Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps pausing songs

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 13.6 My Question or IssueSpotify keeps pausing songs when they're playing - which is really annoying. I've logged in and out of the app, I've deinstalled and reinstalled the app from the app store...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country UK Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 13.6   My Question or Issue Spotify keeps pausing songs when they're playing - which is really annoying. I've logge...
  • Eni
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Control screen minimizes after choosing next song

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlands DeviceiPhone XS Operating SystemIOS 14.2 My Question or IssueIf I’m listening on a remote device and I use my iphone as a remote, the control screen won’t stay full screen after I select next song. Instead it minimizes. ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands    Device iPhone XS  Operating System IOS 14.2   My Question or Issue If I’m listening on a remote device and I use my iphone as a remo...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files don't show up on iPhone SE 2020

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone SE 2020 Even since I got my iPhone SE 2020, local files are not showing up in Spotify on the iPhone. I did not have this problem with my previous phone, which was an iPhone 5. I've seen solutions which suggest a Sett...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone SE 2020   Even since I got my iPhone SE 2020, local files are not showing up in Spotify on the iPhone.  I did not have this problem with my pre...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Pauses randomly

Premium, Sweden, iPhone 12, MBA 2020, Sonos speakers (mostly use the Spotify connect of convenience, even though sonos own app seem more reliable). I recently (maybe some month ago) started experiencing random pausing in Spotify when playing music. I...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium, Sweden, iPhone 12, MBA 2020, Sonos speakers (mostly use the Spotify connect of convenience, even though sonos own app seem more reliable).   I recently (maybe some month ago) started ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Other] My home screen isn’t showing recommendations

I had Spotify free on an email address then I signed up for Spotify duo premium with a new address... on the free account I got awesome recommendations classic rock and now on the premium account the home screen is static and shows me playlists that ...

• Visitor
  • I had Spotify free on an email address then I signed up for Spotify duo premium with a new address... on the free account I got awesome recommendations classic rock and now on the premium account the...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Nearly everything has broken

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPad Mini 4Operating SystemiPadOS 14.3 My Question or IssueNearly everything that this app once previously did without issue is beginning to cease function and sometimes even perform the opposite of its intention. All my...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPad Mini 4 Operating System iPadOS 14.3   My Question or Issue Nearly everything that this app once previously did without issue is beginning to c...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect works poorly with Yamaha Music Cast

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 14.2 My Question or IssueSo my Yamaha WXA-50 started having issues playing with Spotify connect just recently. It worked fine for years but now every input is very delayed or not registered at...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue So my Yamaha WXA-50 started having issues playing with Spotify connect just recently. ...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • musiccast
    Yamaha
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

[iOS][Podcasts] How can I get only Podcasts to play after I play 1 podcast instead of songs playing?

I am following a bunch of podcasts and am hoping to use Spotify instead of the Podcasts app on my iPhone. However currently if I play a podcast, songs start playing after. Is there any way to get the next podcast on the Podcast list to play or do I h...

• Casual Listener
  • I am following a bunch of podcasts and am hoping to use Spotify instead of the Podcasts app on my iPhone.   However currently if I play a podcast, songs start playing after.    Is ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Podcasts
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[IOS] Spotify Crashing

IOS 14.2Iphone XSINGAPOREPremiumSpotify version 8.5.86.739My spotify has also been crashing for the past week. It would crash halfway throughout the song, meaning the entire app shuts down and im back to the homepage. When i re enter spotify, the son...

