Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify closing by itself

PlanFreeCountry Deviceiphone xrOperating Systemios 14.0.1 My Question or IssueSo my spotify app keeps closing by itself sometimes when I'm using other apps, sometimes when my screen is locked. I thought it might be because I have too many apps opened...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country   Device iphone xr Operating System ios 14.0.1   My Question or Issue So my spotify app keeps closing by itself sometimes when I'm using other apps, sometimes wh...
  • Novy
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "Browse" appears offline while everything else is online

Hi, While I'm on 4G on my iPhone the "Browse" section of Spotify seems to be offline with the message: "Browse is not available while you're offline. Please connect to the internet and try again.". Everything else works perfectly (internet connection...

• Hi,   While I'm on 4G on my iPhone the "Browse" section of Spotify seems to be offline with the message: "Browse is not available while you're offline. Please connect to the internet and try...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Charts page title "ghosting" on scroll

iOS App Version8.6.8.1211PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 14.4.1 My Question or IssueNavigate to the Charts page from the Search tab, then scroll down. You'll see that the page title, "Charts", gets duplicated with a smaller fon...

• Roadie
  • iOS App Version 8.6.8.1211 Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 14.4.1   My Question or Issue Navigate to the Charts page from the Search tab, then...
  • CarlosE
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Clicking on song (non-downloaded) and it won't play

PlanPremiumUSA Device(iPhone 11promaxOperating System(iOS 14 My Question or IssueEvery single time I open spotify, I click a song to play (one that is not downloaded) and it never plays. I always have to restart the app and when I click on the song a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium USA   Device (iPhone 11promax Operating System (iOS 14   My Question or Issue Every single time I open spotify, I click a song to play (one that is not downloaded) an...
  • CarlosE
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Disable driving mode

Every single time I get in my car, the app pops up a box asking me if I want to use driving mode. No matter how many times I say no, it keeps popping up! It is the most annoying thing, it doesn't let me play music until I do something with it. Can th...

• Music Fan
  • Every single time I get in my car, the app pops up a box asking me if I want to use driving mode. No matter how many times I say no, it keeps popping up! It is the most annoying thing, it doesn't let...
  • Msftric
  • Regular
  • 24 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 21 likes

Spotify makes battery drain quicker when i’m offline?

When spotify is offline and i play music, the battery on my phone drains quicker compared to when i’m connected to wifi? I’m not sure if this is normal. I’ve tried so many different things to see if anything can help but nothing is changing. I’ve del...

• Music Fan
  •   When spotify is offline and i play music, the battery on my phone drains quicker compared to when i’m connected to wifi?   I’m not sure if this is normal. I’ve tried so many different ...
  • Robert_W
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lyric not available on iOS

PlanPremium DuoCountrySingapore DeviceiPhone 12,Operating SystemOS 14.4.2 Lyric is not available for my account. My wife who is under the same Duo account has lyrics. She tried logging in her account on my phone and having no problem.I guess it's an ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Duo Country Singapore   Device iPhone 12, Operating System OS 14.4.2   Lyric is not available for my account. My wife who is under the same Duo account has ly...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    lyric
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unplayed postcasts are missing from my queue

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14.4.2 My Question or IssueThe podcast section on the iOS app is only showing the most recent unplayed episode per show and not any from previous dates. For example, I am following six different ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14.4.2   My Question or Issue The podcast section on the iOS app is only showing the most recent unplayed episode per show...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Theory on Shazam-Spotify sync problem

PlanPremiumCountryDenmarkDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14.4.1 Update:I think I figure it out! If I use the Control Center to activate Shazam the song won't be added to Spotify. But if I open Shazam like any other app, the song will be added.It's...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Denmark Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14.4.1   Update: I think I figure it out! If I use the Control Center to activate Shazam the song won't be added to S...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Shazam
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Add to Playlist (Search)

On the iOS spotify app when I try to add a song to a playlist and use the "find playlist" feature to narrow my many playlists...I click the playlist I want to add the song to and it adds the song to a totally different playlist

• Regular
  • On the iOS spotify app when I try to add a song to a playlist and use the "find playlist" feature to narrow my many playlists...I click the playlist I want to add the song to and it adds the song to ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Car view not working iPhone 11 Pro after 8.6 update

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone 11 proOperating SystemiOS 14.4 My Question or Issuein the last 2 days my device no longer engages car view when I plug it (via usb) into my 2018 Mazda cx 5. I used this setting all of the time prior. Looks like this oc...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone 11 pro Operating System iOS 14.4   My Question or Issue in the last 2 days my device no longer engages car view when I plug it (via usb) into ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Iphone 11 iOS 14.4.2] Spoty mobile app crash

PlanFreeCountryAUSTRIADeviceIPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14.4.2 My Question or IssueThe mobile app keeps crashing randomly.I already reinstall the app twice.There are no connectivity problem and enough space on the device.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country AUSTRIA Device IPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14.4.2   My Question or Issue The mobile app keeps crashing randomly. I already reinstall the app twice. There are no ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Edit Playlist - iPadOS 12.4 - iPad Air - mobile data 4G - free account

After listening and editing playlist for awhile (an hour maybe), Spotify suddenly banned me from editing the photo one of my playlists. The message said there was no internet connection, yet it allowed me to edit the title and description, and the mu...

• Roadie
  • After listening and editing playlist for awhile (an hour maybe), Spotify suddenly banned me from editing the photo one of my playlists. The message said there was no internet connection, yet it allow...
  • OldGreyWizard
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How to play local files on iphone

PlanFreeCountryUSADevice(iPhone 11. Lenovo school laptopOperating System(iOS 14, Windows 10 My Question or IssueSo I downloaded 18 songs using an mp3 converter to my laptop and I added them to my playlist. I can play them fine on my laptop however I ...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country USA Device (iPhone 11. Lenovo school laptop Operating System (iOS 14, Windows 10   My Question or Issue So I downloaded 18 songs using an mp3 converter to my laptop a...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to Access Music Offline Without Downloading

Hi community! I'm not finding anything about accessing music without downloading when offline. I have plenty of data and hardly ever listen to music without wifi anyway so if I don't have wifi, it's ok to use some data for me. How come I can't access...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi community! I'm not finding anything about accessing music without downloading when offline. I have plenty of data and hardly ever listen to music without wifi anyway so if I don't have wifi, it's ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • accessing music without downloading
    downloading
    offline music
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I turn off this alert?

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.DeviceiPhone 12Operating SystemiOS 14.4.2 My Question or IssueThis alert "connect to a device" always pops up whenever I search up a song and play it, or if I play a song from a different album or playlist. This has been going o...

•   Plan Premium Country U.S. Device iPhone 12 Operating System iOS 14.4.2   My Question or Issue This alert "connect to a device" always pops up whenever I search up a song and pl...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution problemas en iOS 9.3.5 ipod

PlanPremiumCountry ChileDevice(Ipod touch 5, xiaomi redmi note 6, windows)Operating System(iOS 9.3.5, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueTengo un ipod 5 touch que reinicie de fábrica y ahora no puedo instalar spotify. La version de iO...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Chile Device (Ipod touch 5, xiaomi redmi note 6, windows) Operating System (iOS 9.3.5, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Tengo un ip...
  • _FJC_
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Using rewind and fast forward in BMW app

We just got a BMW X3 and want to use Spotify to listen to podcasts. On the iPhone, iPad, etc., we can fast forward and rewind in 15 second intervals but can’t figure out how to do that in the car. Are those functions available?

• We just got a BMW X3 and want to use Spotify to listen to podcasts. On the iPhone, iPad, etc., we can fast forward and rewind in 15 second intervals but can’t figure out how to do that in the car. Ar...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files skipping or not playing at all

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceiPhone 12 Pro MaxOperating SystemiOS 14.4.2 I'm suddenly no longer able to play my local files. They’re not grayed out and they still say they’re downloaded but when I try to shuffle play the playlist they’re all...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States  Device iPhone 12 Pro Max Operating System iOS 14.4.2   I'm suddenly no longer able to play my local files. They’re not grayed out and they ...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Songs Not Adding To Playlists?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 6S Plus My Question or IssueHi, I've been having this issue for a couple of months: there are certain songs that I have added to my playlists but then they never show up or play. I have tried the "add anyway" duplica...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 6S Plus     My Question or Issue Hi,   I've been having this issue for a couple of months: there are certain songs that I have added t...
  • CarlosE
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes