Help - iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, iPod classic)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Concert Regular
MarcoW

sync iPhone without WiFi?!

hello spotify-users,

is there a possibility to sync my iPhone with Spotify without WiFi?!

I mean I have only internet per cabel and portable internet stick! 

Per
Topics: 219
Kudos: 1,430
Solutions: 127

Re: sync iPhone without WiFi?!

Just install the desktop client(i.e. Windows or Mac version) on your pc, plug in your phone and sync.

Join me on twitter.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Get more storage space!
Concert Regular
MarcoW

I've installed Spotify, but it says also on spotify, that u have to connect computer and iPhone to the same WiFi network to sync it...

Per
Topics: 219
Kudos: 1,430
Solutions: 127

Well, I've just been educated and I owe you an apology.

Turns out Wifi is the only way to sync your iPhone with Spotify. Sorry about that.

Join me on twitter.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Get more storage space!
Music Lover
NoWiFiCustomer

Well that sux! Some of us are a little behind the times and do not have wifi because our cable connection performs almost the same job as a wifi connection would.  Here I was a Splendour on the weekend trumpeting Spotify and saying it was pretty darn good.  Glad I only picked up the 30 day free trial.  Why only WiFi ... what is the reasoning behind this?

Liam
Topics: 139
Kudos: 1,549
Ideas: 16
Solutions: 447
I'm a Community Rock Star

[ Edited ]

This works on android...

Try tethering your iphone to your computer - it works on my android sometimes :)

Music Fan
mikewest

I go to a school that literally does not have or allow wifi because of security restrictions.  thank you US government.  Because of this my phone just downloaded over half a gig of music when i made a playlist "listen to offline".  There needs to be a wifi-less method of syncig the iPhone to your computer when there is a USB connection.  Since that used to be the only way to sync your device I don't understand how that can be that difficult, and why I just paid $10 because spotify destroyed my data usage. 

Music Fan
cporro

agreed. this is sad. not everyone wants or can run wifi. frankly i'd rather be plugged in if possible. it's faster, more reliable, and more secure.

Music Fan
apes81

well that sucks.  Guess there's the reason I am going to keep my itunes playlist on my phone.  

I too am at a University that does has wifi, but doesn't reach my desktop in my office on the top floor where I have to be plugged in via ethernet.  

I also looked up songs that I have locally on spotify to try to add them to my playlist (workaround?) and it just takes my local track on my computer - which I can't sync. so that's really annoying.

What is the point of this?

What a waste of $$ spotify!

Joe
I'm a Community Rock Star

As long as your laptop/desktop has wireless, you should be able to synch to your mobile device by creating an ad-hoc wireless network on your PC and connecting your mobile to that. This post explains how to do this in Windows 7.

Joe
I don't work for Spotify, I'm just here for the beer music

Check out my collaborative audiobook playlist

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.