Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! Something went wrong, please try again later

Hi All, I've downloaded the latest compatible version of Spotify for my iPad. Whenever I try to log in, I get the error message "Something went wrong, please try again later". I can successfully log in on other devices including my laptop. I even tri...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi All, I've downloaded the latest compatible version of Spotify for my iPad. Whenever I try to log in, I get the error message "Something went wrong, please try again later". I can successfully log ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Song keep skipping or replaying midway

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 11Operating System14.4.2 My Question or IssueEvery time I’m playing music in my car it either skips to the next song mid way through one song. Or it replays the song midway and then skips it. It’s getting really anno...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 11 Operating System 14.4.2   My Question or Issue Every time I’m playing music in my car it either skips to the next song mid way through one son...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Playlists] Custom album covers don’t share to IG

I’ve created a few playlist and when I share them to Instagram they show the Spotify generated cover instead of the custom cover that I provided. please fix this bug. thank you

• Visitor
  • I’ve created a few playlist and when I share them to Instagram they show the Spotify generated cover instead of the custom cover that I provided.  please fix this bug.  thank you
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iOS
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify on Apple Watch 6 Cellular NOT working with Power Beats Pro

iPhone XiOS 14.5.1Apple Watch 6 CellularWatch OS 7.3.3Spotify Premium UK I bought an Apple Watch back in Sept 2020 to stream Spotify to my bluetooth headphone without my phone while at the gym. I started going to the gym on 12th April and the watch a...

• Casual Listener
  • iPhone X iOS 14.5.1 Apple Watch 6 Cellular Watch OS 7.3.3 Spotify Premium UK   I bought an Apple Watch back in Sept 2020 to stream Spotify to my bluetooth headphone without my phone while ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files ONLY won’t sync to iPhone

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceIPhone XR, 2020 iPad Pro 11 inch, 2020 MacBook Air Operating SystemiOS 10 14.6 (latest for all devices) My Question or IssueI'm having issues syncing my files to my iPhone. I have tried EVERYTHING I’ve seen mentioned to no...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device IPhone XR, 2020 iPad Pro 11 inch, 2020 MacBook Air  Operating System iOS 10 14.6 (latest for all devices)   My Question or Issue I'm having...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can I stop Spotify from automatically reading the next podcast episode?

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 14.5.1 My Question or IssueWhen I listen to podcasts on the Spotify app, at the end of each episode, the next one (or the previous one, depending on the way they are organised) starts to play ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country France Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 14.5.1   My Question or Issue When I listen to podcasts on the Spotify app, at the end of each episode, the next one (o...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Apple Watch Offline Support

I have been a Spotify premium subscriber for the most of ten years. However I’ve decided to make the switch to Apple Music- not because I think it is a better platform- purely because Spotify continue to ignore the demand for offline playback on the ...

• Visitor
  • I have been a Spotify premium subscriber for the most of ten years. However I’ve decided to make the switch to Apple Music- not because I think it is a better platform- purely because Spotify continu...
  • Novy
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution “Your Top Shows” Displays podcasts I only listened to a few minutes and never went back?

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 14.6 My Question or IssueOn the home page of Spotify it has a section called “Your Top Shows” the problem is it keeps listing a podcast I don’t even like just because I tried it for a coupl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 14.6   My Question or Issue On the home page of Spotify it has a section called “Your Top Shows” the problem is it k...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution New router - Spotify Connect doesn’t work on any speakers

PlanFree/PremiumCountrySwedenDeviceIphone 11Operating SystemIOS 14.5.1 My Question or IssueHi, I recently bought a new router, Asus AX CT8, and after that Spotify connect doesnt work. I can see the devices but the app wont connect to them. Do I have ...

• Plan Free/Premium Country Sweden Device Iphone 11 Operating System IOS 14.5.1   My Question or Issue Hi,   I recently bought a new router, Asus AX CT8, and after that Spotify co...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iOS app crashing frequently after update

So I actually don't mind the new UI as much as a lot of people seem to. However... I have noticed that since it updated, the iOS app has become very unreliable for me. Sometimes when I switch between apps and then go back into the Spotify app, or try...

• Roadie
  • So I actually don't mind the new UI as much as a lot of people seem to. However... I have noticed that since it updated, the iOS app has become very unreliable for me. Sometimes when I switch between...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution How to re-connect Hulu to Spotify Premium on new iPad Air 4

My Question or IssueI have Spotify Premium + Hulu bundle (NOT a student account). Everything has been great until I got a new iPad. While Spotify works fine on the iPad after transferring my data, Hulu on iPad is now saying I have to log in. When I d...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue I have Spotify Premium + Hulu bundle (NOT a student account). Everything has been great until I got a new iPad. While Spotify works fine on the iPad after transferring my data, ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Apple watch coming or what?

Please, respond, is the app coming to the Apple Watch or not? If it is not please let me know because I will go Apple Music. Thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • Please, respond, is the app coming to the Apple Watch or not? If it is not please let me know because I will go Apple Music. Thanks.
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution No “Download Using Cellular” toggle in my IOS app

PlanPremiumCountryAustrali DeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemVersion 11.4.1 My Question or Issue I am trying to download my music on Spotify using cellular data but when I go into my settings there’s no toggle to turn the “Dowloand Using Cellular” option...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australi   Device iPhone 7 Operating System Version 11.4.1   My Question or Issue  I am trying to download my music on Spotify using cellular data but w...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Cellular Dowload
    iOS
    No Setting Toggle
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Accessibility - New Text Resizing options for iOS

Hey folks, Writing since we'd like to share an accessibility update with everyone We have started implementing support to larger text sizes in iOS devices. You can now enable 5 extra text sizes under the iOS Accessibility Settings by going to Setting...

text accessibility iOS.png
  • Spotify Legend
  • Hey folks,   Writing since we'd like to share an accessibility update with everyone 🙂   We have started implementing support to larger text sizes in iOS devices. You can now e...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 8 likes
  • accessibility
    iOS
  • 7 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution "Recently played" feature glitching

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 11, Macbook proOperating SystemiOS 14, Big Sur My Question or IssueSo I've already emailed spotify support about this but I think I figured out more info so I figured I'd post here in case anyone else has e...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 11, Macbook pro Operating System iOS 14, Big Sur   My Question or Issue So I've already emailed spotify support about this but I think ...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files onto IPhone

PremiumUnited States iPhone 11/MaciOS 14.4.2 I am having troubles downloading my local files from my Mac to my iPhone. I’ve tried to follow all the steps to the best of my ability but haven’t been able to succeed. As of now I have the songs on my Mac...

• Visitor
  • Premium United States   iPhone 11/Mac iOS 14.4.2   I am having troubles downloading my local files from my Mac to my iPhone. I’ve tried to follow all the steps to the best of my abili...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts not playing in any device.

PlanPremiumCountryPakistanDevice(iPhone SE20, Windows, Android TV)Operating SystemLatest OS My Question or IssueCan’t seem to open any podcasts on any device. “Spotify can’t open this link on this type of device”. Seems like an account for software i...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Pakistan Device (iPhone SE20, Windows, Android TV) Operating System Latest OS   My Question or Issue Can’t seem to open any podcasts on any device. “Spotify can’t ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Pausing Issues

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI’ve been having issues with songs randomly pausing. When I go to the app, it reloads and the...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I’ve be...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Weird recommendations for podcast that I have never listened to.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone Xs) My Question or Issue: Hi I actually quite like the redesign but am having a weird issue with recommendations. For some reason I have a huge section of my Home tab taken up for a podcast that I never have heard o...

•   Plan Premium Country USA Device (iPhone Xs)     My Question or Issue:   Hi I actually quite like the redesign but am having a weird issue with recommendations. For so...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution In am The only one with a Spotify that skips on Sonos-just me

Plan=PremiumCountry=United States I share a space with other teachers and we all use spotify on sonos....about a month ago now, I am the only person out the 6 that her spotify skips songs while using spotify and sonos. I get errors readings that say ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan=Premium Country=United States   I share a space with other teachers and we all use spotify on sonos....about a month ago now, I am the only person out the 6 that her spotify skips songs ...
  • Novy
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes