Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

View wrapped stats from previous years?

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone 11My Question or IssueI have been trying to view my Spotify Wrapped stats from previous years (2019,2018,207...) but the only thing that comes up it the “top songs” playlists of that year. Is there any way I can v...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone 11 My Question or Issue I have been trying to view my Spotify Wrapped stats from previous years (2019,2018,207...) but the only thing that comes up it...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 34 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution I can't add an album into the right folder ant longer on iOS

Spotify Premium in the UK using iPhone XR Until recently I could save an album from my library into a folder by simply going to Add To Playlist, going to the correct folder you wanted to place it in and click "new playlist", give it a name and it wou...

• Regular
  • Spotify Premium in the UK using iPhone XR   Until recently I could save an album from my library into a folder by simply going to Add To Playlist, going to the correct folder you wan...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Albums
    Folder Playlist
    folders
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Quality issues across devices

iPhone 11 Pro MaxiPad ProSony MDR1000X & Apple AirPods ProSpotify Premium I have major sound quality issues across my devices. The sound quality on my iPhone is lifeless and the iPad is mind blowing. Both devices have exactly the same settings. I’ve ...

• Regular
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max iPad Pro Sony MDR1000X & Apple AirPods Pro Spotify Premium     I have major sound quality issues across my devices. The sound quality on my iPhone is lifeless an...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Local files with Apple TV

PlanPremium DeviceApple TV 4K Operating SystemtvOS 14.2 My Question or IssueHello. Is it possible to play local files with Apple TV? On iPhone you can download them through playlist, but I cannot find such feature on Apple TV and it's also failing on...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   Device Apple TV 4K   Operating System tvOS 14.2   My Question or Issue Hello. Is it possible to play local files with Apple TV? On iPhone you can download them...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify crashes on Carplay after reconnect - Audio doesn't play.

Using the latest spotify on iPhone 11 XS Max. When the car is switched off and on and carplay reconnects, many times spotify audio output crashes and songs play without sound. If I do the same with Apple Music, sound is played properly and Apple Musi...

• Regular
  • Using the latest spotify on iPhone 11 XS Max.   When the car is switched off and on and carplay reconnects, many times spotify audio output crashes and songs play without sound. If I do the sa...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Carplay
    no sound
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My wrapped not appearing in Wrapped 2020

PlanStudent PremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 12 Pro My Question or Issue My stats are not appearing in the Wrapped 2020 tab. Spotify claims to have fixed this for everyone, but they clearly have not.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Student Premium Country USA   Device iPhone 12 Pro   My Question or Issue   My stats are not appearing in the Wrapped 2020 tab. Spotify claims to have fixed this for eve...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Iphone 2020 Wrapped view personal stats

PlanPremiumCountry Device(iPhone SE)Operating System(iOS 10.3.1)Spotify Version8.5.28.1046 My Question or IssueI can only see the playlists. Do I need to update to ios 14.2 to access the personal stats (top song etc.)?

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device (iPhone SE) Operating System (iOS 10.3.1) Spotify Version 8.5.28.1046   My Question or Issue I can only see the playlists. Do I need t...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Wrapped 2020 Still Not Appearing

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone XsOperating SystemiOS 14.2 My Question or IssueSpotify Wrapped still won’t show up, even though it has been claimed to be fixed. I’ve tried updating, but my app is up to date. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled,...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Free Country United States Device iPhone Xs Operating System iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue Spotify Wrapped still won’t show up, even though it has been claimed to be fix...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Queue issues on iOS

Been having this issue for several months, across several iOS versions. The issue has two flavors.... 1. When adding songs to the queue, only the last song actually gets added. You add ten songs, check the q, and only the last song is in the queue. F...

