songs...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Loading problems
    Search failure
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

No cast icon on Spotify iphone or iPad

No cast icon on Spotify iphone or iPad even thou google home installed and setup of chrome cast audio is correct. please help

• Regular
  • No cast icon on Spotify iphone or iPad even thou google home installed and setup of chrome cast audio is correct.   please help 
  • -MooZ
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes