Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Login failed" Spotify App

Solved!

"Login failed" Spotify App

when i try to log in the app, it says that i've entered the wrong code, but iam sure as hell that it is the right one, because on windows it works..

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@kaer77 wrote:
Doesń´t work... Impossible to log in even for the community page.. I had to use the Facebook login way. I' ve try to reset the password but it didn't work. I was still logged to Spotify on my IMac, on my profile page even when I logged out of the Spotify app.
I don't understand what's going on. My Premium account is linked to my mobile contract. Is there a way to contact a service where I can explain my case and let my e mail adress.
Thank you.

Hello!

You can contact Spotify support using this contact form. If you get an automated reply just reply back to get your case to an Spotify employee.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Hey!

Are you selecting "Login With Facebook" or "Login with Spotify Details"? According to our database, you signed up through Facebook, so selecting Login with Facebook should get you signed in. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

My wife and I are presently on Spotify. We had to change pc due to crash. What do we do now? The account is under Joanna Bohannon, [Snip-Email(Privacy)-Peter]

Edit: Email Address Removal

We have premium spotify but a new pc. What do we do?

@nanajomom wrote:

My wife and I are presently on Spotify. We had to change pc due to crash. What do we do now? The account is under Joanna Bohannon, [Snip-Email(Privacy)-Peter]

Edit: Email Address Removal

I have just hidden your email address from those posts, best not to post those details in public to avoid spam. 

You should just need to log in with the same premium account details as before and your playlists and premium should be there waiting for you no matter what device you are using (since they are stored by Spotify).

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm getting the message "Login failed: could not login to Spotify. Maybe you've changed or misspelled the password?" I know I have the password right and am signed in with said password on my MacBook, so not sure why I can't login on my iPhone. This is for a 3-month premium membership from a gift card, so I don't want to lose any time on my subscription. 

Are you logging in using Facebook or a Spotify username @pluggedin2 ?

Peter

Hi there,

I'm having problems with my mac devices (Iphone & Imac). It's no longer possible for me to log in. I've never logged in with a FB account, and when I fill the Spotify account form, it says to me that my password is wrong. I'm sure it's not 😞

User name is Kaer77.

Can you help me?

@kaer77 - I would suggest a password reset:

https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/

Peter

Doesń´t work... Impossible to log in even for the community page.. I had to use the Facebook login way. I' ve try to reset the password but it didn't work. I was still logged to Spotify on my IMac, on my profile page even when I logged out of the Spotify app.
I don't understand what's going on. My Premium account is linked to my mobile contract. Is there a way to contact a service where I can explain my case and let my e mail adress.
Thank you.
Marked as solution

@kaer77 wrote:
Thank you.

Hello!

You can contact Spotify support using this contact form. If you get an automated reply just reply back to get your case to an Spotify employee.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

Thank you. I am going to do that.

Please, send to my E-mail a new password or the proper solution, I'm loosing  beatiful moments of my life!!!, please, I need Music!!!!

To get a password reset:
1. Go to https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/
2. If you get redirected to your online profile (where you need to current password to make the change), you are still logged into the website. Click on your name at the top and choose Log Out.
3. Return to https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/ and you should be able to request a reset.

Peter

I can log into my account on my PC (No Apple) but I cannot login into my Spotify account on my IPHone.  I think Apple is fraking with us because they want to drive people to ITunes.  I am guessing Apple has a program prohibiting login to Spotify.   Or there is some other programming issue inherent to Aplle products.    

BTW I do not have a Facebook account thus I was trying to login using an ID and password.  Which I have attempted to do several times and it does not work.

@kaer77 wrote:
Thank you.

Hi I can login to my account through safari on my iPhone but it's saying the password is incorrect when I try and login through the app. Please can anyone help? Thanks

I uninstalled Spotify on my phone and reinstalled. 

Still won't let me login on the phone.

I have the same issue from iPhone. Can login from safari but the app is a no go. Uninstalled, reset password, nothing works.

I am having logging in with my Facebook account it keeps saying login failed

Suggested posts