Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Automatically Skipping Every Other Song

Since the 8.5.80 update, the app has been skipping songs. Instead of playing the songs in the order of the queue, it will always skip exactly one song.Plan PremiumCountry United StatesDevice iPhone XR

• Visitor
  • Since the 8.5.80 update, the app has been skipping songs. Instead of playing the songs in the order of the queue, it will always skip exactly one song. Plan   Premium Country   United S...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify doesnt play next song in my search bar

Hi! Whenever i search something in the search bar and play the song at the top of the list the rest of the song wont start and isnt in the queue. I have spotify premium in Sweden on an iphone 6s and my friend with iphone 8 has the same issue. We have...

• Hi! Whenever i search something in the search bar and play the song at the top of the list the rest of the song wont start and isnt in the queue. I have spotify premium in Sweden on an iphone 6s and ...
  • MBnk
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes

When I’m playing my music with my headphone, it keeps switching to web player ( firefox)

I do not have any web player (Firefox) for Spotify being on . PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone XR Operating System IOS 14 My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  •   I do not have any web player (Firefox) for Spotify being on .    Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone XR  Operating System  IOS 14    My Question...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music keeps pausing

Hello! My name is Grace, Heres the info before I get into the problem. My country is America, I'm on the premium plan, I have a IPhone 6s (I believe), I think that has iOS too.Okay so I'm not sure if this is because of Spotify but why not ask right? ...

• Visitor
  • Hello! My name is Grace, Heres the info before I get into the problem. My country is America, I'm on the premium plan, I have a IPhone 6s (I believe), I think that has iOS too. Okay so I'm not sure ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can’t play certain explicit songs

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceIPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueI have explicit content enabled, and certain explicit songs still don’t play. I don’t get why this is happening. I can play most explicit songs on Spotify. But some songs...

•   Plan Premium Country  USA Device IPhone 6s Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue I have explicit content enabled, and certain explicit songs still don’t play. I d...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Clear recently played

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/How-can-I-clear-my-recently-played/m-p/4785233#M114850The 'solution' in the linked issue does not work.I want to clear my recently played list on home screen. Even if I use the desktop app to remove so...

• Casual Listener
  • https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/How-can-I-clear-my-recently-played/m-p/4785233#M114850 The 'solution' in the linked issue does not work. I want to clear my recently played list on ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

App disconnects from Sonos speaker every time I open the app

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issueso I connect my phone to to speaker through the iPhone app & every time I leave the app the m...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue so I co...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Playlist plays in shuffle mode even when I click on a track

As of the last few days playlists now always play in shuffle mode even when I just click on a track - instead of it playing the next track below and so on. Is this a bug or an update? Doesn't make sense if it's an update as you can no longer play one...

• Casual Listener
  • As of the last few days playlists now always play in shuffle mode even when I just click on a track - instead of it playing the next track below and so on. Is this a bug or an update? Doesn't make se...
  • 10tullj
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Widget !!

is Spotify going to release widget soon or no?i really want a Spotify widget as soon as possible but i dont know when they will release it , anyone know ?

• Casual Listener
  • is Spotify going to release  widget soon or no? i really want a Spotify widget as soon as possible but i dont know when they will release it , anyone know ?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why does my current song restart when I close the app

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueWhy the heck does it do this.

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Why the...
  • Elena
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My app is broken, wouldn’t connect and now can’t log in

My app stopped connecting at all, so I deleted it and re downloaded and I now can’t log in, this only happens on my phone and I have triple checked both my usernames and passwords. It also doesn’t let me log in with Facebook PlanPremiumDeviceiphone 6...

• Visitor
  • My app stopped connecting at all, so I deleted it and re downloaded and I now can’t log in, this only happens on my phone and I have triple checked both my usernames and passwords. It also doesn’t le...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lock Screen - Add to Liked Songs

Plan - PremiumCountry - USDevice - iPhone SEOperating System iOS 13.3.1My Question or IssueThere are 2 different lock screens when listening to Spotify. One has the forward and back controls, the other has 3 lines that allow you to like or not like a...

• Visitor
  •   Plan - Premium Country - US Device - iPhone SE Operating System iOS 13.3.1 My Question or Issue There are 2 different lock screens when listening to Spotify.  One has the forwa...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Bug: Remove duplicate song removes the not selected one

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 13.3.1 app version 8.5.50.910 My Question or IssueIf I have two duplicate songs in a playlist and removes one, the other is the one getting removed. In the attached gif I try to remove the to...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 13.3.1 app version 8.5.50.910   My Question or Issue If I have two duplicate songs in a playlist and removes one, the ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Settings menu missing

After the latest update of Spotify (Jan 31) I cant use the Settings menu on my iPhone 4S. I cant scroll down to Settings - I kind of rolls up again and I cant choose the menu. I´ve uninstalled and installed Spotify 3 times now and it only solves the ...

• Gig Goer
  • After the latest update of Spotify (Jan 31) I cant use the Settings menu on my iPhone 4S. I cant scroll down to Settings - I kind of rolls up again and I cant choose the menu. I´ve uninstalled and ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Found a method of using Spotify Web Player on IPad.

Just been using the regular iPad Spotify app but was frustrated that I couldn't view my play queueTried to launch Spotify web player but it needs "Flash" (not available on iOS devices)Opened "Puffin" web browser (remote browser that allows flash apps...

• Regular
  • Just been using the regular iPad Spotify app but was frustrated that I couldn't view my play queue Tried to launch Spotify web player but it needs "Flash" (not available on iOS devices) Opened "Puf...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • flash
    iOS
    Web Player
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

App won’t download

 Issue: Hi! I previously had the app on my iPhone 7 and it undownloaded (probably to save space). I tried multiple times but the app would quit at the installing phase. I tried to delete the app and redownload from the App Store but then it didn’t ev...

FF9F36B8-E647-4680-BB62-5E46ADA1749D.png
  • Visitor
  •   Issue:   Hi! I previously had the app on my iPhone 7 and it undownloaded (probably to save space). I tried multiple times but the app would quit at the installing phase. I tried to delete t...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iPad 10.2 wrong Format for screen

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceiPad 10.2Operating SystemiPad os14 My Question or IssueWhen using the app on iPad 10.2, the “scrollable” area on the right sight (Where the content of a playlist is) is too thin. I think it’s the difference between scr...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany  Device iPad 10.2 Operating System iPad os14   My Question or Issue When using the app on iPad 10.2, the “scrollable” area on the right sight ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution How do I clear my entire queue on iPhone?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 10My Question or IssueI inadvertently added my entire ‘Liked Songs’ playlist to the queue (around 4000 songs!!). How can I clear the whole list? The only help I’ve found online tells me how to...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 10 My Question or Issue I inadvertently added my entire ‘Liked Songs’ playlist to the queue (around 4000 songs!!). H...
  • RussellGarland
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Xbox Volume from

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceiPhone 11 Pro Max, Xbox One XOperating SystemiOS 14 My Question or IssueFor some time I was able to change the volume of Spotify on my Xbox through my phone. I’ve tried for the past week and it will not allow me ...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country United States   Device iPhone 11 Pro Max, Xbox One X Operating System iOS 14   My Question or Issue For some time I was able to change the volume of ...
  • monk6
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to recover my playlists

My playlists aren’t on my account anymore. I got premium and my playlists had disappeared. I had changed my display name and profile picture and it just took me back to my old display name and no profile picture. I tried to recover my playlists on th...

• Visitor
  • My playlists aren’t on my account anymore. I got premium and my playlists had disappeared. I had changed my display name and profile picture and it just took me back to my old display name and no pro...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes