Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

is Spotify working with the new iOS 8?

is Spotify working with the new iOS 8?

Does anyone use spotify with the development version iOS 8? Is it working?

Thanks for your help

Kind Regards

Twining85

31 Replies

Talking to @MattSuda he was installing it last night. Does Spotify work man?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Everything is fully functional for me. Lots of other apps are having problems though.
MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

As a developer I'm using the second beta of iOS 8 on my iPhone, but when using Spotify it consumes a lot of traffic (1/3 more!!!) which isn't ignored by my carrier (Deutsche Telekom/T-Mobile). Usually the streaming traffic isn't counted against the traffic usage of my contract.

Any way that you look into this issue? A friend of mine has the same issue... Already contacted T-Mobile, they checked their side

From experience Spotify are unlikely to fix it until iOS 8 is released.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

At T-Mobile they told me after analyzing my traffic in a 30 minutes span that some data was going to HockeyApp (crash logs etc.) As there was no other app running on my iPhone, I think that's the issue...

T-Mobile just announced that all music streaming traffic (including Spotify) would not count toward your data cap now

http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/free-music-streaming.html

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Ever since I updated to IOS 8, my spotify is not loading. I click on the app and it shows me the first screen where it normally loads, then it just crashes. I have deleted it and re-intsalled the app and reset my phone multiple times, but nothing is helping. I NEED my music. Please help. 

Update your app to Spotify 1.7.1 - The update just went live to the App Store. It should work well for iOS 8 - Good luck!
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Downloaded IOS8 yesterday and cannot use Spotify anymore. Does not work.

Same problem here. I installed the latest update fpr Spotify and then IOS8. Since then the app just shows the start screen and crashes after a few seconds. Can someone please help me?!

After upgrade to iOS 8 Spotify keeps crashing after a few seconds on my iphone 5s. Have tried absolutely everything with re-installation etc.

Yeah same. I installed the new update for Spotify but it hasn't fixed it. I feel kind of cheated out of my membership for the month when I can't use their service on my phone. Anyone think a phone wipe and back up is in order? I'm using the iphone 5s. 

Same here.

Crazy thing when you reset and configure as a new device and then install spotify it is working!

Then I did a reset with I cloud backup not working anymore!!

I think it has something to do with local files?

Solution PLEASE!!

Spotify version 1.7.1 (latest version) is not working with ios8. It keep crashing. Have done clean install many times befroe and after resetting phone etc. Please fix this asap.

spotify opens but wont play in background.. updated today

After updating my ip5 to ios8, it worked fine. Then i changed my sim card, then it just crashed when trying to open.

so reinstalling wont work either?

Ok. So i deleted spotify. Then i login to my account at spotify.com. Go to offlime devices and remove all devices. Reinstalled. Alllllllakazaaaammmmm!!! Its working again. Now im syncing all my playlist again. Thank god my apartment comes with unlimited free wifi!

Ip5. Ios8. Non jailbreak. Spotify current.

It worked for a while then it started crashing again. This is getting frustrating. Spotify, please fix this or I'll cancel my subscription.

Hi everyone!

Try following these steps posted by SpotifyCares: https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/513045543720079360

If that doesn't work try switching to airplane mode and then run Spotify.

Let me know if that worked or not 🙂

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Suggested posts