Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Iphone/Mobile History

PlanPremium StudentCountry CanadaDeviceiPhone 6 My Question or Issue Previously i had access to my history on mobile only when using spotify premium, now after resubscribing i dont see the option to view the history. My history does not sync between ...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Student Country  Canada Device iPhone 6  My Question or Issue   Previously i had access to my history on mobile only when using spotify premium, now a...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How can you view play history?

PlanPremium DeviceIpad My Question or IssueHow can you view play history on an Ipad? And why does the back button often just repeat the last song? So annoying.

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium   Device Ipad   My Question or Issue How can you view play history on an Ipad? And why does the back button often just repeat the last song? So annoying. 
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS] Earing Premium Spotify on Speakers with amplifier

HiHow can i ear Premium Spotify in a amplifier like Yamaha. What i saw it´s that top quality it´s not available, only in the phone or PC, Tablet.What can i do to ear a good quality sound with an apmlifier

• Hi How can i ear Premium Spotify in a amplifier like Yamaha. What i saw it´s that top quality it´s not available, only in the phone or PC, Tablet. What can i do to ear a good quality sound with an ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution How to view song history on iOS mobile devices

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: iPhone 7Operating System: latest iOS 14.2Spotify Version: 8.5.86 My Question or IssuePlease bring back the clock icon that was removed from the upper right corner of the home screen so we can easily access our history...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: iPhone 7 Operating System: latest iOS 14.2 Spotify Version: 8.5.86   My Question or Issue Please bring back the clock icon that...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Syncing history between phone and desktop

I have Spotify Premium. And this past weekend I played a bunch of music from my iPhone while I was out of town. Now I'm back, and I'm on my computer, and I can't figure out what it is that I played. My "History" under "Play Queue" only shows tracks t...

• I have Spotify Premium. And this past weekend I played a bunch of music from my iPhone while I was out of town. Now I'm back, and I'm on my computer, and I can't figure out what it is that I played. ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Stuck on "Waiting to download"

Plan PremiumCountry USADevice iPhone XrOperating System 12.3.1 My Question or IssueI have a large-ish playlist that I have set on download on the phone app... so when I add new songs to it on the desktop app or on my iPad, it's supposed to automatica...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan  Premium Country  USA Device  iPhone Xr Operating System  12.3.1   My Question or Issue I have a large-ish playlist that I have set on download on the phone ap...
  • CarlosE
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Release radar not updating

PlanPremiumCountry USA DeviceiPhone 11 proOperating SystemIOS My Question or Issuemy release radar hasn’t updated in over a week.

• Plan Premium Country USA  Device iPhone 11 pro Operating System IOS    My Question or Issue my release radar hasn’t updated in over a week.  
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Stations App has different functions for wife than me. Same account

Hi All, I'm having a weird issue with Spotify Stations app:PlanPremium DuoCountryUSADeviceiPhone XR (hers) Iphone XS (mine)Operating SystemiOS 14 My Question or IssueMy wife and I just got Spotify coming from Pandora so we really like the Stations ap...

• Regular
  • Hi All, I'm having a weird issue with Spotify Stations app: Plan Premium Duo Country USA Device iPhone XR (hers) Iphone XS (mine) Operating System iOS 14   My Question or Issue My wif...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My podcast takes forevet to start playing and stops and starts randomly!

Whenever i play Joe Rogan podcasts it takes forever to begin, and when it starts playing it stops randomly. Sometimes it works, but only after it has stoped and started several times! I also cannot go out of the app, because then it stops for a while...

• Regular
  • Whenever i play Joe Rogan podcasts it takes forever to begin, and when it starts playing it stops randomly. Sometimes it works, but only after it has stoped and started several times! I also cannot g...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Stops playing seconds in

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(iPhone 7)Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or Issue Recently my Spotify has started to stop playing mo...

• Casual Listener
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country UK Device (iPhone 7) Operating System (iOS 10) &n...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Connecting to Puma Trac

Plan PPremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 8 Operating SystemiOS 14.4 My Question or IssueI used to be able to play Spotify through the Puma Trac fitness app, but now it won't stay connected. After I connect I go to start run and select Music app, I check ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan P Premium Country USA  Device iPhone 8  Operating System iOS 14.4   My Question or Issue I used to be able to play Spotify through the Puma Trac fitness app, but now it ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

No Sound when sharing Spotify track to Instagram Stories

Hi there, I'm having an issue where, when I share a song (in the spotify iOS app) to Instagram stories, using the "..." pop-up menu, It shares the artist cover art, title, and canvas on Instagram, but there's no sound! (I've checked volume, app permi...

• Regular
  • Hi there,   I'm having an issue where, when I share a song (in the spotify iOS app) to Instagram stories, using the "..." pop-up menu, It shares the artist cover art, title, and canvas on Inst...
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes
  • Instagram
    no sound
    sharing
    Social
    Stories
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes

Superuser Contribution Album shoutout that stays unless I press it

PlanPremiumMy Question or IssueI opened spotify today after taking a shower and saw this First of all, I paid for premium and turned off new music shoutouts so why is that there? That's not even the worst part, there's no option to cancel it unless I...

image.png
  • Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium My Question or Issue I opened spotify today after taking a shower and saw this   First of all, I paid for premium and turned off new music shoutouts so why is that ...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Issues with iPhone and Ford Sync

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevice(iPhone 12 mini, Ford Sync 4” screen)Operating System(iOS 14.4.1)When my iPhone connects to my car through Ford Sync, Spotify always activates Repeat All by itself. I’ve verified in my car’s settings that Repeat i...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device (iPhone 12 mini, Ford Sync 4” screen) Operating System (iOS 14.4.1) When my iPhone connects to my car through Ford Sync, Spotify always activates Rep...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Ford
    iOS
    repeat
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I disable shuffle?

PremiumAustralia iPhone 11, 14.3Every time I press the start button to start playing an album, it goes back into shuffle mode. Yes I know there are extra steps I can do to turn off shuffle at the point, but it's too late because it's already jumped t...

• Premium Australia   iPhone 11, 14.3 Every time I press the start button to start playing an album, it goes back into shuffle mode. Yes I know there are extra steps I can do to turn off shuff...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify via Apple Carplay transfers audio to Volvo's Spotify in-car-app

PlanPremiumCountrySweden DeviceiPhone XrOperating SystemiOS 14.2 My Question or IssueI have a Volvo V60 (MY2021) with Apple Carplay support in Sensus Connect (infotainment system). When I plug in my iPhone to use Apple Carplay to play Spotify the mus...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Sweden   Device iPhone Xr Operating System iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue I have a Volvo V60 (MY2021) with Apple Carplay support in Sensus Connect (...
  • ppihus
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Can’t share the lyrics to IG story

PlanFamily PremiumCountryThailandDevice(Iphone 11 Pro)Operating System(IOS 14.4) My Question or IssueHi, My issue is that I saw many friends of mine share the lyrics of spotify into their instragram story, and I would like to try it out, too. Hence, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Family Premium Country Thailand Device (Iphone 11 Pro) Operating System (IOS 14.4)     My Question or Issue Hi, My issue is that I saw many friends of mine share the lyrics ...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Song previews

PlanFreeCountry DeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueFor some reason when I play certain songs on the song preview it kicks me out of Spotify. Especially, but not always, new songs. Please help?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country   Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue For some reason when I play certain songs on the song preview it kicks me out of Spotify. Especi...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Queue bug!

PlanPremiumCountryThe NetherlandsDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or Issue When I queue a song it just disappeares. When I queue 2 songs the first queued song is visable but the latest song not. It’s been 5 updates...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country The Netherlands Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue  When I queue a song it just disappeares. When I queue 2 songs the first queued...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • bug
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Issues initializing songs

Device(iPhone X)Operating System(Current iOS ) My Question or Issue: I’’m having issues with songs initializing sometimes when I select them if I’m already listening to music. For example, today I was listening to a playlist I tried to select a song ...

•     Device (iPhone X) Operating System (Current iOS )   My Question or Issue:   I’’m having issues with songs initializing sometimes when I select them if I’m already lis...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes