NEXT STEP

iPhone app crashes when local files synced from computer are played

iPhone app crashes when local files synced from computer are played

iPhone Desription:

iPhone 4S

iOS 8.0 (12A4345d)

Spotify App Version:

Problem:

About a month or two ago, I synced a few albums not in Spotify's collection to my Spotify on my computer. I also synced them to my phone through Spotify, in playlists mixed with Spotify-sourced songs. I was able to play these songs on my iPhone for awhile, until I upgraded to one of the later iOS 8 Beta Releases. It played great for awhile, but after about a week, the app would crash every time I triend to play these songs. I figured there must be an issue with the sync of songs, so I deleted the local songs from the playlists, as well as from my computer Spotify. I then re-copied these songs to my computer Spotify, and to my phone. The problem still persists. It is probably due to the iOS 8 beta upgrade, as Spotify probably doesnt support it completely yet. 

2 Replies

Hey there! I'm sure you already tried some of the iOS troubleshooting steps in this link -  iOS Problems, but I'd go ahead and check it out. 

If that doesn't give you the answer you're looking for, I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form.

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email. This will assign your case to a Spotify rep and you should hear back within 24 hours.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

@jacklamarre While you are at it, take note that Spotify doesn't support iOS 8 at the moment and crashes definitely happen for unsupported releases (given the same problems in the past iOS 7 beta)..

There are some threads about problems with iOS 8 Betas which is not supported at the moment.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts