Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! Battery problem on iPhone 7

I run Spotify App on my iPhone 7 (iOs 14.2) every morning, after a complete cycle recharge during the night. The iPhone is always in airplane mode with bluetooth on (no headphones connected, I connect them in a second moment). I select a track from m...

• Visitor
  • I run Spotify App on my iPhone 7 (iOs 14.2) every morning, after a complete cycle recharge during the night. The iPhone is always in airplane mode with bluetooth on (no headphones connected, I connec...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [All Platforms] Changing User Profile Background Colors

Just added this post to idea suggestions, feel free to help me out by clicking here. When using Spotify, you can change your profile but not the color in the background, You might have brown, blue or purple. I currently have brown as my background co...

• Music Fan
  • Just added this post to idea suggestions, feel free to help me out by clicking here.   When using Spotify, you can change your profile but not the color in the background, You might have brown...
  • Un1c0rn
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 14 likes
  • background
    colors
    Idea Exchange
    Ideas
  • 2 replies
  • 14 likes

How to play music from headphone at Apple Watch?

How do you play music from headphone via Apple Watch bluetooth connection?I have Apple Watch 5 cellular with WatchOS6 and free Spotify. I have mobile data.

• Casual Listener
  • How do you play music from headphone via Apple Watch bluetooth connection? I have Apple Watch 5 cellular with WatchOS6 and free Spotify. I have mobile data.
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Feature request: option to permanently deactivate shuffle + repeat

I never want to use shuffle or repeat, I want to select an album, listen to the album, select a different album etc. My shuffle and repeat options are being activated often and randomly, I think this is related to the bluetooth connection to my car s...

• Regular
  • I never want to use shuffle or repeat, I want to select an album, listen to the album, select a different album etc.   My shuffle and repeat options are being activated often and randomly, I t...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Audio quality question

If I change the audio quality setting for download, does it update the songs I've already downloaded? I've changed it to a higher setting in this particular case. If not, how can I update this manually?Thanks!Arthur

• Casual Listener
  • If I change the audio quality setting for download, does it update the songs I've already downloaded? I've changed it to a higher setting in this particular case. If not, how can I update this manual...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple TV - How to make shuffle the default?

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceAppleTV 4kOperating Systemtvos13 My Question or IssueHow do I set shuffle play as default on apple tv? Every time I play music on tv I have to manually enable it.

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device AppleTV 4k Operating System tvos13   My Question or Issue How do I set shuffle play as default on apple tv? Every time I play music on tv I have...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • AppleTV
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution iOS app not gapless

Previously gapless playback has worked for long time but now that I've played couple live-albums, unfornately it seems that there's some little gap between songs.Can you please check and see what is causing this error? PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevice...

• Roadie
  • Previously gapless playback has worked for long time but now that I've played couple live-albums, unfornately it seems that there's some little gap between songs. Can you please check and see what i...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution home and Browse pages KO, search, radio and mylibrary OK

PremiumBelgiumiPad 1, iOS 9.3.5 (13G36), yes still in use Spotify 8.4.62.490 Hello,no changes from my part, but since last monday home and browse pages are unavailable (''une erreur s'est produite, réessayer', 'page introuvable, désolé la page que vo...

• Visitor
  • Premium Belgium iPad 1, iOS 9.3.5 (13G36), yes still in use 🙂 Spotify 8.4.62.490   Hello, no changes from my part, but since last monday home and browse pages are unavailable (''une erreu...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

[iOS][Playlists] Remove playlist cover image

I have recently changed the cover image for one of my playlists, however, I would like to remove it so it is changed back to the original album art that Spotify automatically choses when you create the playlist. I have had a look and there's no optio...

• Visitor
  • I have recently changed the cover image for one of my playlists, however, I would like to remove it so it is changed back to the original album art that Spotify automatically choses when you create t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Broken app

PlanPremiumCountryNew Zealand Device(IPhone xr Operating System(iOS 14.2 My Question or Issue after reading through the posts about the latest update causing very unstable instances of the app and all the responses about a clean re instal, perms and ...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country New Zealand  Device (IPhone xr  Operating System (iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue   after reading through the posts about the latest update...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify app crashing

Plan: PremiumCountry:CanadaDevice: IPhone 7 PlusOperating System: iOS 14.2 My Question or IssueI just recently switched from Apple Music to Spotify premium, and I really enjoy it. It’s a way better set up. But whenever I try to play the music that’s ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan: Premium Country:Canada Device: IPhone 7 Plus Operating System: iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue I just recently switched from Apple Music to Spotify premium, and I really...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Battery Drain in iOS 14

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 12 miniOperating SystemiOS 14 My Question or IssueWhen using Spotify on airplane mode with AirPods Pro, I experienced massive battery drain. No other apps were active during this time, and I did not experience simila...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 12 mini Operating System iOS 14   My Question or Issue When using Spotify on airplane mode with AirPods Pro, I experienced massive battery dr...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local FIles not Syncing

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemComputer is a windows 10 My Question or IssueI have spotify premium and wanted to sync a song from youtube to my phone. i downloaded the mp3 of that song on my computer and added it to a playlist li...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 11 Operating System Computer is a windows 10   My Question or Issue I have spotify premium and wanted to sync a song from youtube to my p...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution New episodes does not show in list

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceiphone XROperating Systemios 14.1 My Question or IssueNew episodes does show up in my list of podcasts in the "Episodes" tab. However they show if I go to the "program" tab. Also if I close the app and restart they show ...

•   Plan Premium Country Sweden Device iphone XR Operating System ios 14.1   My Question or Issue New episodes does show up in my list of podcasts in the "Episodes" tab. However th...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS/iPhone] Spotify app displayed completely broken

Spotify Premium Family DeviceiPhone 11 128GBOperating SystemiOS 14.2 (18B92)Spotify 8.5.84.680 My Issue- I'm listing to music from Spotify app (Spotify app is in foreground) through my car headunit (A2DP bluetooth)- I lock iPhone (display goes off)- ...

IMG_8250.PNG IMG_8251.PNG
  • Music Fan
  • Spotify Premium Family   Device iPhone 11 128GB Operating System iOS 14.2 (18B92) Spotify 8.5.84.680   My Issue - I'm listing to music from Spotify app (Spotify app is in foregroun...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify still uses cellular data even when ticked off

PlanPremiumCountrycanadaDevice11 pro maxOperating Systemios 14.2 My Question or IssueTo save data, I have spotify turned off under cellular settings so that it wouldn't use data. I didn't have any problem with this before until when I checked my data...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country canada Device 11 pro max Operating System ios 14.2   My Question or Issue To save data, I have spotify turned off under cellular settings so that it wouldn't use d...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify crashes when my phone is locked

PlanpremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceiphone 7Operating Systemios 14.2 My Question or Issuespotify keeps suddenly crashing when i lock my phone after i've selected a song/playlist/podcast and it's really annoying. can anyone please help?

• Plan premium Country Netherlands Device iphone 7 Operating System ios 14.2   My Question or Issue spotify keeps suddenly crashing when i lock my phone after i've selected a song/playli...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won’t let me play music when not on the app.

Since last Sunday, my Spotify wont play any music longer than about a minute and a half when off the app. My phone will start to overheat when the app isn’t open and then just stop playing music, I haven’t had this issue with anything else on my phon...

• Visitor
  • Since last Sunday, my Spotify wont play any music longer than about a minute and a half when off the app. My phone will start to overheat when the app isn’t open and then just stop playing music, I h...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution canvas feature gone

Canvas disappeared from my account and i don’t know how to take it back, my account is in the latest version, i just want to solve the problem because i love this app and i want to enjoy everything it can offer to me. I am running it up to date what ...

• Visitor
  • Canvas disappeared from my account and i don’t know how to take it back, my account is in the latest version, i just want to solve the problem because i love this app and i want to enjoy everything i...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

False advertisement 30 min no ad doesn’t work

I have been a Spotify user for nine years now. Their no ad for 30 mins is a great idea but it hasn’t worked for years now. (No I don’t click off the ad or click “no, thanks”. Also, this has happened over several devices over the past few years) for a...

• Visitor
  • I have been a Spotify user for nine years now.  Their no ad for 30 mins is a great idea but it hasn’t worked for years now. (No I don’t click off the ad or click “no, thanks”. Also, this ha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes