Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Browse] UI Update Improvements

I've begun to wonder if Spotify put me into a beta test group since I can't find anyone else who's seen this update. If this is the case, I'd love to be removed from the beta group. Otherwise, here's my feedback on the update and how to improve it. S...

• Casual Listener
  • I've begun to wonder if Spotify put me into a beta test group since I can't find anyone else who's seen this update. If this is the case, I'd love to be removed from the beta group. Otherwise, here's...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Browse
    iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution In car (connected by usb) only playing one song

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceiPhone12/Citroen DS3Operating SystemiOS 14.7.1 My Question or IssueAfter the last update when playing Spotify in the car stops after one song and reverts to Apple Music. I have tried to do a clean reinstall, changed streami...

• Plan Premium Country UK   Device iPhone12/Citroen DS3 Operating System iOS 14.7.1   My Question or Issue After the last update when playing Spotify in the car stops after one...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Liking song displays next played song as liked (UI break)

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS14.7.1 My Question or IssueI was going through my discover weekly and was liking songs from it and when I would like a song while it was playing and let it play through the next song would still ...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS14.7.1   My Question or Issue I was going through my discover weekly and was liking songs from it and when I would like a ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • display
    liked songs
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Player playlist name text is too high

PlanPremium FamilyCountryItalyDeviceiPhone 12 miniOperating SystemiOS 15.0 My Question or IssueWhen i listen to a song, the playlist text at the top of the player is too high. It only fixes restarting the app.Demo link: https://drive.google.com/file/...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Family Country Italy Device iPhone 12 mini Operating System iOS 15.0   My Question or Issue When i listen to a song, the playlist text at the top of the player is too high...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Fix AirPlay playing in mono instead of stereo

If I start AirPlay when a song is already playing on my iPhone, the sound outputs in mono instead of stereo on my loudspeakers. If I force shutdown the Spotify app and reopen it, the sound is now correctly in stereo. This can be easily checked by pla...

• Regular
  • If I start AirPlay when a song is already playing on my iPhone, the sound outputs in mono instead of stereo on my loudspeakers.   If I force shutdown the Spotify app and reopen it, the sound i...
  • Onewave
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why does music stop playing when scrolling past ads or videos while browsing the web or instagram?

When I scroll past an ad or video (without stopping or clicking on it) while Spotify is playing, the music stops and doesn’t restart on its own once I've scrolled past it. iPhone 11, Safari, everything up to date. Premium family plan. Tried restartin...

• Casual Listener
  • When I scroll past an ad or video (without stopping or clicking on it) while Spotify is playing, the music stops and doesn’t restart on its own once I've scrolled past it.   iPhone 11, Safari,...
  • Lovemonsoonrain
  • Visitor
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone 11
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Timestamps missing on iPad player

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceiPad Pro 2018 11”Operating SystemiPadOS 15 My Question or IssueWhen using the Spotify iPad app (2018 11” iPad Pro in my case) the Timestamps do not show on the player in the bottom left hand corner. This is especially annoy...

BC1052B1-B6CF-4197-B44E-818E6C7A0AE1.jpeg 1532D197-652E-40EA-8643-D1A1E1D50C1D.jpeg
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device iPad Pro 2018 11” Operating System iPadOS 15   My Question or Issue When using the Spotify iPad app (2018 11” iPad Pro in my case) the Timestamps...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Siri not Providing Voice Directions while Streaming Spotify

Hey, everyone!About a week ago, Siri stopped providing me with voice directions while driving. I still get a little jingle when I need to make a change, but I much prefer Siri telling me what to do. The issue occurs through Bluetooth and AUX and only...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, everyone! About a week ago, Siri stopped providing me with voice directions while driving. I still get a little jingle when I need to make a change, but I much prefer Siri telling me what to ...
  • greendayfan
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Battery Drain IOS 14.6

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device(iPhone 11)Operating System(iOS 14.6) My Question or IssueIs it normal using 20% background activity in 2 hours and a half? I've tried reinstalling the app, and background refresh is disabled already

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device (iPhone 11) Operating System (iOS 14.6)   My Question or Issue Is it normal using 20% background activity in 2 hours and a half?  I've tri...
  • CarlosE
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Audio not working

PlanPremium FamilyCountryItalyDeviceiPhone 12 miniOperating SystemiOS 15.0 My Question or IssueWhen i play a song, the audio doesn’t work, i already tried to reboot the iPhone, but the problem persistsDemo video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bjf7...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Family Country Italy Device iPhone 12 mini Operating System iOS 15.0   My Question or Issue When i play a song, the audio doesn’t work, i already tried to reboot the iPhon...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloading Error

Hi, I can't download music when connected to Wifi network even though the iOS device has storage space. The error I get is as in the screenshot. Thank you in advance for your help... Device: iPhone Xr 64gb

• Regular
  • Hi, I can't download music when connected to Wifi network even though the iOS device has storage space. The error I get is as in the screenshot. Thank you in advance for your help...   Device:...
  • CarlosE
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify crashing on iphone

My Spotify app keeps crashing on my iPhone after 2-3 minutes of playing.

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify app keeps crashing on my iPhone after 2-3 minutes of playing. 
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Incorrect Like Status on Player

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 12 ProOperating SystemiOS 14.8 My Question or IssueDuring playback, songs in the player will not display the likes status if I navigate away from and back to the player page. If I’m listening to the playlist and minim...

• Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 12 Pro Operating System iOS 14.8   My Question or Issue During playback, songs in the player will not display the likes status if I navigate away ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug report
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sign in problem

I am having a problem... I cant change the country of my account neither I can sign in from windows app and IOS app . it is stuck at Australia. What can I do to change it back? I wish to get this fixed soon. Greetings,

• I am having a problem... I cant change the country of my account neither I can sign in from windows app and IOS app . it is stuck at Australia. What can I do to change it back?  I wish to get t...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Hearts are inaccurate

PlanPremiumUSA DeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14.71 My Question or IssueI am coming across songs that have the heart filled in that i haven't liked yet, and then when i click the heart it becomes unfilled and i get an "added to liked songs" notif...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium USA   Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14.71   My Question or Issue I am coming across songs that have the heart filled in that i haven't liked yet, and then whe...
  • lnqkl-0mzj_d
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Siri announce texts

Hey! I have Spotify premium on an iPhone 12 Pro & regular AirPods. When I am listening to podcasts, and Siri announces a text, Spotify does not automatically resume the podcast. Is there a workaround? iOS 14.8spotify version 8.6.62.1035

• Hey! I have Spotify premium on an iPhone 12 Pro & regular AirPods. When I am listening to podcasts, and Siri announces a text, Spotify does not automatically resume the podcast. Is there a workar...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Search] Audio books not working ( Harry Potter specifically)

I’ve been listening to the Harry Potter audio books for several months now. Recently it’s been several times a day that I turn them on and listen to them whilst going about my day. last night however ( Sept 16/21) the audio books stopped working. it ...

• Casual Listener
  • I’ve been listening to the Harry Potter audio books for several months now. Recently it’s been several times a day that I turn them on and listen to them whilst going about my day.  last night ...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iOS
    Search
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Shuffle always shows same 8-10 songs in different order

PlanPremiumUnited States DeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14.7.1 My Question or IssueI have read lots of other posts related to this issue, but no available solutions seem to work. I am not using Spotify Connect (ie I am playing music locally on my...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium United States   Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14.7.1   My Question or Issue I have read lots of other posts related to this issue, but no available solutions ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution can't sync local files from computer to iphone x

PlanPremiumCountry USA DeviceiPhone XOperating System14.7.1 My Question or IssueI'm trying to sync local files from my laptop to my iphone X right now. I managed to get the local files to download to my Pixel 4A5G but it just refuses to work on my ip...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device iPhone X Operating System 14.7.1   My Question or Issue I'm trying to sync local files from my laptop to my iphone X right now. I managed to ge...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    local files
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes