Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

problems with syncing ipod touch to computer

Solved!

problems with syncing ipod touch to computer

My ipod touch won't show up under devices in spotify when I'm trying to sync it with my computer with a USB-cable. It works fine when it's connected to the same wireless network as the computer but not without the wireless. What am I doing wrong?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey frida,

Trying to sync while connected with the USB cable will prevent it from showing up under Devices. I'm not sure why this is, but it should all work fine if you just connect to the same wifi - as you say.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Yeah, for whatever reason, it doesn't seem to work.  I seem to recall it working at some point in the past, so I suppose there is the possibility that a bug has been introduced in the recent version of the application.  Although, it could also be my memory is not accurate.  Hopefully if it is a bug, it can be fixed in the next release or something!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey frida,

Trying to sync while connected with the USB cable will prevent it from showing up under Devices. I'm not sure why this is, but it should all work fine if you just connect to the same wifi - as you say.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Marked as solution

Yeah, for whatever reason, it doesn't seem to work.  I seem to recall it working at some point in the past, so I suppose there is the possibility that a bug has been introduced in the recent version of the application.  Although, it could also be my memory is not accurate.  Hopefully if it is a bug, it can be fixed in the next release or something!

I do not believe this is a solution to the issue.

In my case, I cannot sync it with wifi as I use a hard connection to my computer at my office.

Can we please have a fix for this?

Ok... I am paying for a Spotify premium account, because of

1) The music selection,

2)  Was told through the Spotify propeganda that I could use it on my Android Device ( spotty at best even when I have strong 4g signal)

3) Was also told that I could sync with my IPOD.....  I just spend 5.5 hours syncing and the little progress bar said it synced 2856 songs (By the way after I deleted my previous library)  After it said it was completed I went and looked at my IPOD....  12 songs total!!!!!!

Also I could not get spotify to stay open after the last update at all untill I manually rolled back to version 6.5.

There better be a quick answer/ resolution to all this or I am cancelling.  And yes I have spent 3 days doing all the worthless troubleshooting steps on these forums.....

Frustrated

@rfccaps wrote:

Ok... I am paying for a Spotify premium account, because of

1) The music selection,

2)  Was told through the Spotify propeganda that I could use it on my Android Device ( spotty at best even when I have strong 4g signal)

3) Was also told that I could sync with my IPOD.....  I just spend 5.5 hours syncing and the little progress bar said it synced 2856 songs (By the way after I deleted my previous library)  After it said it was completed I went and looked at my IPOD....  12 songs total!!!!!!

Also I could not get spotify to stay open after the last update at all untill I manually rolled back to version 6.5.

There better be a quick answer/ resolution to all this or I am cancelling.  And yes I have spent 3 days doing all the worthless troubleshooting steps on these forums.....

Frustrated

Hey 🙂 

In answer to point 2), Spotify and its applications do not yet support 4G services, which is why you might be having issues. Do you get the same behaviour over WiFi?

Also for 3), what type of iPod do you have? 

If it is a classic, shuffle or nano, then I would suggest you have a read at this topic. Spotify can only sync local tracks which you already own to those devices, since they do not have a supported Spotify application to play content from the Spotify catalogue. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am having the same problem. My Ipod Touch 4th Generation used to be synced to spotify before but for some reason, even while my ipod and computer are connected to the same internet connection and even logging out and back in on both my ipod and even reinstalling the spotify app on my ipod, it will no longer show up and i dont know why.

Have you disabled all firewalls?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I did but it didn't work (I have hte same issue) So i ask you this: How do i sync my ipod touch 4th generation to spotify on a different computer?

Suggested posts