Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

[iOS][Developer] play songs without having to like or download first

Why is it so difficult to navigate spotify easily, your always changing things...id like to search for a track and play it without having to like, sync, or download it first. Just be user friendly!!!

• Visitor
  • Why is it so difficult to navigate spotify easily, your always changing things...id like to search for a track and play it without having to like, sync, or download it first.  Just be user frie...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Developer
    iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS] How to upload music to iPhone spotify app?

I have Premium Spotify but can't play local files on my phone. Here are the steps I took: On Spotify Desktop1. I went to "Settings" then "Local Files", and turned on "Show Local Files"2. I clicked "Add A Source" and added my desktop folder with mp3 f...

• Visitor
  • I have Premium Spotify but can't play local files on my phone. Here are the steps I took:   On Spotify Desktop 1. I went to "Settings" then "Local Files", and turned on "Show Local Files" 2....
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Apple Watch

PlanFreeCountryEngland DeviceApple Watch series 5Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueWhen will I be able to listen to Spotify from my Apple Watch? I have seen that some people have been given the rollout to lis...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country England  Device Apple Watch series 5 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue When will I be able to listen to Spotif...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Apple Watch
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Other] Sharp distortion between songs

I am using a Macbook Air. I generally don't have any problems connecting to my other Bluetooth speakers, but when I connect my computer to my Bluetooth receiver in my home entertainment system between songs I always hear a sharp distortion almost lik...

• Visitor
  • I am using a Macbook Air. I generally don't have any problems connecting to my other Bluetooth speakers, but when I connect my computer to my Bluetooth receiver in my home entertainment system betwee...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect and HT-RT5

Looks like the last update broke the connection to my Sony HT-RT5.Used to work previous to the update. same applies to Android. Tested yesterday and all good. Updated the app and not working anymore.iOS devices have access to the local network. iPhon...

• Looks like the last update broke the connection to my Sony HT-RT5. Used to work previous to the update.   same applies to Android. Tested yesterday and all good. Updated the app and not worki...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Autoplay is not working

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14.3 My Question or IssueAutoplay is not working for me on my phone. I deleted and redownloaded the app. Turned autoplay on and off. And I logged out and back in. It’s still not working. Can you...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14.3   My Question or Issue Autoplay is not working for me on my phone. I deleted and redownloaded the app. Turned autopl...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps crashing.

PlanPremiumCountry AustraliaDeviceiPhone 8 PlusOperating SystemiOS 14.3 My Question or Issue The app will not let me even play half a song without crashing. I have logged in and out, updated, uninstalled and reinstalled, and even updated my iOS. It w...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device iPhone 8 Plus Operating System iOS 14.3   My Question or Issue The app will not let me even play half a song without crashing. I have logged in ...
  • CarlosE
  • 30 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 30 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify crashing while connected to Bluetooth

PlanFreeCountryUSA Device(iPhone XROperating System(iOS 14.3 My Question or IssueWhen I listen on my iPhone XR with Bluetooth earbuds connected, Spotify crashes anywhere from 2-15 minutes after starting. I tried 2 separate clean installs and it didn'...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country USA   Device (iPhone XR Operating System (iOS 14.3    My Question or Issue When I listen on my iPhone XR with Bluetooth earbuds connected, Spotify ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Playlist Link not working on mobile when opened in another app

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceIphone XSOperating SystemiOS14 My Question or IssueI have a playlist I have been trying to share with friends and on some places on the internet. When I post the link to the playlist if the user is on mobile and has the app ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Iphone XS Operating System iOS14    My Question or Issue I have a playlist I have been trying to share with friends and on some places on the intern...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS] App Constantly crashes

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone 7sOperating SystemiOS 14.2 My Question or IssueOver the last couple days I've been noticing as I've been listening to music the app with freeze suddenly and crash. It does this several times a day and gets very fr...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone 7s Operating System iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue Over the last couple days I've been noticing as I've been listening to music the app with ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    Crash
    iOS 12.4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Battery Draining and sometimes crashing

.PremiumCountry DeviceiPhone 11Operating System My Question or IssueAs title says. It mostly happens when i’m offline. Ive tried a clean reinstall, signed in and out about 6 times. Ive tried near enough everything. Has anyone else got this problem or...

• Music Fan
  • . Premium Country   Device iPhone 11 Operating System   My Question or Issue As title says.    It mostly happens when i’m offline.    Ive tried a clean rein...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotifies simultaneous audio-out (Airplay and HDMI) on Apple TV 4K broken?

