Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution not playing selected songs

PlanFreeCountryukDevice(iPhone 8, Operating Systemios14 My Question or IssueSpotify keeps playing 'suggested songs' rather than the ones I have selected, even if it is in the middle of a selected album or pplaylist.Why is this?

• Plan Free Country uk Device (iPhone 8,  Operating System ios14   My Question or Issue Spotify keeps playing 'suggested songs' rather than the ones I have selected, even if it is i...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Your Episodes Bug

PlanPremium CountryUSADevice(iPhone 11)Operating System(iOS 14.6) My Question or IssueI am getting a bug in the “Your Episodes” podcast playlist. It shows “1 Episode” even though it is empty. It is really bothering me. How can I fix it?

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium  Country USA Device (iPhone 11) Operating System (iOS 14.6)   My Question or Issue I am getting a bug in the “Your Episodes” podcast playlist. It shows “1 Episode” ev...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Offline not working

PremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 8 I have the premium account but ever since the app updated I can’t listen to offline. I listen to it at work for 10 hours a day on wifi and it works fine but as soon as I’m on offline mode it won’t let me listen to down...

• Visitor
  •   Premium Country USA Device iPhone 8   I have the premium account but ever since the app updated I can’t listen to offline. I listen to it at work for 10 hours a day on wifi and it ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Queue not functioning for podcasts

Plan: Premium DuoCountry: USA Device: iPhone 12 miniOperating System: iOS 14.7.1 My Question or Issue: Queue isn't functioning with podcast episodes only. Songs queue up just fine. Behavior: Will allow podcast episodes to be added, but player simply ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan: Premium Duo Country: USA   Device: iPhone 12 mini Operating System: iOS 14.7.1   My Question or Issue:   Queue isn't functioning with podcast episodes o...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify shuts down a few minutes after pausing music on Lock Screen

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14.7.1 My Question or IssueIn the past months, I would be able to pause my music from the Lock Screen and after some time I would still be able to play the song from the Lock Screen. Now I paus...

•   Plan Premium Country USA  Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14.7.1   My Question or Issue In the past months, I would be able to pause my music from the Lock Screen an...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iOS app crashes after update to 8.6.54

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceiPhone SE 2020Operating SystemiOS 14.7.1 My Question or IssueMy Spotify app crashes after playing music for roughly 50 (?) seconds. It only occurs if the screen is locked and always after the same amount of seconds.Aft...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany   Device iPhone SE 2020 Operating System iOS 14.7.1   My Question or Issue My Spotify app crashes after playing music for roughly 50 (?) seconds. It ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify stops working with 9 seconds on Iphone

My Spotify keeps stopping after 9 seconds. I have a premium account in the IPhone 11.It started over 3 weeks ago and keeps going. I have to close the app and Open it again to listen to rest of the song. However, when I do this without having an inter...

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify keeps stopping after 9 seconds. I have a premium account in the IPhone 11. It started over 3 weeks ago and keeps going. I have to close the app and Open it again to listen to rest of th...
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution No artist and albums pictures

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS 14.7.1 Hi, pictures of artist and albums doesn’t show in my Library View. I reinstalled app on my phone but it doesn’t help. Even today’s update of app doesn’t fixed this.

• Plan Premium Country Poland Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 14.7.1   Hi, pictures of artist and albums doesn’t show in my Library View. I reinstalled app on my phone but it doesn’...
  • Elena
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Download songs to Apple Watch

Good morning everyone, I wanted to find out if it was possible to download my favorite songs placed on my Spotify account to my Apple Watch as well so I could listen to them offline without having my iPhone all the time. I have seen that it is possib...

• Casual Listener
  • Good morning everyone, I wanted to find out if it was possible to download my favorite songs placed on my Spotify account to my Apple Watch as well so I could listen to them offline without having my...
  • stano_vittorio
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Mobile][Your Library] Album art not showing up.

My album art is not showing up on my iPhone. When I click on an album, the art finally shows up, but when I just sort by albums, they all have the blank album art template. At first, this didn't bother me so much, but it is starting to frustrate me. ...

• My album art is not showing up on my iPhone. When I click on an album, the art finally shows up, but when I just sort by albums, they all have the blank album art template.   At first, this di...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
    Your Library
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files not downloading on iPhone

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 12 Pro, Windows 10 laptopOperating SystemiOS 14.4.2, Windows 10 My Question or IssueI have a new iPhone and a new laptop. I have sync'd my local files to my Spotify account on the desktop app and have added them to a ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 12 Pro, Windows 10 laptop Operating System iOS 14.4.2, Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have a new iPhone and a new laptop. I have sync'd my lo...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [iOS] Now Playing UI no longer changes color for local files.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 12 miniOperating SystemiOS 14.7.1 My Question or IssueWhen playing a song, the UI picks a color from the album art and makes that the background. This still works for normal Spotify songs but has recently stopped wor...

IMG_1345.PNG IMG_1346.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 12 mini Operating System iOS 14.7.1   My Question or Issue When playing a song, the UI picks a color from the album art and makes that the backgr...
  • RafalR
  • Music Fan
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify can’t even get through 10 seconds of a song before stopping

PlanPremiumCountryUsaDevice(iPhone 11)Operating System(iOS 14) My Question or IssueSpotify stops after 6-10 seconds of a song. The music and slider bar stop but the button doesn’t change. This app doesn’t work and is completely unusable since last ni...

• Plan Premium Country Usa Device (iPhone 11) Operating System (iOS 14)   My Question or Issue Spotify stops after 6-10 seconds of a song. The music and slider bar stop but the button do...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Your Library] Downloaded Songs Not Playing Offline

Hello, I was wanting to report an issue on mobile for iPhone. I used to not have any issues, but as of last night, when I try to play certain downloaded albums offline the songs will just stay at 0:00 despite being checked off as downloaded and ready...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I was wanting to report an issue on mobile for iPhone. I used to not have any issues, but as of last night, when I try to play certain downloaded albums offline the songs will just stay at 0:0...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Your Library
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My spotify apps stop playing in background but there is no option in iOS to fix this.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceipad mini 3 and iphone 10Operating SystemiOS My Question or IssueCannot play music when my phone sleeps anymore. Or when i close the spotify application on my ipad. I do not see the ability to change this in the settings.

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device ipad mini 3 and iphone 10 Operating System iOS   My Question or Issue Cannot play music when my phone sleeps anymore. Or when i close the spotify applic...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Most songs stop at 10 seconds

PlanPremiumCountryCzech republicDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 14.6 My Question or IssueWhile using the spotify app on my phone most songs keep stopping at either 9, 10 or 11 seconds (very rarely stoping before it gets to 9 seconds) and they won’t...

•   Plan Premium Country Czech republic Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 14.6   My Question or Issue While using the spotify app on my phone most songs keep stopping at either ...
  • Eni
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify playback for downloaded songs stops after 0-10 seconds on iPhone (no solution in forms)

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone 11Operating System(Latest iOS version and Spotify version) My Question or IssueFor the past week and a half spotify has been unable to play songs on my mobile phone past at the most 10 seconds, it just stops. It d...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone 11 Operating System (Latest iOS version and Spotify version)   My Question or Issue For the past week and a half spotify has been unable to pl...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Missing the new “what’s new” feature

PlanPremiumCountryIreland DeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS14 My Question or IssueI had the “what’s new” feature show up on my phone about a month ago for like a week before it disappeared. I had just assumed Spotify had removed it since I had not d...

• Plan Premium Country Ireland  Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS14   My Question or Issue I had the “what’s new” feature show up on my phone about a month ago for like a week b...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play local files on iPhone XR?

Hey I have downloaded music onto my Windows laptop and set them up in a folder and put it into Spotify via the Local Files feature. However when I go into the playlist on my iPhone (I downloaded the playlist on my iPhone too) and try and play the mus...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey I have downloaded music onto my Windows laptop and set them up in a folder and put it into Spotify via the Local Files feature. However when I go into the playlist on my iPhone (I downloaded the ...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iOS App Freezing, crashing and lagging

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 12.1 My Question or IssueThe past couple of months (4-5) I have been experiencing issues with the mobile app. It is constantly crashing, lagging and freezing. For example, I will press a song an...

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 12.1   My Question or Issue The past couple of months (4-5) I have been experiencing issues with the mobile app. It ...
  • ParentalControl
  • Composer
  • 13 replies
  • 15 likes
  • frozen
    iOS
  • 13 replies
  • 15 likes