• Casual Listener
  •   IOS 14.2 Iphone X SINGAPORE Premium Spotify version 8.5.86.739 My spotify has also been crashing for the past week. It would crash halfway throughout the song, meaning the entire app shu...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics not working

PlanPremiumCountryEcuadorDeviceIphone 11Operating SystemiOS 14.2 My Question or IssueI've had a premium account for years, I have a family plan so there's six of us in the same plan, each of us has a separate account. The lyrics have NEVER worked in ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Ecuador Device Iphone 11 Operating System iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue I've had a premium account for years, I have a family plan so there's six of us in the sa...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iOS player keeps shutting down

PlanFreeCountryUSADevice(iPhone 11)Operating System(iOS 14.3)My Question or Issueso when I start playing a song after a 30 seconds the app shuts down and the song stops so I have to go back to the app and turn the song on again and again. I already t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country USA Device (iPhone 11) Operating System (iOS 14.3) My Question or Issue so when I start playing a song after a 30 seconds the app shuts down and the song stops so I have to...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Serious Bug: iPhone suddenly stops playing and switches to FireFox WebPlayer and also switches songs

Every few songs, my Spotify will switch to a random song in a random album or playlist and notify me Spotify is now playing through Firefox web player. I do not use Spotify on Firefox and do not listen to the type of music it selects. I am 99% sure t...

• Every few songs, my Spotify will switch to a random song in a random album or playlist and notify me Spotify is now playing through Firefox web player. I do not use Spotify on Firefox and do not list...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution [ios] Spotify gets closed by iOS when you play songs in offline mode and put the App in background

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14.3 My Question or Issue1. Download an album2. switch to offline mode3. play the album (ie first song) 4. stay in app, keep it in foreground for 3 minutesactual -> playback is fine5. restar...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14.3   My Question or Issue 1. Download an album 2. switch to offline mode 3. play the album (ie first song...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App Keeps Crashing

DeviceiPhone XR Operating SystemiOS 14.2 PlanPremium CountryCanada My IssueUsually about halfway through listening to music on my Spotify app the app will crash. This has been a problem for months now. I would delete the app and reinstall it like mos...

• Casual Listener
  • Device iPhone XR   Operating System iOS 14.2   Plan Premium   Country Canada   My Issue Usually about halfway through listening to music on my Spotify app the app wil...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] AUTOPLAY

Since you changed things recently, now Autoplay no longer works!Come on guys. There was nothing wrong with the way everything worked a week or so ago!!I'm on Premium - have been for years, but am seriously considering cancelling.

• Casual Listener
  • Since you changed things recently, now Autoplay no longer works! Come on guys. There was nothing wrong with the way everything worked a week or so ago!! I'm on Premium - have been for years, but am...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Joe Rogan Experience not available in Egypt?

PlanFreeCountryEgyptDevice(iPhone XS, iPad Pro)Operating System(iOS 14.2) My Question or IssueI live in Egypt and have been trying by all means to continue watching the Joe Rogan Experience after the move to Spotify. I can reach the content on my Mac...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Egypt Device (iPhone XS, iPad Pro) Operating System (iOS 14.2)   My Question or Issue I live in Egypt and have been trying by all means to continue watching the J...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Egypt
    joe rogan
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Browse] I can’t listen to any artist

When I go to the artists page and play listen it wont work, I can’t even listen to their albums. The only thing that work is when I listen to it from random playlist. I tried it with many artists and it don’t work.I don’t understand because ads works...

• Visitor
  • When I go to the artists page and play listen it wont work, I can’t even listen to their albums.   The only thing that work is when I listen to it from random playlist. I tried it with many ar...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Browse
    iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won’t play one specific artist

PlanFreeCountryUSA Device(iPhone XR)Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or Issue For about two months now, Spotify has refused to play one specific artist. It seems to play anyone else. I have had to completely delete and redownload the app every si...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country USA   Device (iPhone XR) Operating System (iOS 10)   My Question or Issue   For about two months now, Spotify has refused to play one specific artist. It ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] app randomly crashes during playback

PlanPremiumCountryEUDevice(iPhone XS, iOS 14.2) My Question or Issuemy iOS app upon starting a song often, but not always, will stop playing after random intervals. When this happens the now playing field on my lock screen shows nothing (see screensh...

nowplaying.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country EU Device (iPhone XS, iOS 14.2)   My Question or Issue my iOS app upon starting a song often, but not always, will stop playing after random intervals. When this hap...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Crash
    iOS
    stop playback
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes