Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone 4S won't Sync via USB

Solved!

iPhone 4S won't Sync via USB

My iPhone 4S won't sync via USB, the cable and the phone work perfectly. Spotify simply won't detect the device.

58 Replies

BUMP!

what am i paying for?...

This is silly. I don't have WiFi and I really don't want to HAVE to buy it just to be able to listen to Spotify on my iPhone. I mean, I AM paying for it already.

Try tethering - that works for me.

You mean sharing internet from my iPhone to my computer? Tried it, it didn't work.

i have the same problem. this post doesnt help, spotify still wont detect any devices. 

Also having this problem. My desktop does not have a wifi card. I'm on university wifi so the wifi and wired networks are separate and I have no control over that.

As I am sure has been previously said - no USB syncing :(

Ok, why? (regarding iOS)

Add USB-to-iPhone-syncronisation feature nooow!

I have the same issue -- no wireless for my desktop.  This is ridiculous -- sync should be at the touch of a button via USB!!!

And I'm quite exasperated that I cannot alphabetize tracks within a playlist on my iPhone. 

If it won't sync with our phone then don't tell your customers it will or make the subscription cheaper cause spotify adds obviously bs me into thinking this is so worth it. Maybe worth $7 a month. Canceling this.

That's what I did..Their service is Ridiculous.!!!

Even if I had wifi connection with maximum broadband speed I could get It took so long to upload song from server to my phone..

I'm living in UK,In a big city not a small village or so,but how people living there should feel like,when you have to wait 2 minutes for upload into your offline mode?

I have tried Deezer service,they have offline mode as well and they cost LESS than this BS company,plus it takes only 10-15s for one song !! And they have Sync via cable option!! I'm just curious how f'ed up you have to be,to get such a huge money from subsciptions and not make an option for desktop users... I ended up with Deezer,even if they  a smaller library,I can upload my own songs and sync them to my phone without a problem..

I think 6months passed for this threat and noone from mods or dev. have responded that.

All I can say is F^%$$%$CK YOU ALL in spotify,because I'm not an user of Spotify,and I won'tne be anymore!!!

If you can't handle such a small thing or either respond to it..I don't wanna have any business with you,I used to keep all my music files there for my station,but your services aren't trustable at all. Customer service  worst I've ever seen.

Actually, Spotify on my iPhone *does* sync a playlist automatically when tethered via USB.  However, the tracks aren't downloaded (not available offline) on the iPhone until I attempt to play the track on my iPhone.  There should be an automatic way to do this.  Right now, I have to turn off shuffle and make the iPhone play thru all the new tracks to get them onto the iPhone.  (I use offline a lot, since signal is poor)

A few weeks ago, Spotify on iPhone lost contact with the Mothership, and wouldn't let me access anything, and deleted all the downloaded songs -- so I had to have the iPhone tethered and playing for about 36 hrs just to get one playlist downloaded again!  This sucks.  And, worse, the Spotify on iPhone never gave any warning that it hadn't talked to the Mother Ship for 30 days -- it just all of a sudden wouldn't play anything.  This sucks a lot. 

Also, whenever the damned thing crashes or locks up, I have to reinstall Spotify (fortunately hasn't happened lately), and again I have to play thru the whole playlist to get it downloaded.  I realize the concerns about abuse of downloaded content if lots of it can be downloaded quickly, but surely there's some better approach?

Bump

I no longer have WiFi after moving into Uni halls. After 30 days of no WiFi i no longer have the music on my ipod that I'm fricking paying for. Wouldn't be so annoying if I could sync it via cable, but Spotify doesn't even recognise the device as well as not even letting me sync the music I'm paying £10 a month for! Sort it out Spotify, you are forcing me to cancel and use iTunes if you do not add a cable syncing ability. How ridiculous it isn't even there anyway!

Hey 🙂

The iPod touch application requires access to the internet via Wifi to contact the Spotify servers. It can not work over USB as the device needs to connect as it is separate to your desktop client. If you have offline playlists you only need to connect once every 30 days to verify your subscription, I'm sure you could use WiFi in a library or university building to do this.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It would certainly be more user-friendly if Spotify on the i-devices would give warning that it hasn't connected in (nearly) 30 days or whatever.  Indeed, several reminders would be in order, given how much of a hassle it is to re-download all the music, etc.

Yeah, I don't want to have to go and sit in a library whilst 2500+ songs are re-synced to my iPod!

I am having the same issue, on a University network. It would be great if spotify could address this issue asap, especially for such a basic feature for paying customers. 

@flynnmjr wrote:

I am having the same issue, on a University network. It would be great if spotify could address this issue asap, especially for such a basic feature for paying customers. 

Your university might be blocking access to Spotify to save bandwidth, I know several at home do 😞

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This is unbelieveable. Why wouldn't you be able to sync with a cable? As soon as Apple starts their streaming service (Oh it's coming) I will be jumping ship. Amatuers. 

Unfortunately, i can access Spotify music, just not the syncing feature in any way.  It is a university problem, which is why Spotify should really add cable syncing for iphone/ipad.  😕

Suggested posts