• Roadie
  • Been having this issue for several months, across several iOS versions. The issue has two flavors....   1. When adding songs to the queue, only the last song actually gets added.  You add...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App keeps crashing even after update

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 14.1 My Question or IssueMy app has been crashing after 5-6 uses and I’m constantly deleting and reinstalling it at LEAST once a day. This has been happening with the last update before...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 14.1   My Question or Issue My app has been crashing after 5-6 uses and I’m constantly deleting and reinstalling...
  • Elena
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files without Desktop

Plan/PremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceIPAD Air 4Operating Systemipad os 14(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI’ve a library of MP3’s I’d like to be able to play through Spotify. Is there a way I can import them without using a de...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan /Premium Country Australia Device IPAD Air 4 Operating System ipad os 14 (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I’ve a library of MP3’s I’d like to b...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify "made for you" playlists not having a shuffle play option

Why do my "made for you" playlists (Ex. Wrapped, time capsule) not have a shuffle play option? Even if I already have shuffle on, hitting play or selecting a song turns off shuffle. Why? Every other playlist (my playlist, artist's playlists, This is ...

• Casual Listener
  • Why do my "made for you" playlists (Ex. Wrapped, time capsule) not have a shuffle play option? Even if I already have shuffle on, hitting play or selecting a song turns off shuffle. Why? Every other ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify won't recognise IOS 14 update and won't re instal

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceIphone 8Operating System14.1 My Question or Issueupgraded iPhone to IOS 14, Spotify won't re instal stating the phone needs to be on IOS 12 or higher

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK   Device Iphone 8 Operating System 14.1   My Question or Issue upgraded iPhone to IOS 14, Spotify won't re instal stating the phone needs to be on IOS 12 ...
  • TW64
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Shuffle/Play Button on Ipad Air does not work

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPad AirOperating SystemiOS 12.4.9Spotify App8.5.86.73 My Question or IssueMy Playlists are all on shuffle play mode. If I tap on the Symbol it does not change to normal play mode. I tried different times on different p...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPad Air Operating System iOS 12.4.9 Spotify App 8.5.86.73   My Question or Issue My Playlists are all on shuffle play mode. If I tap on t...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Hidden tracks on playlists on ipad

I find hiding tracks on Spotify curated playlists does NOT stop the track playing. Why? What is the point of “hidden”? PlanPremiumCountryUKIpad Air 4th GenIOS 14

• Visitor
  • I find hiding tracks on Spotify curated playlists does NOT stop the track playing. Why? What is the point of “hidden”?   Plan Premium Country UK Ipad Air 4th Gen IOS 14  
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrapped Story Not Opening

Massive F-you to whoever labeled this problem as fixed. It isn’t. Not looking for any solutions other than a dev response. Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Massive F-you to whoever labeled this problem as fixed. It isn’t.   Not looking for any solutions other than a dev response. Thanks!  
  • ig8yugyuihiu
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Constant Crashes Every Song iPhone 6s

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 14.2 My Question or IssueI use an old secondary phone 6s for music in my car because I like having an AUX cord to plug in. I use the download feature for my playlist so I can listen on the road w...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue I use an old secondary phone 6s for music in my car because I like having an AUX cord to plug ...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

[iOS][Browse] Bring back the old daily mix cover art

I noticed today that in I longer have numbered daily mixes that show the list of artists used to create the mix from the Home Screen, and instead have daily mixes in a daily mix carousel that are named after specific artists, and require me to view t...

• Visitor
  • I noticed today that in I longer have numbered daily mixes that show the list of artists used to create the mix from the Home Screen, and instead have daily mixes in a daily mix carousel that are nam...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Browse
    iOS
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify freezing only my playlist in ios14.2

My Question or Issue: ı open spotify and log ın my playlist after ı go to my playlist end and spotify is very freezing, ı try reinstall but it was not worked. this problem is in only my playlist. this problem begin last updates 8.5.86. please help Pl...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue: ı open spotify and log ın my playlist after ı go to my playlist end and spotify is very freezing, ı try reinstall but it was not worked. this problem is in only my playlist. thi...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Artist Profile shuffle not working

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceIPhone 12 ProOperating SystemIOS 14.2.1 My Question or IssueAs I go to search up the artist and click the green button to shuffle the artists his profile the button does nothing. No music plays nor does music load up. Tryi...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device IPhone 12 Pro Operating System IOS 14.2.1   My Question or Issue As I go to search up the artist and click the green button to shuffle the artis...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes