Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

iPad no edit playlist button but iPhone ok

PlanFree/PremiumCountryU.K. Device(iPad)Operating System(iOS 10.) My Question or IssueUsing ipad the edit button on each playlist is missing not displaying checked iPhone and it shows and works normally.

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country U.K.  Device (iPad) Operating System (iOS 10.)   My Question or Issue Using ipad the edit button on each playlist is missing not displaying checked iPhon...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Playlists] Iphone 8+ refresh button cannot be pressed

When using Spotify on an Iphone 8+, when in a playlist the refresh button at the bottom of the recommended songs is hidden behind the song currently playing.

• Visitor
  • When using Spotify on an Iphone 8+, when in a playlist the refresh button at the bottom of the recommended songs is hidden behind the song currently playing.
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Blend UI is too tall for my iPhone

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone SE (iPhone 5 form factor)Operating SystemiOS My Question or IssueWhen I click the new "Create a Blend" button, on the next screen the Invite button at the bottom is hidden by the bar that shows the currently playing ...

xdhmoore_0-1630464847958.png
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone SE (iPhone 5 form factor) Operating System iOS   My Question or Issue When I click the new "Create a Blend" button, on the next screen the In...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Hearting not working right

Plan = PremiumCountry = USA Device = iPhone XsOperating System = iOS 14.7.1 My Question or Issue = I have the ability to heart songs but the app is functioning in reverse. Meaning, when I heart a song it gets removed from my liked songs. And when I u...

• Regular
  •   Plan = Premium Country = USA   Device = iPhone Xs Operating System = iOS 14.7.1   My Question or Issue = I have the ability to heart songs but the app is functioning...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Ipod Spotify app shuts down during play when not actively in the app

Spotify app updated on iPod 4 days ago (9-16-21). During playback, Spotify app will stop whenever the screen is not actively showing Spotify, ie, when screen in power save, when viewing other apps, when on home screen. I have tried restarting iPod, r...

• Regular
  • Spotify app updated on iPod 4 days ago (9-16-21).  During playback, Spotify app will stop whenever the screen is not actively showing Spotify, ie, when screen in power save, when viewing other a...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Other] fix the bugs of the new interface pls

i have often bugs when the song cover doesn’t change from previous one until i swipe it down and then up again, also some songs are signed as liked when in reality i never pressed heart button and they aren’t even in liked songs playlist. these thing...

• Visitor
  • i have often bugs when the song cover doesn’t change from previous one until i swipe it down and then up again, also some songs are signed as liked when in reality i never pressed heart button and th...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Show all Album Covers for Tracks in a Playlist

On IOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod) the "Album Cover for each song in playlist" feature has already been included some time ago, but Spotify for Mac OS X still doesn't have it. Idea: Show the Album Cover of each Song in a Playlist, even before listening to t...

• Visitor
  • On IOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod) the "Album Cover for each song in playlist" feature has already been included some time ago, but Spotify for Mac OS X still doesn't have it.    Idea: Show the ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Social & Random
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[IOS] Why my spotify running in the background without i knowing it

So when i check the battery in the setting on my phone it says that spotify have run for a minute or two when i sleeping (I dont use it on any other platform that having my account on it)Anyone know the reason?Thank for reading

• So when i check the battery in the setting on my phone it says that spotify have run for a minute or two when i sleeping (I dont use it on any other platform that having my account on it) Anyone kno...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play any songs on my phone

Premium account iPhone 8 iOS 14.7.1 In the last month I’ve started having problems with playing songs on my phone. At the beginning it usually played one song, stopped and then I had to manually press play for the next song to play. During the last w...

• Premium account   iPhone 8   iOS 14.7.1   In the last month I’ve started having problems with playing songs on my phone. At the beginning it usually played one song, stopped and ...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Spotify Connect] No progress bar while playing song on other device

PlanPremiumCountryHong KongDeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS 14.7.1 My Question or IssueTrack progress bar showing -:— while the song is playing on another device. I cannot adjust or fast forward the song remotely while using Spotify connect.

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 14.7.1   My Question or Issue Track progress bar showing -:— while the song is playing on another device. I can...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Progress
    track progress
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Liked song icon on song in playlist is green but not actually liked

Hopefully the title is enough but I’ve been listening to the “New Core” playlist over the past couple of days on my iPhone 11 (latest iOS version) and noticed that the liked song icon (the heart) has been highlighted green on a lot of songs but it tu...

• Casual Listener
  • Hopefully the title is enough but I’ve been listening to the “New Core” playlist over the past couple of days on my iPhone 11 (latest iOS version) and noticed that the liked song icon (the heart) has...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Disable album cover in playlists

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceIphone 7Operating SystemiOS 13.3.1 My Question or IssueI know Spotify doesn’t like to give it’s users options, but please make it possible to disable album art in playlists. You should consider options when you make chan...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Iphone 7 Operating System iOS 13.3.1   My Question or Issue I know Spotify doesn’t like to give it’s users options, but please make it possib...
  • Inh0rman
  • 2 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 12 likes

Superuser Contribution App keeps crashing when i switch to another app

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceiPhone 13 Pro and iPhone SEOperating SystemIOS 15 and 14.8 respectively My Question or IssueIf I am playing music through the Spotify IOS app and switch to a different app or go to my home screen, the song stops ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States   Device iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone SE Operating System IOS 15 and 14.8 respectively    My Question or Issue If I am playing music through t...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • crashing
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Application using excessive mobile data

PlanFreeCountrySlovakia/Czech republicDevice(iPhone 12 mini)Operating System(iOS 15.0) My Question or IssueHi there! I noticed earlier today that I started running out of my data way too fast even though 98% of my day I am connected via Wi-Fi so I re...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Slovakia/Czech republic Device (iPhone 12 mini) Operating System (iOS 15.0)   My Question or Issue Hi there!  I noticed earlier today that I started running out...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

CarPlay disconnects

Phone: iPhone 13 proIOS software: 15.1 latestCar: Honda and latest softwareSpotify: latest update CarPlay works with no issues as long as I don’t use Spotify. As soon as I open Spotify, CarPlay crashes and shows that I have no phone connected. If I u...

• Regular
  • Phone: iPhone 13 pro IOS software: 15.1 latest Car: Honda and latest software Spotify: latest update   CarPlay works with no issues as long as I don’t use Spotify. As soon as I open Spotify...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Where is the "What’s New Feed"?

Hello team!In late July (26th) Spotify announced a feature that I was expecting for years: the What’s New Feed. Since then, the feature is no where to be seen nor on my iPhone 12 mini, nor on my iPad Pro. Does someone actually seen it for real?

spotify.png
  • Composer
  • Hello team! In late July (26th) Spotify announced a feature that I was expecting for years: the What’s New Feed.   Since then, the feature is no where to be seen nor on my iPhone 12 mini...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution UI bug: play / shuffle button obscures "..." button during playlist filter

PlanPremium CountryUSA DeviceiPhone 6s+ Operating SystemiOS 15 My Question or Issue It is not possible to tap the "..." button for the first result of a filtered playlist. To reproduce:1. select "Your Library"2. select "Liked Songs" (or any playlist)...

IMG_2732.jpg
  • Plan Premium   Country USA   Device iPhone 6s+   Operating System iOS 15   My Question or Issue   It is not possible to tap the "..." button for the first resul...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs don't play when tapped

PremiumUSiPhone 12, iOS 14.5.1 When I tap a song at the top of the "Liked Songs" list, it plays no problem. When I scroll down the list (I have about 12,000 songs in the library) and tap a song there, it would sometimes start playing with a huge dela...

• Gig Goer
  • Premium US iPhone 12, iOS 14.5.1   When I tap a song at the top of the "Liked Songs" list, it plays no problem. When I scroll down the list (I have about 12,000 songs in the library) and tap...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [iOS][Your Library] Re-Separate Songs,Podcasts, and Playlists

Separate podcasts, songs, and playlists so they are not all jumbled together, like keep the tabs on top in “My Library” (Artists, Playlists, Podcasts) but only show them when clicked on. I.e. when you click “Playlists”, just show Playlists, when you ...

• Roadie
  • Separate podcasts, songs, and playlists so they are not all jumbled together, like keep the tabs on top in “My Library” (Artists, Playlists, Podcasts) but only show them when clicked on. I.e. when yo...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Your Library
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify does not resume play after Siri/Google Maps Speaks

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 11Operating System My Question or IssueWhen Siri/Google maps speaks, my Spotify audio pauses. This is fine. However, the issue is that Spotify audio does not resume after Siri/Google Maps is done speaking.

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 11 Operating System     My Question or Issue When Siri/Google maps speaks, my Spotify audio pauses. This is fine. However, the issue is that...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes