Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone app keeps crashing!!!

Solved!

iPhone app keeps crashing!!!

Just upgraded to Premium and my iPhone app keeps crashing, the minute I log in it's gone. Tried deleting, reinstalling, deleting all my playlists- nothing works!

Very frustrated and wondering what I can do. Recently upgraded to Premium and now even more frustrated as it's worse than when I was using the free version.

COme on spotify!

298 Replies

Spotify is really quick to mark threads as "solved" as soon as someone comes up with a solution for own specific problem....

Once again I don't see this a solved >.<

Totally agree!

Wicked. I had this folder problem, too. I deleted all the folders and now it doesn't crash. Consequence? No more folders? I hope not!!!

What kind of solution is unstarring anyway? I want it to work without having to change anything. I demand it from spotify. This is not fun at all.

Joining in on this issue. Have an iPhone 4 and the Spotify app crashes about 5 secs after launch.
I've just bought the premium membership but will cancel it if a solution isn't coming up soon.

Anyways a signal from Spotify on this issue would be cool...

Oh... iPhone users... You should be happy!!! Try to use Windows Phone Spotify... Bluetooth bug, no ability to select time in track, crashes, music stops playing 500 times per day... Huh. I would use Spotify iPhone app with love...

And that's not all! Offline playlists are total useless. Offline mode does not work propery. Syncing takes years. In some Artist views WP Spotify crashes at Related artist view. If you want to Open Spotify in WP, it takes years... You should see Spotify Welcome view everytime when you want to use Spotify, even if you play music already in Spotify!!!

Spotify, hurry up with Windows Mobile app!!!

So be happy with iPhone Spotify!!!

And Spotify says that Windows PHONE app is music app... How lame!

And this crap working app un-updated for 6 months now... And no updates at all in future...

@hpguru wrote:

Spotify, hurry up with Windows Mobile app!!!

So be happy with iPhone Spotify!!!

Problem is that for most people the iPhone app doesn't seem to work at all.

Sorry to hear you're having these kinds of issues with Windows Mobiles aswell. Apparently the Android version is crap too 😕

Hope they fix the app for all kinds of phones soon...

I do not think so. For Spotify takes years to fix in iPhone 320 kbps mode. Seems to be unfixed? I do not understand even why Spotify releases those apps with all problems. They publish without testing?

What is a point to pay anymore to Spotify, if they does not care about us customers. Spotify should be required to fix and update those apps. Seems to be that Spotify party all night and sleeping all day with Visa Electron with money from customers.

I'd love to know if you somehow got this resolved.  I never had any problems on my old iphone, but last week I got a new one, and the app will not stay open on my new one (and my songs aren't on my playlists either).  I've done the same, deleting and reinstalling, several times, but no fix.

And there is no way to get ahold of Spotify to actually talk to someone to figure out the problem!  Or at least none that I've found.

I am having the same problem and I have been having it for quite some time.  I have a lot of saved playlists. Whenever I change or rearrange a lot of playlists, my iPhone freezes while trying to sync.

To rectify, I uninstalled and reinstalled the iPhone app.  Now it freezes after 5 seconds.  At this point, my premium subscription is unusable and I am thinking of cancelling and/or asking for my money back.

Any help would be appreciated.

sorry to hijack a thread but i to have the same problems.

I do have a simulair problem to what others have experienced but as no solution has been provided for others i start a new thread.

I just bought a premium account and installed spotify on my 2nd gen Ipod touch. The installation worked but any song i pick is just playing inbetween 1:29 and 1:32 and then it freezes. 

I have not synced it with spotify for offline use or anything like that, the firewalls are ok. My 100mg wifi is more then powerfull so that is not the problem. there is room on the ipod and i do not wish to play in offline mode.

What could cause this streaming problem?

Grrr just tried going in offline mode.... didnt work... played a few songs then.....crash....-_-

What the **bleep** is wrong with you Spotify?  Seriously, engage with your community...keep us posted.  You **bleep**ing assholes.

I've just cancelled my Premium subscription as well.  No workable solution has been found for me, and the constant crashing during playback on my iphone's finally convinced me that it's no longer worth paying for.  Spotify: if/when your iphone app becomes stable, I would gladly pay for the service, until then it's not worth it.

I will also be cancelling and signing up for Rdio.  As above, if and when Spotify for iPhone becomes stable again I will sign back up, but until then, it is a waste of money.

doesn't work for me!

i do have a lot of playlists and some big playlists too, not lots of friends. i cannot remember if it started with a specific release, but it does crash suddenly, every time. i'm on iphone 4s on ios 5.01 - before, on iphone 3gs on ios 5 it was just frozen all the time, straight from launch.

Suggested posts