Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS 8 Support?

Solved!

iOS 8 Support?

Updated to ios 8 today and Spotify crashes every time when trying to open. I have the latest version of Spotify as well. I have also reset my phone on top of deleting and reinstalling the app. Just wanted to put this up to get the issue noticed.

141 Replies

Hi,

Alp from Spotify support got in touch with me. Apparently they've known that Spotify is not working with ios 7 or 8. A fix is apparently going in this week. I am waiting to hear if I need to delete and reinstall and will keep you all posted. I have done everything else including speaking with Apple Tech Support. This is a Spotify problem and if a fix is not going in this week, I am thinking of canceling my subscription until its fixed. Fortunately it works on my iphone since I have an older software and no way am I upgrading that. Come on, Spotify, lets get this going ASAP please. 

Sounds like a lot of people are experiencing the same issue. I updated Spotify on my iPhone 6 and it does nothing then crashes. I also tried deleting and reinstalling which didn't help. This needs to get fixed ASAP!

I tried to open Spotify on my new iPhone and it simply won't load.  I have deleted and reloaded the app three times from the store, but it makes no difference.  I have a premium subscription and now I cannot get to use it on my new phone.  Does anyone have any suggestions before I cancel my subscription?

Its about time someone else has reported this problem. Me and my buddy are having the exact same issue and this is the first time I have seen someone post about it. I am paying $10 a month for Spotify and it will not load! I have also deleted and re-downloaded the app over 20 times. It has now been a week of Spotify not loading on my phone!!! I better not be paying for this month! This is just ridiculous!!! WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!

The Spotify developers are currently working on a fix that should be in an update coming soon. Keep checking back for updates. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

Spotify keeps on crashing immidatly at the startup of the app on my new iphone 6. Note: I used an backup from my old iphone 5!

Dear Delevopers please fix this problem ASAP!

Here is the logging output.

Thanks.

Sep 26 19:35:37 iPhone-6-Daniel kernel[0] <Notice>: xpcproxy[429] Container: /private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/BDB5FF6C-3B23-4ED9-82A4-80912BD7D089 (sandbox)
Sep 26 19:35:37 iPhone-6-Daniel locationd[58] <Notice>: Gesture EnabledForTopCLient: 0, EnabledInDaemonSettings: 0
Sep 26 19:35:58 iPhone-6-Daniel SpringBoard[51] <Warning>: Forcing crash report of <FBApplicationProcess: 0x156dd6ee0; Spotify; pid: 429> (reason: 1, description: com.spotify.client failed to launch in time)
Sep 26 19:35:58 iPhone-6-Daniel ReportCrash[430] <Error>: task_set_exception_ports(B07, 400, D03, 0, 0) failed with error (4: (os/kern) invalid argument)
Sep 26 19:35:58 iPhone-6-Daniel SpringBoard[51] <Warning>: Finished crash reporting.
Sep 26 19:35:58 iPhone-6-Daniel com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (UIKitApplication:com.spotify.client[0xade7][429]) <Notice>: Service exited due to signal: Killed: 9
Sep 26 19:35:58 iPhone-6-Daniel SpringBoard[51] <Warning>: Application 'UIKitApplication:com.spotify.client[0xade7]' exited abnormally via signal.
Sep 26 19:35:58 iPhone-6-Daniel SpringBoard[51] <Warning>: Unable to deliver -[UIRemoteApplication showTopMostMiniAlertWithSynchronizationPort:] message to port 0: (ipc/send) invalid destination port
Sep 26 19:35:58 iPhone-6-Daniel locationd[58] <Notice>: Gesture EnabledForTopCLient: 0, EnabledInDaemonSettings: 0
Sep 26 19:35:58 iPhone-6-Daniel ReportCrash[430] <Notice>: Saved report to /var/mobile/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Spotify_2014-09-26-193558_iPhone-6-Daniel.ips
Sep 26 19:36:03 iPhone-6-Daniel locationd[58] <Notice>: Gesture EnabledForTopCLient: 0, EnabledInDaemonSettings: 0

Well, one week ago I uppgraded my iPhone 4S to iOS8 and when I try to start Spotify its starts up normaly and I can see the logo . but then ithe App shuts down.. I have deleted and downloaded the Spotify App several times and restarted my cellphone many times - what the h is wrong?

Thanks!!

Same problem here. It's been a few days now. Odlly, it worked for the first 4 days I had it, but now it just goes to the launch screen logo then crashes. I tried deleting and reinstalling three ties to no avail, so I decided to let it sort itself out, but now I'm getting impatient.

Spotify crashing on new iso8. Glad I'm not the only one!

Hmm, it works fine on my iPhone 5.

Do you have a link to any other posts detailing this? It might be a device rather than an iOS issue if it's just iPhone 6s that are affected.

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Ever since iOS was update to iOS 8 spotifuggle simply won't start at all!! Is there any news in when app will be updated??
Disregard the heat app it used to be now is just a piece of junk on my iPhone. Works fine on iPad same iOS but not on iPhone

The Spotify developers are currently working on a fix that should be in an update coming soon. Keep checking back for updates. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

MattSudaSpotify Star

My Spotify app will no longer work on my iphone 5S after installing iOS 8. I have removed the app and reinstalled twice. The icon is there but it will not open.  I am paying for Premium but cannot access my music on my phone. Can someone please help? Of course, no response other than the standardized one from the form I completed.

So, I have an iPhone 5s 64gb with 38gb free. My spotify will work for a number of days and then it will crash on opening. It did this before the update to ios8 as well as after. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling. I've tried restarting my phone, I don't know what else to try apart from a full restart of my phone which is equally as frustrating. I'm a commuter in London and to have the app fail after I have no access to Internet is annoying! I don't want to stray away from spotify but it's becoming more and more unreliable. Anyone else having the same problem?

I am having same issue, someone help!

Ipad
iOS 8.0.2.
Problem starred after the latest iOS update

Since updating to IOS 8 spotify on my iphone 5 crashes and is unusable. As I'm paying £9.99 per month I expect an instant fix not in the version after the next one or a refund in the meantime. If this isn't dealt with smartly I'll ditch Spotify.

Get can someone help me with this problem please? since I upgrade my iPhone to IOS 8 my spotify doesn't open anymore, and now I can't do anything. But when I'm using my company phone with IOS 7 and my iPAd, spotify works fine. Is IOS 8 the problem?

I am having this same issues as well on my 5s since upgrading to 8.0.2.  Spotify works fine my my iPhone 5, iPad and desktop Mac's.  I have tried uninstalling and resinstalling the app several times.  The app loads initially and then crashes.  Any help would be appreciated.

Suggested posts