Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

my ipod won't connect to spotify

my ipod won't connect to spotify

10 Replies

Please could you expand on your issue? Why won't it connect to Spotify? In what way won't it connect - local track syncing, the app?

Please expand 🙂

Liam

my Ipod won't sinchronice it don't appear in the sidebar by the menu left of the screen from spotify.

sorry for my  use of language i am dutch.

hey guys!

i have exactly the same problem! i've tried it at least a thousand times since friday but my ipod touch just won't appear in spotify. it works in itunes but just not in spotify and i just dont know what im doing wrong cause im connecting my ipod with the usb cable and the usb cable with my computer but nothing happens.

please help me i cant find anyone who can answer my question!

How are you guys connecting your iPods? 

If its an iPod nano, classic, shuffle or mini you need to connect via the USB cable. 

If its an iPod Touch, you need to sync local files using WiFi, full instructions are here

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I cannot get my touch screen iPod to sync with spotify. What do I do?

@Rodneytaylor Are you following the steps in the FAQ (under iphone tab)? Does the ipod show under devices in the desktop client and what actually happens when you try to synch a playlist?

Following the steps to sync iPod Touch (using the instruction for iPhone) over wifi, my main problem is step 4. My iTouch does NOT appear  under “Devices” in my Spotify desktop client. I have reinstalled Spotify on my computer and iTouch and it still wont recognize the device. I've tried usb connection as well, although its not ment for iTouch, but I tried anyway and nothing happened...
Computer and device are both connected to the same internet network and when starting spotify on my iTouch for a split second I get a message I can't really read well because it goes off really quickly but a pic of a green antenna or something comes on the screen saying something about the local library?

Anyone knows how to make the iTouch visible on the Spotify desktop client?

Computer is a MacBook OS X 10.9.2 (Mavericks) and I just updated the software of my iTouch to 7.0.6 although I never used spotify on the device before....

Do you have any security software or firewalls running? You also need to make sure uPnP is enabled on your internet router

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello,

My iPod Classic won't sync to my Spotify. It appears on the left hand side bar and I can select 'sync all music'  or 'manually choose playlists' but nothing happens. 

I've tried restoring my iPod through iTunes and trying again with Spotify but it still doesn't seem to work.

I would appreciate anyone's input into helping me sync my Spotify music to my iPod!!

Thanks 🙂

For iPod Nano, Shuffle, Classic, Mini - Spotify acts as a music manager and only supports songs which you already have in YOUR COMPUTER ONLY it does not work with songs on the Spotify Catalogue (which is as good as dragging and dropping songs from your computer to your MP3 player) only, similar to iTunes.
More details and discussion here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Can-t-synch-to-iPod-3rd-generation/m...
More details on the Spotify help article here:
https://support.spotify.com/uk/learn-more/guides/?_ga=1.90431890.960391241.1404140606#!/article/How-...

And also, esp for iPod Nano - Lightning Connector connections will not be recognised as it is a bug, more details here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/Desktop-Nano-6-7th-gen-iPod-isn-t-recognized/td-p/245854

- Spotify doesn't seem like it wants to support the iPod line of devices anymore (excl iPod Touch), from how I see it.

Since using the Spotify app for your iPod Nano, Shuffle, Classic or Mini is the same as using iTunes. iTunes is much preferred.

Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts