rene1948

my ipod won't connect to spotify

Liam
Topics: 136
Kudos: 1,471
Ideas: 16
Solutions: 445

Re: my ipod won't connect to spotify

Please could you expand on your issue? Why won't it connect to Spotify? In what way won't it connect - local track syncing, the app?

Please expand :)

Liam

Posted by Liam, Please give Kudos
Music Lover
rene1948

my Ipod won't sinchronice it don't appear in the sidebar by the menu left of the screen from spotify.

sorry for my  use of language i am dutch.

Music Fan
spotifyuser1995

hey guys!

i have exactly the same problem! i've tried it at least a thousand times since friday but my ipod touch just won't appear in spotify. it works in itunes but just not in spotify and i just dont know what im doing wrong cause im connecting my ipod with the usb cable and the usb cable with my computer but nothing happens.

please help me i cant find anyone who can answer my question!

Peter
Kudos: 11,498
Solutions: 3,196

How are you guys connecting your iPods? 

If its an iPod nano, classic, shuffle or mini you need to connect via the USB cable. 

If its an iPod Touch, you need to sync local files using WiFi, full instructions are here

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Fan
Rodneytaylor

I cannot get my touch screen iPod to sync with spotify. What do I do?
Joe

@Rodneytaylor Are you following the steps in the FAQ (under iphone tab)? Does the ipod show under devices in the desktop client and what actually happens when you try to synch a playlist?

Joe
I don't work for Spotify, I'm just here for the beer music

Check out my collaborative audiobook playlist

Music Fan
cfig

Following the steps to sync iPod Touch (using the instruction for iPhone) over wifi, my main problem is step 4. My iTouch does NOT appear  under “Devices” in my Spotify desktop client. I have reinstalled Spotify on my computer and iTouch and it still wont recognize the device. I've tried usb connection as well, although its not ment for iTouch, but I tried anyway and nothing happened...
Computer and device are both connected to the same internet network and when starting spotify on my iTouch for a split second I get a message I can't really read well because it goes off really quickly but a pic of a green antenna or something comes on the screen saying something about the local library?

Anyone knows how to make the iTouch visible on the Spotify desktop client?

Computer is a MacBook OS X 10.9.2 (Mavericks) and I just updated the software of my iTouch to 7.0.6 although I never used spotify on the device before....

Peter
Kudos: 11,498
Solutions: 3,196

Do you have any security software or firewalls running? You also need to make sure uPnP is enabled on your internet router

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.