Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not able to sync android

Solved!

Not able to sync android

Hello,

i´m a premium member and are unable to synch my playlists on my android device. Both my phone and my pc are connected to the same Wifi network, i have the latest version of the app and got everything connected properly. Yet my phone won´t show up on my desktop computer, and i´m unable to sync my music. Can anyone shed some light on this issue? And why can't i just do the synching via a usb? That'd be so much easier..

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,

if you are wanting to sync playlists of Spotify-only tracks then do this straight from the mobile app - there's no saving doing it through the device view in the Windows/Mac application.

Otherwise, try installing the preview release on your mobile and see if this helps with the handset not appearing in the Devices section: http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

That's odd. All the playlists you have created on your PC should appear in the mobile app automatically, and you can choose to sync them directly on the mobile app.

Have you tried the preview release version I linked above? Might be better.
----------------

View solution in original post

26 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there,

if you are wanting to sync playlists of Spotify-only tracks then do this straight from the mobile app - there's no saving doing it through the device view in the Windows/Mac application.

Otherwise, try installing the preview release on your mobile and see if this helps with the handset not appearing in the Devices section: http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/
----------------

Hello,

thanks for the quick reply! 

I do indeed want to synch spotify-only tracks/playlists from my PC to my phone. Problem is my phone doesn't appear in spotify on my PC, and whilst some of the music i listen to does show up in the app on my phone, it doesn't see/show any of my playlists. How can i synch playlists from my pc straight to the mobile?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Marked as solution

That's odd. All the playlists you have created on your PC should appear in the mobile app automatically, and you can choose to sync them directly on the mobile app.

Have you tried the preview release version I linked above? Might be better.
----------------

Huzzah, the preview version you linked works like a charm! My PC now "sees" my phone and it's slowly but steadily synching the music.

Thanks a ton for the tips! 🙂

Good to hear. Glad I could help
----------------

I  just wanted to let you know that this thread helped me resolve the same exact problem. Thanks.

Hi,

Well, i just tried and that doesn't work for me 😕

Restart, log in/log out, same network, but i my smartphone doesn't appear in spotify on my PC.

Does anyone have a solution ? or the same problem ?

I wish I had an answer--3 months later, same thing.  The link now points to Spotify for Linux preview, and I've logged off and logged back on--still do not show my Android phone on my devices though it's connected to the same wifi network.

My problem is I can download the playlist, but there are several songs only available on my desktop's hard drive that I can't download to my phone.

Any new suggestions?

One way to fix it: connect to the desktop via a USB cable. 

I am also having some difficulty, but my issue is somewhat different than others.

My PC (desktop) is connect via ethernet, not wirelessly.

The instructions say  'Connect your phone to the same wifi network as your computer (make sure that your computer is connected to the wifi network wirelessly)'

Having said that, is there a any other way to sync my playlists, or do I have to download them through the app on the android devices. Also trying to sync to a tab, not a phone.

Can I connect via usb to the pc and sync them that way?

Thanks for your help.

That actually works on my pc. Just a simple task to do.

Add spotify as an exception in your firewall and it should be work like a charm.

Well, I thought i could do that, but it doesn't appear as though I can sync them that way either. 😞

When I log into the app from the tab, i have the option to download the playlist, but that's not the same as syncing. If someone updates their playlist i'd have to re-download the whole playlist instead of just re-syncing it.

EDIT : Nevermind, I didn't look hard enough. It's syncing now. 😄

What did you do i still cant sync my fixed pc with my ohone

Still unable to move my local files to my phone it used to be easy, but for some reason it doesnt work any more

Hi there, I am having a similar problem.  I synced my phone to PC and for whatever reason all the local files are showing as "pending"... Keep in mind it took over two hrs to synced what it appeared to be over 400 tracks but when I pulled up the music files on my phone only FOUR were there LOL.

So I opened the PC app and the local files are showing as "pending".

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

do i have to be connecteed to WIFI on my pc without cable, for this to work? my PC doesent have straight wifi. i need to be able to sync with out phone connected some how? do i have to reinstall the mobile app? please help me! 😄

Are you trying to copy local files from your PC to your mobile? Spotify will only do this over wifi. If you have no wifi, your only option is to use another music player and copy the files over USB.

I've just had the same problem and found that after turning my router on and off and reconnecting my phone and computer to the internet it worked fine.

A bit late, but turning off the router worked. I spent 4 hours trying different stuff, and I read to turn it off and on, and it works! Almost got more pissed about that than it not working!

Suggested posts