We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By using our website you agree to our use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy.Learn more here

Close
Gig Goer
Henya
Accepted Solution

can't transfer music to ipod

Why is it that I'm unable to transfer music files from Spotify to my ipod? I'm okay with iphone, and ipad. But ipod is the problem. I'm getting ready to give up on this Spotify deal.

Peter
Kudos: 9,461
Solutions: 2,628

Re: can't transfer music to ipod

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

What is the issue you are having? and what type and generation of iPod? 

Also it is worth noting that you can not transfer music from the online Spotify catalogue to iPods that do not support the spotify application thats nanos, classics and shuffles. The spotify client can only be used to sync local tracks that you own to those devices. 

Also all questions about ipod integration can be found here.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Community PM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Gig Goer
Henya

I have a nano 6th generation. Silly question...but...What do you mean by  local tracks that I own?

Peter

Tracks that you have actually purchased and downloaded (so you own them). This is not part of the spotify premium subscription.

Peter

Peter

Gig Goer
Henya

Indeed. Thanks.

Music Fan
MaureenC1970

I have an iPod Touch 4th Generation & found alot of good music but transfer any of the music to my iPod. HELP!!

Peter

MaureenC1970 wrote:

I have an iPod Touch 4th Generation & found alot of good music but transfer any of the music to my iPod. HELP!!

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

You just need to install the Spotify application on your Touch and then log in, all your playlists will be there. If you need to sync local tracks from your computer to your Touch, then follow these instructions.

Peter

Peter

Music Fan
Alvaro74

Hi!

I have read the question below and I think I have kind of a similar issue..........Yesterday I connected my ipod to my spotify account for first time, and of course the program asked if I want to sync to ipod up........and I said YES....the big problem was that ALL my music moved from my ipod to the spotify library, so now I have an empty ipod....and that´s a nightmare!!

How can I move it back to my ipod?? Please help me!!!!

thank you guys

Alvaro

Music Fan
zellogi

me no can sync :(

i cant sync my spotify to my ipod, it the generation before they added the camra to the nanos. can they sync to spotify?

Gig Goer
NicoleF5786

Hi 

I need HELP!!!!! I have a premium spotify account. I created it so that I could use it for work. I had to put together some playlists for a party. I purchased the new 7th generation nano ipod thinking I could sync my the playlists i created on spotify with it but I realized after reading through these forums that you can't do it with the new nano. Well I plugged in my old shuffle and it actually recognized my device and allows me to sync local files but it says the playlists i created for the party are not local. What does that mean. I have a premium account doesn't that mean I can put them on my ipod and listen to them? I don't understand what the point in having a premium account is if you can't do that. Am I doing something wrong? Should I just go out and buy the ipod touch and download the spotify app? PLEASE HELLP ASAP I need to find a solution before work on Wednesday. Thank YOU!

Announcements
Win free Premium
This contest is now closed. The winners will be posted here very soon.

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.