Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Lyrics don’t work mobile

I live in a country that provides lyrics. However my Spotify on mobile dosent show lyrics but only the genius btl. I have checked countless times and my account is updated but I still don’t get the lyrics. Some of my friends have these problems and s...

• Casual Listener
  • I live in a country that provides lyrics. However my Spotify on mobile dosent show lyrics but only the genius btl. I have checked countless times and my account is updated but I still don’t get the l...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Lyrics

Las letras de las canciones no aparecen al momento de reproducirlas. Mi aplicación se encuentra actualizada, he probado con distintas canciones y las letras continúan sin aparecer, y no encuentro una opción como para activar la sincronización de las ...

• Las letras de las canciones no aparecen al momento de reproducirlas. Mi aplicación se encuentra actualizada, he probado con distintas canciones y las letras continúan sin aparecer, y no encuentro una...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Where did the Lyrics go?!?!?!?

So for about two weeks, the IOS app had a Lyrics feature, and it was glorious! And then it was gone. With nary a word, a warning nor an explanation from those on high. Where did they go?!?!?!?! Why were they removed???? And why aren't they back???

• Casual Listener
  • So for about two weeks, the IOS app had a Lyrics feature, and it was glorious! And then it was gone. With nary a word, a warning nor an explanation from those on high. Where did they go?!?!?!?! Why w...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

songs not playing on offline mode

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 13.6My Question or IssueA lot of downloaded songs i try to play on offline mode just don’t play until i have either an network connection or mobile data

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 13.6 My Question or Issue A lot of downloaded songs i try to play on offline mode just don’t play until i hav...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify skips some songs and is acting weirdly

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI’ve been listening to my usual playlist on Spotify all morning, when suddenly it decided tha...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I’ve be...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback of podcasts

iphone 11, latest update. Canada premium user trying to play the new joe Rogan podcasts. I get the error message “playback failed, we are not able to play this video in your current location”(see pic). However. If I cast it from my iPhone to my googl...

• Visitor
  • iphone 11, latest update. Canada premium user   trying to play the new joe Rogan podcasts. I get the error message “playback failed, we are not able to play this video in your current location...
  • MrFranks
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Follow button gone

The follow button disappeared for me. I want to follow this playlist but I can’t figure out any way of doing it anymore.PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 10

• Visitor
  • The follow button disappeared for me. I want to follow this playlist but I can’t figure out any way of doing it anymore. Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 7 Operating System iO...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Remove artists from home page.

Plan:PremiumCountry:USMy Question or Issue1.) remove artists from home page. (Songs and artists I have never listened to randomly appear on my home page, it seems somehow they get a like or follow from me as well. I have changed passwords, and chosen...

• Regular
  • Plan: Premium Country: US My Question or Issue 1.) remove artists from home page. (Songs and artists I have never listened to randomly appear on my home page, it seems somehow they get a like or...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing playlist on iPhone and Mac

Hi I have already tried the "recover" option but my playlists are not there. Over the weekend 2 of my playlists disappeared, one was my most extensive. I did take that person off my family plan but that was 8 months ago, and I'm still following him. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I have already tried the "recover" option but my playlists are not there. Over the weekend 2 of my playlists disappeared, one was my most extensive. I did take that person off my family p...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

How can I stream on my LTE Apple Watch?

I have a subscription and like my friends who have Garmin and Android wear they can stream while running with only their watch. When I start to it says I need the phone? Why is this? Why can't I stream like other music services over LTE that's what I...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a subscription and like my friends who have Garmin and Android wear they can stream while running with only their watch.   When I start to it says I need the phone? Why is this? Why can...
  • VoidStarfire
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Fading to next song

PlanPremiumCountryEnglandDeviceiPhone XROperating System(iOS 14 beta My Question or IssueWhen I get to the end of a song it freezes on -0:01 and doesn’t play the next song, it doesn’t happen with all songs, probably 1 in 6. It also happened before I ...

• Visitor
  • PlanPremium Country England Device iPhone XR Operating System (iOS 14 beta   My Question or Issue When I get to the end of a song it freezes on -0:01 and doesn’t play the next song, it ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

lyrics

lyrics problemPlanPremium FamilyCountry DeviceIphone 6Operating SystemiOS 12.4.8 My Question or Issuethe lyrics on my spotify aren’t showing. i already do the clean reinstall but it still didn’t show. is it because mine was premium family? please ans...

• Regular
  • lyrics problem Plan Premium Family Country   Device Iphone 6 Operating System iOS 12.4.8   My Question or Issue the lyrics on my spotify aren’t showing. i already do the clean re...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

I can’t play a song unless I like the album first, why?

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS 13.6.1My Question or Issue I can’t play just any song that I search for, it makes me “like” the album or song before it will play. I don’t want to add every single song I want to p...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 13.6.1 My Question or Issue   I can’t play just any song that I search for, it makes me “like” the ...
  • Spaceman_Spiff_
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't listen to new music unless i'm on wifi...

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 8Operating System13.7 My Question or Issue Been using the app for years and never ran into this until recently. Now it happens more often than not if i'm not connected to good Wifi. I think of an album I want to list...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 8 Operating System 13.7   My Question or Issue   Been using the app for years and never ran into this until recently. Now it happens more o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

CarPlay view not showing library

PlanPremiumCountryUkDeviceiPhone SEOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueWhat has happened to the CarPlay gui? I am no longer able to see an icon for my library or playlists and have to go into recently played to...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Uk Device iPhone SE Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue What has happened to the CarPlay gui? I am no longer able ...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Playlist description is not visible on the iOS app

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone 6S)Operating System(iOS 13) My Question or IssueI tried swiping on the playlist cover art. No use!Only the Playlist title is visible and then my name but not the description. I could use an urgent response, I need t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device (iPhone 6S) Operating System (iOS 13)   My Question or Issue I tried swiping on the playlist cover art. No use! Only the Playlist title is visible and ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Apple TV App no fast forward

No fast forward on Apple TV Spotify App possible. PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceApple TVOperating SystemtvOS My Question or Issue

• No fast forward on Apple TV Spotify App possible.    Plan Premium Country Germany  Device Apple TV Operating System tvOS   My Question or Issue  
  • Raybechara
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 25 likes

All audio depend on whether or not I play music from Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDeviceiPhone XOperating System13.5.1 My Question or IssueSpotify has taken over the speaker-level on my phone. My phone will not play the audio to videos unless I'm playing music from Spotify at the same time. If I pause the s...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Norway Device iPhone X Operating System 13.5.1   My Question or Issue Spotify has taken over the speaker-level on my phone. My phone will not play the audio to vid...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify shows as Discord status when on desktop but not on mobile

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceiPhone SE 1st GenerationOperating SystemMacOS CatalinaMy Question or IssueWhen I'm listening to music on my phone and Discord is open on my computer, Spotify shows as my status, but when Discord is closed on my computer, it st...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country USA Device iPhone SE 1st Generation Operating System MacOS Catalina My Question or Issue When I'm listening to music on my phone and Discord is open on my computer, Spotify...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes