Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS 8 Support?

Solved!

iOS 8 Support?

Updated to ios 8 today and Spotify crashes every time when trying to open. I have the latest version of Spotify as well. I have also reset my phone on top of deleting and reinstalling the app. Just wanted to put this up to get the issue noticed.

141 Replies

@musiccrazy
Which background apps??

Latest spotify update not working on iOS 8 with iphone 6.

Huge issue for a lot of people, myself included. It seems at the moment they are brushing it under the rug. 

More bad news for them...I'm this close to cancelling and going to Beats or something. 

The problem consist in the fact they had reports of issue with iOS 8 since July (time of Beta3) and they hadn't fixed yet.

I find that very unprofessional for a tech company such as spotify: it's like a supermarket chaing having problem in distribuition.

After uppdating to iOS8 My I-pad2 could not start Spotify, IT crashes but My I-Phone 5 works with Spotify.

Another one here...iOS 8, iPhone 5S, crashes every time. Reinstalled several times, no luck. Literally the ONLY app that didn't survive the update, ironically also the only one which charges a monthly fee. Unacceptable. If updating apps is so hard even with so much advance notice of OS updates, you're in the wrong business. It's been 48 hours, I'm waiting 24 more until I cancel my subscription.

Marked as solution

Hey guys, we're aware of an issue affecting some users on iOS at the moment. We're hard at work on a fix and apologise for the inconvenience in the meantime.

We're going to keep everyone updated in this thread. So we're going to lock this thread to avoid any confusion. 

Please do keep your reports coming in via the main thread. The more information we've got to work with, the better.

Thanks!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

SPotify crashes every time. Still. If you listened to us during the betas this would work by now.
Marked as solution

Hey guys!

@SpotifyCares on Twitter has suggested a work around that might solve the problem: 

"If Spotify is crashing at startup on iOS 8, try changing your phone's SettingsLanguage & Region to another country, then change back."

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/513045543720079360

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Hey, just a fair warning if you guys updated to iOS 8, and have found your Spotify not opening or working properly, I found the solution. Go to settings, language and region, and change region to United Kingdom, then open spotify. change your region back to United States, kill spotify then reopen and problem solved. 🙂

After updating to IOS 8 spotify no longer works on my iPhone 4S. Every time I try to open it keeps crashing.

I have found a temporary solution, turns out my problem was with my router. I am using an iPad Air and a Virgin Media Superhub. I thought the problem was with Spotify and posted on message that has a different solution so forum won't let me post this update. The problem is with the IOS 8 update and how it communicates with your WiFi. To cut a long story short, if you can switch from 5GHz to 2GHz (I know a lot of users won't have that option) you will have a temporary fix, until Apple get their act together and fix the real problem.

I updated my iPhone 5S today and since then I have been unable to open the spotify app at all, the initial screen comes up then it just crashes. I've read that some other people have had Issues when trying to use it on wifi, but this doesn't seem to be the same issue? any help would be greatly appreciated! Rather annoyed as I pay for premium spotify which I now seem unable to use.

Hello

I'm having the exact same issue. I've got an iPhone 5 running 7.1.2.  I updated the app but have not updated to iOS 8 because of lack of space on my phone.

When I try and open the app it will load and then crash almost immediately. I've done a soft reset but I'm nervous of deleting and reinstalling in case my uploads will have disappeared (I live in the middle of nowehere and have shockingly slow broadband). 

Hi!
Unfortunately I have the same trouble. I run iOS 8 with an iPhone 5 and I think the last two updates of Spotify have given me the same problem. Every time I try to open it just crashes.
The only way I've managed for it to work for a while is to reinstall late I don't keep it open. But that forces me to reinstall, download all the music on off-line mode to be able to hear something off-line and never close the app. But if you have to turn off the phone then you're back on the same problem.
I've tried to open it using Wi-Fi and also using 3G/4G.
I'm also a premium account member so if this continues I will cancel my subscription.
If anyone finds a solution, please let us know!!

Same issue on Iphone 5. Tried to re-install spotify, but same issue exists.

I'm having the same issue on the iPhone 6. Really gutted as it just crashes. I hope there is a solution soon!!
Marked as solution

Just found this on Twitter, hope it helps!

If Spotify is crashing at startup on iOS8, try changing your phone's Settings > Language & Region to another country, then change back.

— SpotifyCares (@SpotifyCares) September 19, 2014

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

It works, thanks a lot!

Suggested posts