Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone 5S local files will not sync

Solved!

iPhone 5S local files will not sync

Please do note that I have had this issue since my iPhone 5 and I HAVE done EVERY step I have found on this forum.  YES my firewall allows spotify, YES i re-installed and rebooted a million times.  This almost makes me want to cancel my premium membership and stop using spotify since this has been going on for a few months now..  I do have 433 tracks synced to my iPhone, but now whenever I update my iTunes and such with more music and just says "pending" and will not sync further more.  Like I said in the beginning, I HAVE tried EVERY step on the forum to fix this issue.  I do have 433 songs but I should have close to 500, they just don't sync anymore.  Space is not a problem as I have a 64 gb and have more than 70% of my space left on the phone.  Someone please help, I do have a screenshot below of what my spotify is showing.  

Thanks, 

--Nick

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, i had this same issue and i just made a new playlist and put my local files in there and it synced. Hope that works for you guys. 

View solution in original post

22 Replies

bump someone help please 😞

Sorry ho help from me, but I do have the same, or at least a very similar problem.

For me I first moticed the problem after I upgraded by 4s to IOS7. After that point, I could no longer sync my own mp3 files.

Then I got the 5s, and it has the same problem as the 4s.

I got my local mp3 files working again, although I probably did more than what was actually required to fix it, here is what I did:

1) Deleted spotify from my iphone

2) Updated spotify to the latest version on my Mac

3) Rebooted my Mac

4) Started spotify again, and marked all my local playlists as offline (one the mac)

5) Loaded spotify on my iphone again

6) Started spotify on my iphone and logged in

7) Mark my playlists as available offline

Add my mp3 songs just started downloading - which they would not do before. Go figure.

I have the same issue also. hopefully this will get a fix soon.

Me three! I don't even know why i'm still paying for this service! Even $5 for zero service? No 800 number that gets me. Hope they fix this FAST or I'm outta here. Submit to iTunes i guess. Shoot!

Have you tried these steps?

• Log out of Spotify and restart your device.
  • Log into Spotify once again and make sure you are connected to the same Wi-Fi network on both your device and your computer.
  • Change the sync quality on your device to High or Extreme.
  • Locate the playlist on your phone, and select "Available Offline".
  • Make sure you have plenty of free space on your device (we'd recommend 1GB+).

If you still have problems, could you post details of exactly what you want to happen and what actually happens, including any error messages. Details of spotify versions, device and OS version will be helpful.

I'm having this issue as well.  Most of my playlist are mixed with local files.  All I see is a pending message for playlists that contains local files.  I'm running ios 7.0.2, iPhone 5S.  Spotify version 0.8.0.

Hi,

I too am facing the same issue with iPhone 5S (IOS 7.0.4) and MAC OSX (Mavericks), with Spotify not syncing Local Files. Here's what I do to make this work.

Step 1: Create a new playlist using Spotify Desktop (or re-populate an existing one), let's call it "Local Files - Cache" with all the songs from the Local File COLLECTION.

Step 2: On your device (iPhone) mark this playlist (Local Files - Cache) as Available Offline.

Now, your Local Files should start syncing.

Cheers,

Mrinal

I'll add that I am having a similar issue with offline sync on my iPhone 4S.  Earlier this week, I added a few different tracks to my main playlist.  However, the tracks have not been able to sync over to the phone, even with the playlist set to Available Offline.  This issue is also present in other playlists, both new and old.  It is important to note that I am trying to sync songs added from the Spotify catalouge, not locally stored on my computer.

iPhone 4S on iOS 7.0.4
Spotify App Version 0.9.1

Marked as solution

Hey, i had this same issue and i just made a new playlist and put my local files in there and it synced. Hope that works for you guys. 

Maybe it is a bit late, but I have the same issue with android and all workarounds i found did not help. Now, I downloaded mp 3 diag, made a full repair of all mp3's and now - it syncs! Seems, that Spotify translates the files into its own format and fails, when they have small bugs, even when he can play them on the PC...^^ Just try it, you cant loose anything!

Greetings, Merc

I cannot get local files to sync to my iPhone 5s. I have the most up to date software on both the phone and spotify, I have rebooted my phone, I have redownloaded spotify. Nothing is working. How do I fix this issue? 

The playlist is marked as "available offline" on both my computer and my phone.

Can you see your phone under "Devices" on the left of the desktop client?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

No, how do I make that happen? 

It will happen automatically when your phone and computer are connected to the same network and they can see each other.

If your phone isn't appearing, something is blocking Spotify from communicating between the devices. Make sure all firewalls on your computer are disabled.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

temporarily switching off my firewall did the trick.

Thanks

I've been having this issue with local files not syncing since I upgraded to an iPhone 5S a few weeks ago. None of the previous solutions found here or elsewhere on the web helped. However, after some tinkering, I finally got it to work. Here is what I did:

1. On the mobile device (iPhone) turn off "available offline" on all playlists such that it no longer wants to sync.
  2. Delete Spotify app.
  3. Create new playlists for every playlist you want to sync. (You can just make a new list and copy all the songs from the old list into the new one)
  4. Delete the old playlists (you should now have a bunch of brand new playlists that are identical to the old ones)
  5. Reinstall Spotify
  6. Go into each playlist you want to sync and re-check "available offline"
  7. Spotify should beging syncing and all your local files will be included.

I'm not sure what the issue was but I noticed when making the new playlists, the total track counts didn't match the old playlist even though I literally selected all tracks and dragged them into the new list. I even compared them side by side to make sure all tracks made it. Still, the old playlist showed it had more tracks than the new one. This wasn't true of every playlist, only the larger ones and they were blended Spotify tracks and local files.

Anyways, hope this helps!

Hey! I just had this issue with local files on the most updated iPhone 5.

The way I fixed it was:

1) Open up Spotify on Computer

2) Create a new playlist

3) Copy all the songs from the playlist that refuses to sync to the new playlist

4) Delete un-syncing playlist

5) Set "available offline"  on both phone / computer

It started syncing for me afterwards.

So I think the reason why even your computer and phone are connected to the same network and they still can't sync is THAT the network is so crowded that they have hard time finding and communicating each other. 

So the solution, at least for me is, find a network that's private or less crowded, e.g. sync over a personal home network rather than a public network such as the one in apartment, school, or office.

Hope it helps!

Suggested posts