Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keep getting requested to login

Solved!

Keep getting requested to login

So I upgraded to the latest update just over a week ago and noticed the supposed fix for the login issue. However, after a week at least once a day I keep getting returned to the login screen.

149 Replies

Yep - same problem here when on flights. 8-10 hours with no good music is hell. Should be working offline without asking for password. Pls advise ! (premium subscriber)

Yea, spotify kinda went lame on me after my phone died. Turned it on. Logged out. No service. Cant turn on offline mode without being in spotify. Without serivce. IM ABOUT TO CANCEL MY PREMIUM SERVICE!

Spotify seems to have deleted my complaints about my various bad experiences withtheir so called premium service. Hey Spotify  if you spend more time fixing you app than deleting users negative comments maybe you we have happier customers.

Maybe spotify considers that my complaints have no place in this thread so I'll start another for other users to comment. 

Shall I repost here too. 

Anyway there are plenty of where places where I vent my frustration too. 

I have Spotify premium but every once i a while it logs me out of facebook if I am not on wifi. thus not allowing me to listen to spotify. I was under the impression that I would be able to listen to music on spotify offline if I got premium, any help with this??

Marked as solution

@medgirl2012 - What happens if you select 'Log in with Spotify details' (not 'Log in with Facebook') and use your FB email and password?

Of course we're looking into a more permanent solution. For now though please let me know how that work around goes.

Same thing is happening to me, and my roommate. Why should I continue to pay for the premium service??? This is bull sh*t!!!! How do I get a reimbursement for this nightmare? 

It does not let me log in. What my problem was about was when I am do not have wifi.  I tried keeping it in offline mode, but it does the same thing.  

I tried everything...including logging out all of my devices and manually logging into SPOTIFY using my email and password.  it still logs me out randomly when facebook itself stays logged in no matter what.  i've tried just the login with facebook and same results. 

usually i don't care about logging in again, but it gets annoying after awhile and also, when on an international flight that takes 13-15 hours...it really does suck not being able to listen to offline music just because you couldn't log in while in flight, can we have the ability to listen to offline music without logging in?

Hi,

solution is to login to your account on the spotify website, go into account overview, and find your user id. When you've found that there should be a button that will allow you to set a password for your account. When you do that login using spotify details and then your problems shouldn't persist anymore

thanks vwei97.  this is the first test that i haven't tried yet.  i just set this up and will see how it works out.  first thing i did was sign out on all my devices and logging in with the numerical userID.  if this works, i will make sure to mark this as a solution.

Hello, I'm experiencing the same issues. As I travel frequently, and utilize my spotify offline service on long flights/subway rides, this has become rather inconvenient. I am unable to log onto the service with "Spotify Details" and can only access my account with the Facebook login credentials when I have internet access. I am using an Iphone 4s, on iOS 5.0.1, and my spotify is version 0.5.6.

Thank you for the help!

Create a new "device password" and then log in using Spotify details. Those would be your number username and the device password you set.

Such a password can be made here: http://www.spotify.com/account/set-device-password/

I can't see where to find my numerical user ID, or where to request a password...

When I click the device password URL, I end up at my account settings, and even within the account overview tab I can't see where to request/set/generate this new device password.

Thanks

Hi there,

Just to confirm: If I use that link and "Change My Password" and then am in the air on a plane or a underground on the subway and am prompted to login I can use that password with "Login With Spotify Details" despite having no cellular or Wifi service and it will still log me in?

If so, that will make me a very happy camper as I've been burned on so many long flights or times out of the country when I end up unable to access any of my music.

Same here, everytime I use the https://www.spotify.com/us/account/set-device-password/ link, its just sends me to my profile page?

I have writen to Spotify four times asking how to get around this issue, and they have yet to reply, last email sent three weeks ago. 

I love the service, but it's so annoying that when I'm out running that the song suddenly stops because I'm not in a 3G area. Will have to reconsider my subscription if they don't reply soon.

I'm also a premium subscriber (USA) and I'm also having this problem. It's incredible to believe that, after months and months, they still haven't solved it.

I use the ipad spotify app. I upgraded to premium recently in order to get offline music, but every time i close the app and reopen it, it asks me to login again, which completely defeats the purpose of "offline" music if i'm not online.

Guys, what gives? Can you please fix this problem for real?

I've been having the exact same problem; running iphone 4s with ios6, premium subscriber.  quite annoying as I've been spending a lot of time on flights lately and I can't access my offline playlists.

the fix identified earlier seems like it is working for people, but then a moderator advised people not to do that (without offering a better solution) so... what's the deal? 

Same problem here. Ipod Touch 4G. Prepared offline playlist for holiday, got the login prompt presented and of course I was somewhere where absolutely no internet is available to log in. VERY annoying! Ipod was useless within my holiday.

The previous method detailed in an earlier post does work.  Well it did for me using an iPhone 4s.

It's just so incredibly weird that Spotify haven't fixed this problem and maybe more remarkably haven't updated it's users on progress to fix it whilst continuing to take the users monies.

Spotify is fantastic and one I'd wholeheartedly recommend to other people and I use premium (offline) everyday.  But Spotify devs please come up with a fix or clarify that the workaround we use will continue to work until at least the moment when you update the app with a permanent solution.

Why does Spotify have forums like this if they just allow issues to go unaddressed?  It almost makes the issue seem worse, since we all know that they know, but aren't doing anything.   And before some Spotify moderator comes back to me and says "we are working on a solution. please be patient." let me just say,  I'm an app developer and a web developer, and if you guys were ACTUALLY working on this it would already be fixed.  problems like this take days to solve, not months.....

spotify please stop telling us lies.  just fix it already, or tell us it will be fixed by  some month, some day, some year.... something solid.  

About 3 months ago, all I was doing was raving about Spotify.... telling everyone, you've got to try this thing!  Now I'm embarassed to tell them..... "Yeah, I use that music service where offline music is available....uhhh... welll...that nots working right now....but...uhh... maybe in a few weeks...errr....months....oh nevermind, just stick with iTunes, you'll be happier".....

FAIL

Suggested posts