Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

offline sync not working

Solved!

offline sync not working

Having trouble syncing a playlist that is on iPhone and Mac

* "available offline" set to "on" on iphone and Mac

* songs in playlist that are not available via spotify are available mac, show up in playlist on mac,

* both devices on the same wireless network

songs are not showing up available on iphone. Am I doing something wrong? am I missing a step? Any help apprciated.

-Avi

30 Replies

The same problem here with iPhone 4S iOS 6.1.2! Wtf.. It show loadibg at the first song but never star downloading offline!! How to solve? It's urgent for me!

This really helped me. I couldn't figure out why the tracks in pink were not playing in offline mode. Your explanation with the DRM put it together for me. I did a search for non DRM version of those tracks and viola! Fixed! All tracks play now.

My offline syncing isn't working either. It worked a couple weeks ago, but now it's not syncing anything anymore. I tried switching the playlist that was offline to online and now it won't sync again to offline. Seems like from the message board that I need to connect my phone to my desktop and open the app up on both devices. I didn't do that when I synced a couple weeks ago. Is this now the only way to make playlists available offline?

Please sort this darn app out! It never syncs playlists!

i've been getting frustrated with a similar issue, some tracks i have that aren't available on spotify (for whatever corporate reasons, not sure) weren't syncing to my new phone.

ran into a solution that worked for me: what i didn't realize was that spotify was trying to sync all my local files and make them available offline, but i have more than 3333 songs in my local library so it wasn't even making it to my playlist that i wanted offline (since all the others are available on spotify and can be made offline by simply checking the tab to make them offline). CHECK this when you go to the devices tab, it should be the first "playlist" called "local" ... if you're in a similar position as me, uncheck that playlist.

i did that, and it removed whatever stragglers were trying to being synced. then i was just sitting looking at my phone waiting for it to do something. impatient, i unchecked the playlist i wanted synced and checked it again and it began downloading all the files on the playlist that were from my local library.

the songs now play on my phone even in airplane mode, so they truly are downlaoded in the app. hope this works for you guys!

EDIT: here is another way that i fixed the issue with my sister's phone who was having the same issue as me but the above solution did not work (some of these steps may be unnecessary but it's exactly what i did and the tracks now play on her phone)
- uncheck "make available offline" on your device (so that your device removes the playlist from "local files")

- remove the problem tracks from the playlist on your computer (the tracks most likely still play from your computer)

- re-add the same tracks (i did this quickly by just starring all the problem tracks, deleting them from the playlist and then selecting them from the starred playlist when you sort by "date added")

- go to the device tab and double click the playlist you want synced (with the problem tracks)

this worked for me, hope it helps y'all out

Hi! I have had trouble syncing playlists to offline on my iPhone for about a month.

I bought more storage and currently have over 30GB available.

I also updated the software to the latest version to no avail.

Please help me fix the problem! Thank you

@JenniferPhipps - When you say bought more storage, do you mean iCloud storage?

Spotify needs the storage space to be on your internal device memory, not in the cloud.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

What helped for me was to delete the app, and reinstall it. Of course I had to mark again all the playlists that I wanted offline, but this is the only way I could get this issue fixed.

Hope it helps to others 😉

Thanks for that tip! @air2pac
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

same with me

Hey guys! After doing this everything started working:

1. On OSX under System Preferences > Sharing, I checked "Internet Sharing" on.
  2. I unchecked "downloaded" on the Spotify playlist. I did this on my computer AND phone.
  3. I closed out of Spotify on both devices
  4. I opened Spotify on my computer and re-checked the playlist "download" button
  5. I opened Spotify and redownloaded the playlist on my phone
  6. I danced around the apartment, as all my local music was now synced.

I have a few ideas as to why this would work, but nothing definitive. Let me know if it works for you.  🙂

Suggested posts