Hi, justed wanted to start using Spotify on my Apple TV 4K by sending audio out via HDMI and Airplay. While this does work with other Apps on the ATV, it seems that Spotify is broken in that regard. I tried it with both options we got: a) running Spo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   justed wanted to start using Spotify on my Apple TV 4K by sending audio out via HDMI and Airplay.   While this does work with other Apps on the ATV, it seems that Spotify is broke...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Problem with Shazam Playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone 7, Macbook Pro 2015 )Operating System(iOS 14.3 ) My Question or IssueI think my issue is similar to many people, my Shazam Playlist does not update. For example 1 out of 10 songs would come up. I have around 450 son...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device (iPhone 7, Macbook Pro 2015 ) Operating System (iOS 14.3 )   My Question or Issue I think my issue is similar to many people, my Shazam Playlist does no...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files won't download on IOS

PlanFamily PremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 14.2 I got a new computer recently (Windows 10) and I wanted to redownload my local files to my iPhone. I have tried everything and nothing will work. I feel like I have been on every foru...

• Regular
  • Plan Family Premium Country USA Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 14.2   I got a new computer recently (Windows 10) and I wanted to redownload my local files to my iPhone. I have tri...
  • CarlosE
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS 14
    local files issues
    local files not syncing
    local files on iphone
    Windows 10
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify crashes

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 13.5.1 My Question or IssueEvery evening I go into airplane mode and I set a sleep timer for audio books/music. After exactly 1:10 the app crashes. When I start it again and just hit the play button, the t...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 13.5.1   My Question or Issue Every evening I go into airplane mode and I set a sleep timer for audio books/music. After exactly 1:10 th...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Connect] SPOTIFY APP ON GALAXY WATCH ACTIVE 2 IS NOT OPENING AFTER LOGGING IN (IPHONE USER)

I TRIED BOTH METHODS: AUTOMATICALLY RECOGNIZED THE ACCOUNT ASSOCIATED WITH MY PHONE AND THE PAIRING CODE. BOTH WAYS ENDS WITH A LOADING BLUE AND GREEN CIRCLE SPINNING. SPOTIFY REALLY SHOULD PUT MORE EFFORT ON WEARABLES APPS. I REALLY LOVE SPOTIFY, BU...

• Casual Listener
  • I TRIED BOTH METHODS: AUTOMATICALLY RECOGNIZED THE ACCOUNT ASSOCIATED WITH MY PHONE AND THE PAIRING CODE. BOTH WAYS ENDS WITH A LOADING BLUE AND GREEN CIRCLE SPINNING.   SPOTIFY REALLY SHOULD ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Connect
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify stops working on AirPods - Apple Music is fine

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS14.3 My Question or IssueRecently, whenever I listen to Spotify through my Apple AirPods and the screen locks, Spotify stops playing after 10seconds. There is no issue at all with Apple...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS14.3   My Question or Issue Recently, whenever I listen to Spotify through my Apple AirPods and the screen locks...
  • Bibble100
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast will only play the latest episode on IPhone XR

Hi, I have Spotify Premium on Iphone XR.I am trying to listed to shagged, married, annoyed and haven't listened for a while so wanted to carry on listening episode 45.It doesn't matter which episode I select, it plays the one from Jan 2021, even thou...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have Spotify Premium on Iphone XR. I am trying to listed to shagged, married, annoyed and haven't listened for a while so wanted to carry on listening episode 45. It doesn't matter w...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • episodes
    iOS
    podcast
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Incorrect Number of Songs

DeviceiPhone 12Operating SystemiOS 14 My Question or Issue The number of songs in "Liked Songs" is incorrect. When you have 99 songs and like one more song, the total number will be 101 instead of 100.

• Casual Listener
  • Device iPhone 12 Operating System iOS 14   My Question or Issue   The number of songs in "Liked Songs" is incorrect. When you have 99 songs and like one more song, the total number w...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify no funciona con datos

PlanPremium DuoCountryColombiaDeviceiPhone 8 PlusOperating SystemiOS 12.4.1 Spotify en el celular de mi esposaa solo funciona cuando esta conectado a wifi y cuando se pasa a datos aparece “conectando” todo el tiempo; además las páginas de Spotify y l...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Duo Country Colombia Device iPhone 8 Plus Operating System iOS 12.4.1   Spotify en el celular de mi esposaa solo funciona cuando esta conectado a wifi y cuando se pasa a da...
  • CarlosE
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes